PDA

View Full Version : Carpet for your Donzi

knots2u
08-02-2010, 07:06 PM
I have two carpets on ebay, one for a 16 Ski Sporter, one for a 22 Classic. Ebay pricing is a great deal! Should you miss them or need a different carpet I have a 10% off sale on carpets ordered in August.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=290460047280&viewitem=&sspagename=STRK%3AMESELX%3AIT This 22 carpet did not sell, still available, PM me please.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=290460040744&viewitem=&sspagename=STRK%3AMESELX%3AIT SOLD to an educated consumer!

Thanks,
Bob

2donzi2
08-02-2010, 08:37 PM
I have two carpets on ebay, one for a 16 Ski Sporter, one for a 22 Classic. Ebay pricing is a great deal! Should you miss them or need a different carpet I have a 10% off sale on carpets ordered in August.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=290460047280&viewitem=&sspagename=STRK%3AMESELX%3AIT
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=290460040744&viewitem=&sspagename=STRK%3AMESELX%3AIT
Thanks,
Bob

Hey Bob,

What would be the chance and price of getting a set of carpets for a 1981 Hornet II?

knots2u
08-02-2010, 09:39 PM
Sorry, I don't have a pattern for the Hornet II.

Thanks for your inquiry,
Bob

bertsboat
08-02-2010, 10:04 PM
Can I send you a pattern? I am sure you don't have what I need on the shelf either??
Thanks in advance.

2donzi2
08-03-2010, 12:35 AM
Sorry, I don't have a pattern for the Hornet II.
Thanks for your inquiry,
Bob

Bob,

I do have the original front shag carpet which is in fairly good shape, but don't have the rear. Could make a pattern if you could do the carpet.

knots2u
08-03-2010, 06:10 AM
I don't stock carpets, the two on ebay were ordered by customers that failed to take delivery. If you make a pattern I can make a carpet.

2donzi2
08-03-2010, 07:26 AM
I don't stock carpets, the two on ebay were ordered by customers that failed to take delivery. If you make a pattern I can make a carpet.

If I give you the sizes of the front and rear, can you give me an idea on cost. Just need the carpet and bound on the edge. I have a snap tool and can install the snaps. Just would like where the snaps go re enforced the way they did the original. When I get to my storage i'll take the measurements. What's normal turn around time? Don't need any embroidery or anything. Would like something in the same color blue if you have available. Thanks, Mike

LKSD
08-03-2010, 08:04 AM
Not only do I support the site both personally and business wise, But I offer carpets as well, and specialize in Donzi. :yes: :)

Jamie / Lakeside

knots2u
08-03-2010, 07:20 PM
If you are interested in carpet ( or covers ) for your Donzi please PM me.

Thanks,
Bob

LKSD
08-03-2010, 08:32 PM
We also can be contacted for covers and other items by PM, text, email, etc.. ;) :D

Jamie / Lakeside Restorations

87donziminx
08-08-2010, 09:19 AM
Do you have a pattern for the 20 Minx?

knots2u
08-09-2010, 12:59 PM
Yes, pattern is from an '88, PM me please.

LKSD
08-09-2010, 01:06 PM
Do you have a pattern for the 20 Minx?

We can do a carpet for you if you would like. Call me if you would like to look into this further.. I also sent you a PM.. :D

Jamie / Lakeside

HOWARD O
08-09-2010, 02:58 PM
Not only do I support the site both personally and business wise, But I offer carpets as well, and specialize in Donzi. :yes: :)
Jamie / Lakeside

:yes::yes::yes:

LKSD
08-09-2010, 05:04 PM
Thanks Howard O...I am glad you get it. :yes:

Being an advertiser actually helps all of the members on here. It helps Scott keep fees low and the site going for all of the members on here to enjoy the site.

Not that I have a problem with other advertisers :). However I feel that you need to pay to play. It is only fair. Paid advertising helps keep sites running and members costs down.

Jamie

knots2u
08-09-2010, 06:08 PM
Howard, were you disappointed with the carpet I made for your 22 a couple years back? Maybe you forgot who I am or where you got it.

