PDA

View Full Version : Donzi 18 2+3

jameseaves
07-28-2010, 09:12 PM
Does anyone no what transmission this boat would of had in it originaly hull #18v-323 outdrive #7174 engine #a9hm-1030-1-r/w.

v-drive
07-28-2010, 09:36 PM
It had a Borg Warner Velvet Drive. Leave that turbo 400 in it, they work great in a boat like yours.

jameseaves
07-29-2010, 06:49 PM
It had a Borg Warner Velvet Drive. Leave that turbo 400 in it, they work great in a boat like yours.

how do you shift it will it clunk from forward to reverse or when you put it in park, how about when you dock the boat isn't the prop always going to be spinning or is just somthing you have to get use to

gcarter
07-29-2010, 07:29 PM
The Borg Warner is a single planetary gearset, hydraulically operated transmission which is no difference than the THM 400 other than the number of gearsets.
Neutral is neutrral. It won't transmit power if no clutch pack or band is energised, unles there's some drag in those items.

mrfixxall
07-29-2010, 07:32 PM
how do you shift it will it clunk from forward to reverse or when you put it in park, how about when you dock the boat isn't the prop always going to be spinning or is just somthing you have to get use to

the t-400 will act the same as the BW trans,same style parts but a few more parts for the extra gears..the park should be locked out or the parking pin in the trans should be removed..like vdrive said leave the t400 in the boat,its like driving a car and when it changes gears hold on :)

jameseaves
07-29-2010, 08:08 PM
getting excited to get this in the water hopefuly In about two weeks

mrfixxall
07-29-2010, 09:41 PM
getting excited to get this in the water hopefuly In about two weeks

on another note, that trans may shift by its self,if theirs a vacume modulator in the side of the trans then it will shift if theirs no modulator then it probably hav a manuel valve body..when you get everything hooked back up go through the gears and find out the pattern before you put it into the water..this way you wont have any accidents :0

v-drive
07-31-2010, 05:27 PM
Jameseaves, I will explain some things about your transmission but I type to slow. PM me a phone number and I'll give you a call. Richy.