PDA

View Full Version : Rear lifting ring

EricH
08-02-2010, 09:05 PM
Looking for some help! I just bought a 76 classic 18 2+3 out of Florida and there are several things I will be looking for as I get her back into shape. The first is the bracket for the rear lifting ring that is in pretty bad shape. Is there anyone reproducing these or does anyone know who might have one. Appreciate any help.

Eric

mrfixxall
08-02-2010, 09:09 PM
Looking for some help! I just bought a 76 classic 18 2+3 out of Florida and there are several things I will be looking for as I get her back into shape. The first is the bracket for the rear lifting ring that is in pretty bad shape. Is there anyone reproducing these or does anyone know who might have one. Appreciate any help.

Eric

your going to have to have one made..after you get the engine out take the boat to your local welding shop and leave it with them..im sure he would be able to duplicate it..

EricH
08-02-2010, 09:16 PM
Yeah I was afraid of that, probably not many laying around, but i have a friend who welds for a living and he should be able to fix me up. Thanks for the reply.

Eric

1976 Donzi Classic 2+3
1964 Glastron Jetflite V143

2donzi2
08-02-2010, 09:24 PM
Yeah I was afraid of that, probably not many laying around, but i have a friend who welds for a living and he should be able to fix me up. Thanks for the reply.

Eric

1976 Donzi Classic 2+3

Hey Eric,

know the boat you bought. i'm about 20 min down the road from where it was and when it listed i almost pulled the trigger on it but decided the 4 i have already is too many. as fixx said, just have a fabricator make you one and i would strongly advise powder coating it before you reinstall it. have you checked the fuel tank. that was the only concern i had. been through a couple of deck off procedures and wasn't ready for another, but other than that, neat boat. post some pictures when you get it cleaned up. like to see it reborn again.

EricH
08-02-2010, 09:45 PM
Man, I checked the tank when I got it home and did not smell any fuel so I was glad about that, then my buddy Jim (JIMG) came over and asked if I had checked to see if it was steel or aluminum, I thought they were all steel back then. I put a magnet on it and it was aluminum, boy you talking about making my day!! I have already buffed out about 1/3 of the boat and it's really looking great. I will post some pictures this week. This boat is bone stock original and really clean, been waiting a long a time for the right one and this looks like it's going to be a good one. Plan on doing all the cosmetics first then get the motor running and eventually pull it out and go through whatever it needs.

Eric

Pismo
08-03-2010, 06:54 AM
I had on made out of 1/2" stainless and I have never looked back. They used the old trashed one as a pattern. Couple hundred $$ and 2 days, works great.

mrfixxall
08-03-2010, 05:07 PM
if you want to wait a few years after i get my serface drive,extension box,2 speed b&m tranny and ls motor installed in my X you can have mine:)

EricH
08-11-2010, 10:20 PM
Thanks, might take you up on that!

Eric

1976 Donzi Classic 2+3