PDA

View Full Version : Need a little help from the Tn folks

The Hedgehog
07-26-2010, 08:49 AM
I have just learned that TVA is closing Watts Bar Lock for a few weeks in October. It just happens that will take place during the Bama TN game.

We can joke about all that later. The most important thing is that Tex and I really want to come up with the big boats to party.

Do any of the TN guys have a good suggestion for a place that we can score some transient space for a few weeks at Watts Bar or Ft Loudon? It would not hurt my feelings to spend a little time in that area this fall. Lots of beautiful places to run.

cutwater
07-26-2010, 09:19 AM
Hedge - I'm in Charleston right now, but I'll ask around when I get back. 2 boats? What length?

The Hedgehog
07-26-2010, 09:35 AM
Hedge - I'm in Charleston right now, but I'll ask around when I get back. 2 boats? What length?

A 48 and a 60 for sure.

Thanks.

Donzi Vol
07-26-2010, 10:48 AM
I'll check on it today. Give me a shout later and we'll figure it out. It's definitely best to figure it out as soon as possible, as there will be a lot of out-of-town boats getting dock space during football season.

WifeHatesMyDonzi
07-26-2010, 06:53 PM
Are you wanting marina suggestions or a private dock? .....We can work something out for you guys one way or another.

RedDog
07-26-2010, 09:44 PM
Volunteer Marina downtown Knoxville may have some room for big boats - http://www.themarinas.net/content.asp?nav=110836&cpid=7781& contact info on the link.
Could also try a web search for contact info at:
Concord Marina - really nice but be sure to ask about overpass bridge height leading into it
Friendsville Marina
Lewisville Marina
Fort Loudon Dam Marina

WifeHatesMyDonzi
07-27-2010, 05:38 AM
Volunteer Marina downtown Knoxville may have some room for big boats - http://www.themarinas.net/content.asp?nav=110836&cpid=7781& contact info on the link.
Could also try a web search for contact info at:
Concord Marina - really nice but be sure to ask about overpass bridge height leading into it
Friendsville Marina
Lewisville Marina
Fort Loudon Dam Marina

We have got to get reddog out of the 1980's :wink:

Friendsville is now International Harbor Marina
Lewisville is Louisville Landing Marina

Those all stay pretty full but there a couple of new marinas that have been advertising in our local newspaper:
Rarity Point Marina and Sequoia Marina
They have ben advertising $175 per month, damn good deal if its true.

The Hedgehog
07-27-2010, 01:25 PM

Those all stay pretty full but there a couple of new marinas that have been advertising in our local newspaper:
They have ben advertising $175 per month, damn good deal if its true.

Yes, I am trying to swing a deal with Rarity. May as well take a month and cruise the area then bring it back after the lock opens.

WifeHatesMyDonzi
07-27-2010, 06:49 PM
Yes, I am trying to swing a deal with Rarity. May as well take a month and cruise the area then bring it back after the lock opens.

Rarity would be a perfect location to homebase and cruise the area. From there it is about a 30 mile run to Neyland Stadium for the ball games. Plus it is at the end of Tellico lake so you could run 30 miles in the opposite direction and explore all of Tellico lake. Great choice if it works out for you.

RedDog
07-27-2010, 07:09 PM

They have been advertising $175 per month, damn good deal if its true.

OK Steve - I need some updating. I'm not so familiar with the LAKE down where you boat. I'm a RIVER man that likes to stick further up on the TN RIVER :lookaroun:

Closer access to Tellico would be a good thing though. Tellico and Loudon are joined by a canal so no locking through from 1 lake to the other. And Tellico is so much prettier and clean. And at least I didn't call Lewisville (Louisville) PJ's - the name I always best knew it by

WifeHatesMyDonzi
07-27-2010, 07:19 PM
RD,
I just didn't want Hedge to wear his fingers out searching with outdated material.
I do bow to your Vestal/River knowledge:worthy:

Donzi Vol
07-27-2010, 09:54 PM

So I guess you got a good response from them. That is a good thing. Let me know if there's anything else I can do to help.

RedDog
07-28-2010, 08:56 PM
RD,
I just didn't want Hedge to wear his fingers out searching with outdated material.
I do bow to your Vestal/River knowledge:worthy:

That would be WEST Vestal as in west of Montgomery Village (a pure bastion of South Knoxville society). Convenient to Alcoa Way Shopping Center just to the east. Pure upper scale shopping and dining for your latest in tattoos, massages, karaoke-biker bar, check cashing, and firearms / ammo. The perfect way-over for the discerning Donzi boater on the way to and from the river.

WifeHatesMyDonzi
07-29-2010, 04:56 AM
That would be WEST Vestal as in west of Montgomery Village (a pure bastion of South Knoxville society). Convenient to Alcoa Way Shopping Center just to the east. Pure upper scale shopping and dining for your latest in tattoos, massages, karaoke-biker bar, check cashing, and firearms / ammo. The perfect way-over for the discerning Donzi boater on the way to and from the river.

I've got frequent flyer miles with all of those establishments. I even remember getting bounced out of Bambies one evening.