PDA

View Full Version : NOS Blackhawk Drive

DickC
07-29-2010, 05:13 PM
Okay, long story short...My father had a boat shop in Fort Worth Texas and passed away two years ago. He was still running the shop (or it was running him) at 85 and many parts were found tucked away in different spots that were obviously forgotten along with a ton of regular repair parts for Merc, OMC, Volvo, Chrysler, etcetera. I am trying to sell some of those parts for my mother who is a bit "whelmed" with the mountain of "stuff".

One of those parts is what I initially thought was a Bravo III since I only looked far enough in the box to see the dual prop shaft. After digging it out of the box, I discovered it is a NOS Blackhawk upper/lower drive. I will get the information on the gears, pictures, and price tonight. I also found a prop set for it still in the boxes (new). They are 27" pitch props...part #'s: 48-823995A5 and 48-823996A5.

If anyone is interested before I get the rest of the info posted let me know via email. Thanks

DickC
07-29-2010, 09:19 PM
I didn't get pictures of the props because they are in the factory sealed boxes and I didn't want to open them. If you are interested in them enough to purchase them, I will take pictures then.
Also, I have more pictures if you are interested. The unit is NOS and has a few dings and chips in the factory paint, however, it has never been on a boat or run.
It is a 1.5 : 1 gear ratio. The part number is OF392493

Buyer will pay shipping and I will work with you and whoever you choose.

I have been advised from forum members that this NOS unit with the new props is worth $5500.00.

Feel free to post any questions and thanks.

DickC
07-30-2010, 01:49 PM
So, any advice on the price...too high, too low, just right? I haven't been involved in the business for the past 25 years so any advice would be appreciated.

DickC
07-30-2010, 03:35 PM
By the way, I also have 3 Alpha One outdrives (1.65:1, 2 new and one take off) and a new Volvo SX V-8 outdrive as well as 3 storage units 15x40 stuffed full of factory parts for Merc, Volvo, OMC, Johnrudes, Chrysler that I need to get rid of too (as well as several "good ole boy" storage areas with trailers, old boats, kayaks, jon boats and various other assorted stuff). There are bare lower gear cases both new and repaired as well (various makes). I will be making another run to Texas 1st of September to bring another load up here and will be able to get the external hard drive with the inventory list on it. If anyone has any needs or wants, let me know and I'll do my best to find it. I know my dad bought a Merc/Mercruiser business's inventory just before he passed away and I have a bunch of NOS parts that aren't on the inventory list. If you aren't in a great hurry let me know what you are looking for and I'll see what's there.

Thanks

INNERRAGE70
08-01-2010, 04:35 PM
dick c if u have any old 290 drive parts for a volvo penta stuff let me no

DickC
08-01-2010, 09:27 PM
I do have some 290 parts. What specifically are you looking for?

thriller
08-07-2010, 12:27 AM
I could use a spare..No props needed but Shoot me a PM if you would like to sell it for the boat it was made for...Are you sure they are 27P props?
Most were 29's and 31's..The drive has a weak gear set that really needs updating and the original BH's broke under load..So whomever buys it will have to baby it or update it sooner or later. Just my 2 cents..I have gone through three drives..

neptunescutlass
08-13-2010, 04:46 PM
To add to my spare parts bin.The old gearsets are quite weak...I can tell you stories.PM me if its still available

DickC
08-21-2010, 12:21 AM
The Blackhawk is sold. I still have 4 Alphas and 1 Volvo SX if anyone is interested.

donzi4life
08-23-2010, 12:37 PM
How much are you asking for one of the Alpha or SX ?

DickC
08-24-2010, 02:08 PM
Two of the Alphas are factory take-offs, the 3rd is used, and the 4th is new...the SX is new. The factory take-offs are standard/counter rotation from a twin drive setup. I need to do a little research to see what's a fair price on all of them. I'll get back to you in a few...

stationinc
08-31-2010, 06:37 AM
In need of 2-Gimbal Bearing kits for 2001 ZX Donzi with 350 Mercs, please advise if avail
Pictures & prices ??

Contact info:
stationinc@aol.com
770-598-3473-mb

Blackhawkinnc
05-04-2013, 12:01 AM
is drive still for sale
I didn't get pictures of the props because they are in the factory sealed boxes and I didn't want to open them. If you are interested in them enough to purchase them, I will take pictures then.
Also, I have more pictures if you are interested. The unit is NOS and has a few dings and chips in the factory paint, however, it has never been on a boat or run.
It is a 1.5 : 1 gear ratio. The part number is OF392493

Buyer will pay shipping and I will work with you and whoever you choose.

I have been advised from forum members that this NOS unit with the new props is worth $5500.00.

Feel free to post any questions and thanks.

sspeed33317
05-04-2013, 12:36 PM
is drive still for sale

Few posts up top says it sold in 8/2010... where are you located?

I may part with mine, don't think I am going to use it. I have the props also. 27 pitch.