PDA

View Full Version : Any member in Southern Wisconsin Area??

REXINATOR
08-08-2010, 06:08 PM
Hello Everyone! I am seriously considering buying Bob's classic "donzi brochure" 1973 yellow/white 18 footer that is listed here. It's a lot of dough for me; I am not rich nor "professional!" Also to make matters worse (lol!), I know little about boats; that's why I joined this site. I am wondering if there is any member near Bob (262 area code, Milwaukee) who could look at the boat for me? Or if anyone knows of a reputable marine surveyor in his area? I am also very concerned that a boat this old would need a lot of work done on the engine, even tho' Bob says the hours are like 4 to 500 hours, very low for the age of the boat. I appreciate any feedback, advice or information anyone out there might have? I have less than a week to make up my mind, so time is of the essence! You may email me thru this site or on my private email address: parkslopescott@aol.com I want to add that all of the members: Matty, Lars, Tom in Alabama, Mark in Maryland, David "vol", The Lake George guys et al., have all been first class in their notes to me on what to look out for and what to be careful of! I appreciate all of your time, help and opinions! Bob in Wisconsin has gone the extra mile....way beyond the standard.... to help me out in all sorts of ways on my classic donzi quest! My sincere thanks to everyone! Happy and safe boating this summer!
Scott

HOWARD O
08-09-2010, 01:45 PM
Hey Scott,

Welcome to the registry! I can't help you with inspecting this boat as I'm too far away. But for what it's worth, there are a handful of boats that are owned by longstanding members of this website that I'd have no qualms at all buying "sight unseen". I only know Bob from posting on this website for a long time, but his boat is definitely one that I wouldn't feel the need to inspect. I can only imagine what a creampuff it is. :yes:

But that's just me and my personal opinion......and that would be a LOT of dough for me too.

Hope you end up with it and good luck!

Howard

on edit: I was just looking again at all those photos of this boat. I dare say it might be the nicest, original Donzi I've ever seen. It really looks new to me!

DAULEY
08-13-2010, 06:42 PM
thanks howard for the kind words and scott also
scott needs to find a donzi he can afford getting a loan on a 37 year old boat is not going to happen in this day and age