PDA

View Full Version : Been on since 1986, but broke 2X the same day!

Planetwarmer
08-02-2010, 01:19 PM
Well, one of my friends was trying to help clean the boat before we left the dock. He tried to step from the seat and over the windshield on the bow, but didn't quite make it. Time for a new center section.

Later, we hit a cruiser wake and he judo chopped the side glass with his forearm and broke that too (the windshield, and maybe his arm too). Now I need two of three pieces.

I might as well get the whole thing. I would like to get the new-style shield. The lines are much nicer than the 80s. I will have to get the new corner brackets, the 80s brackets weren't on the corner.

Any suggestions?

A2VeeDub
08-02-2010, 01:43 PM
You have the tinted lexan wind sheild?

My father had a local shop make him a new piece for the passenger side of his '87 22c. He just brought the boat to the guy with what was left of the windshield removed. The guy formed the piece and test fitted it for him right then and there.

Charged him around $180 for the one side piece if I remember correctly.

Somewhere in Glen Burnie, MD. I can get details if you are interested.

Planetwarmer
08-02-2010, 02:56 PM
It is the original tinted lexan. If Im gonna spend the $$$ on a new windshield, I might as well update it to the new one.

Conquistador_del_mar
08-02-2010, 08:26 PM
If your friend is willing to do it, you might see if he would file a damage claim on his homeowner's liability policy for the damage he did. It might or might not cover him off premises. Just a thought. Bill

Planetwarmer
08-02-2010, 10:50 PM
If your friend is willing to do it, you might see if he would file a damage claim on his homeowner's liability policy for the damage he did. It might or might not cover him off premises. Just a thought. Bill
OOooo! I like it! He and his brand new wife are poor, and cant afford to pay for this. He was just trying to help and screwed up.