Bob

HOWARD O
08-10-2010, 06:29 PM
Howard, were you disappointed with the carpet I made for your 22 a couple years back? Maybe you forgot who I am or where you got it.
Bob

Bob, no I'm not disappointed with the carpet at all, it's top notch! Your work is unquestionably excellent!

But to be perfectly honest and since you asked, had I known that Jamie could've supplied me with carpet, I probably would've thrown my business his way. He has been helping people on this site with his good advice for years now, including me. Aside from the fact he does actually pay to advertise his products and services here, which benefits all the members directly.

Please don't take this as an indictment on you or your work, you were great to deal with and my carpet is beautiful! I just feel Jamie deserves a fair shake for all he does here.

Howard

LKSD
08-10-2010, 06:59 PM
Bob, no I'm not disappointed with the carpet at all, it's top notch! Your work is unquestionably excellent!
But to be perfectly honest and since you asked, had I known that Jamie could've supplied me with carpet, I probably would've thrown my business his way. He has been helping people on this site with his good advice for years now, including me. Aside from the fact he does actually pay to advertise his products and services here, which benefits all the members directly.
Please don't take this as an indictment on you or your work, you were great to deal with and my carpet is beautiful! I just feel Jamie deserves a fair shake for all he does here.
Howard

Howard, That is my sentiment exactly..

While not everyone will share the same feelings as you and I, but most will. Especially if they were in my shoes as an advertiser. It is good to see that there are other people that understand the point I was trying to make.

I don't have a problem with any particular person or persons. My feelings are not personal. It is more of a matter of principle and following the rules of this site and most others.

Not that people necessarily must do business with a sites advertisers, But when people in general try to push a product or service without paying to advertise there, it doesn't typically benefit the site or it's members IMO..

I am realistic and I know that not everyone will like me or want to do biz with me & vise versa. I am already aware of most of the reasons why that may be.. :D lol.. :)

Advertisers support generally helps to offset site and membership expenses, and a little bit of profit may go to the webmaster in some but not all cases if there is any left.

Gone are the days of big profit on forums as a rule. I own 2 forums myself that are not yet released to the public, and I can say that they do take time & $$$ to do and run.

Jamie / Lakeside :)

NJFASTECH
08-10-2010, 08:49 PM
Jamie I Have 1 simple question do you sew on site or send it out?

knots2u
08-10-2010, 09:13 PM
I started this thread only to offer some left over products at a significant discount. I added that I had a special going this month as my supplier was having a special, I was passing the savings on to members of this site. Typically when someone starts a thread looking for a cover or something that I make I do not respond to it, if past customers steer them to me I'll respond. In this thread when people asked me about other carpet I did respond to their question, should I have ignored it? After Jamie tried to hijack the thread in his direction I suggested the PM route. Am I the only one that can see the advertisement at the top?!?! Currently I have no reason to advertise here, what I do now is nothing more than a hobby, similar to carving wood dash boards, making a better fuel level sender, or selling props for old volvo drives. However, when Bilt Rite was an ongoing commercial business this site did benefit, both business wise and personally. At that time there were no banner ad's at the top nor did there need to be, past customers were our best source of advertising. Being a donator never made me feel I was entitled to anything more than just being a member of this Donzi family. :confused:

This thread is done.

LKSD
08-10-2010, 09:14 PM
Jamie I Have 1 simple question do you sew on site or send it out?

I don't see how that question is relative to the point of paying advertiser and site supporter vs non, but I will answer your question anyway.

Almost everything I do in regards to upholstery is done in house at my facility. I have my own machines & set ups for upholstery. Rarely does anything get done outside of my shop upholstery wise other than some bindings & embroidered pieces that my vendors supply me to my specs for specialized jobs..

I have done numerous interiors, carpets, covers & repairs over the years....

Jamie / Lakeside

knots2u
08-12-2010, 02:45 PM
This is not about a paying advertiser and site supporter vs. non, this is about some feeling of entitlement on your part. As I said, when Bilt Rite was in business this site received donations, expecting nothing in return. Since closing, I have still made some personal donations, expecting nothing in return. What I offered here did benefit the members, all were significantly below what I would normally charge, some of the items I offered were actually below the cost of materials alone. In hindsight, I think my only mistake was offering the discount available this month, I did so only as it could save members money. I can understand how that could be construed as soliciting business and that is not my intent on here.