PDA

View Full Version : Donzi Direct

Papu
08-04-2010, 08:32 AM
How long has www.donzidirect.com (http://www.donzidirect.com) been in the works? Is it ever going to go live?

Phil

gcarter
08-04-2010, 08:55 AM
If I remember correctly, Josh said it would be next year.

Papu
08-04-2010, 09:07 AM
Then I will have to exercise patience.

DonziJosh
08-10-2010, 09:35 AM
It's still coming to life. We're open for business and shipping parts daily though. Call us at 888.441.1614. We accept all major credit cards.

Also making some real progress with the Custom Classic Studio and hope to have some things to show soon.

Josh

mrfixxall
08-10-2010, 11:04 AM
It's still coming to life. We're open for business and shipping parts daily though. Call us at 888.441.1614. We accept all major credit cards.

Also making some real progress with the Custom Classic Studio and hope to have some things to show soon.

Josh

A shelby look alike with a supercharged ls 427 with a imco extreme drive with a -2 shorty?? :)

o and reasonably priced?

Marlin275
08-10-2010, 01:39 PM

Josh

Hey Josh any Donzi news coming up, new models?
We have to wait for the dealer meeting?

CHACHI
08-10-2010, 07:30 PM

Josh

How does your surviving dealer network feel about this?

Ken

The Hedgehog
08-11-2010, 08:14 AM
I think it is great for those of us that live in the boonies and if you go to a dealer to get work done, they can still help you.

Carl C
08-11-2010, 08:24 AM
A shelby look alike with a supercharged ls 427 with a imco extreme drive with a -2 shorty?? :)

o and reasonably priced?

Dream on. They won't even offer the 525..........Unless...."some things to show soon"? :)

Carl C
08-11-2010, 08:27 AM

Ken

It was my understanding that all Donzi Powerboats are now custom ordered from the factory. Thus no more stocking dealers. Service would be done at a shop of your choice after being approved by Donzi. I could be wrong though.

Papu
08-11-2010, 08:45 AM

Ken
"Dealer Network"? What the #@$^%&(+-! is that???

CHACHI
08-12-2010, 07:13 AM
Well then, if the dealer network is gone and you now have to order directly from the factory, is there any consideration on price now that the dealer margin is gone?

Ken

gcarter
08-12-2010, 09:04 AM
Well then, if the dealer network is gone and you now have to order directly from the factory, is there any consideration on price now that the dealer margin is gone?

Ken

Probably not because every one is custom built.

LKSD
08-12-2010, 04:07 PM

Ken

Ken,

Regardless of what transpires, there are other options besides the factory. Hence me, which many already know.. lol ;)

I pretty much only call my rep @ Donzi when I may need something with their Logo on it that they currently offer..

Even though I do a good amount of work on Donzi's and other Performance boats.

I have little need to get much from them or any other boat manufacturer at all..

I usually just go to the same vendors that supplied them with the parts to build the boat in the first place.. I also deal with other vendors that some companies didn't even know they used in the past due to, poor record keeping, corporate or ownership changes.. If it is beyond that I have capabilities of custom recreating a part if needed, however that just sometimes gets pricey if we have to go that way..

We offer so many different items and services for Donzi, Cigarette & other small to mid size performance boats. I have actually been working on a large catalog for aftermarket replacement and custom parts on them.

I have info going back to the 1960's for some of the boat lines, and I have been compiling this info for over a decade. I hope to have something together by the end if this winter to release to the public..

;) Jamie / Lakeside Restorations

BTW: I tried to give you a shout the other day, but I guess you were out of the office.. :) Dave said he had a good time meeting you & Norm the other weekend.. :)
I'll catch up with ya later tho.. .. J

LKSD
08-12-2010, 04:18 PM
It was my understanding that all Donzi Powerboats are now custom ordered from the factory. Thus no more stocking dealers. Service would be done at a shop of your choice after being approved by Donzi. I could be wrong though.

Carl,

for warranty work it all must be authorized by Donzi. I always have to call my rep before doing any warranty work on anything. It must be pre approved by them. Usually though they try to have a warranty issue handled by the original selling dealer if possible.

However, non warranty work can be done by any competent facility of the boat owners choice. No manufacturer has control over who services or does non warranty work to your boat or vehicle..

I'm sure I probably restated the obvious, which you probably knew, but didn't further elaborate on.

I hope you are enjoying your summer.. :) Jamie / Lakeside

DonziJosh
08-12-2010, 04:58 PM
Wow, lots to comment on here!

Let's take a crack at some of this:

1. LS 427 in a 22C. Are you providing the power, or are we? Looked at the GM Performance Parts site but didn't see the 427, but did see lots of options. Plenty of questions to be asked but we'll sure discuss it. Call me!

2. 525 Merc in a 22C... We've built a couple. It's certainly available. Most everything we're building these days is throw-away-the-price-sheets custom. If someone wants a 525 in a 22 we can do that.

3. As for new product announcements, I'm working on it right now, actually, because this is the time of year that the mags start doing their "fall previews." Most manufacturer's aren't having conventional dealer meetings; 2011 model Donzis have already been built, sold, and delivered and the changes are ongoing.

4. With regard to parts sales, customers may buy from whoever they wish. Our goal was to provide resources to Donzi owners across the country and around the world - especially those for whom finding a "local dealer" is no simple matter. We soft-launched the parts service with no fanfare - just a phone number, and we've been taking calls and shipping parts on a daily basis to customers across North America, as well as to a number of Donzi owners in Australia, the Netherlands, the UK, Panama, Germany, and Sweden (and even to a couple people from these boards). Whaddaya know - maybe we stumbled onto something here! :)

Josh

The Hedgehog
08-12-2010, 05:16 PM

1. LS 427 in a 22C. Are you providing the power, or are we? Looked at the GM Performance Parts site but didn't see the 427, but did see lots of options. Plenty of questions to be asked but we'll sure discuss it. Call me!

2. 525 Merc in a 22C... We've built a couple. It's certainly available. Most everything we're building these days is throw-away-the-price-sheets custom. If someone wants a 525 in a 22 we can do that.

3. As for new product announcements, I'm working on it right now, actually, because this is the time of year that the mags start doing their "fall previews." Most manufacturer's aren't having conventional dealer meetings; 2011 model Donzis have already been built, sold, and delivered and the changes are ongoing.

4. With regard to parts sales, customers may buy from whoever they wish. Our goal was to provide resources to Donzi owners across the country and around the world - especially those for whom finding a "local dealer" is no simple matter. We soft-launched the parts service with no fanfare - just a phone number, and we've been taking calls and shipping parts on a daily basis to customers across North America, as well as to a number of Donzi owners in Australia, the Netherlands, the UK, Panama, Germany, and Sweden (and even to a couple people from these boards). Whaddaya know - maybe we stumbled onto something here! :)

Josh

Awesome, sounds like you have some good stuff going on. I am glad to hear it.:pimp:

The Euro thing is interesting. I have had several conversations with folks from Norway, Sweden and the UK. We have a few of them on the board here along with some folks from Germany. That is pretty cool.

mrfixxall
08-12-2010, 05:24 PM

Josh

You should have a program to where a customer has a hand in building their donzi,this way they can take a little more pride in using it..I would love to go at it with the auto cad software you guys use and add my finishing touches :) but as the economy is now i wont be buying anything for a while..

Carl C
08-12-2010, 09:39 PM
cool!