PDA

View Full Version : Customizing a classic?

BUDISMONKY
07-25-2010, 07:34 PM
I have recently bought a 1987 Donzi Z29. I want to update the dash on this and when i say update it I mean completely rebuild it. I work in fiberglass for a living and am thinking about making this a show boat for my new business.

The plan is to fiberglass over the windshield and make it wrao down with a nice curnve and then straight down to the floor. Kind of like with newer boats. This will allow for a larger door down into the cuddy and also speakers build into the new dash as well as brand new gauges. Then the big Donzi logo across the new fiberglass windshield. Removing the double bolster and installing a single Bolster and possibly making the rear bench wrap around the left side of the boat. Removing the sink and fridge and making the benches inside longer as well as a very nice stereo system.

My question is. How do people feel about hackin up older boats like this and making them more modern and hightech. Do you think it will add value or decrease value? I bought it for $13,000 so its not like I am out an arm and a leg if I do this. I am just curious.

I know donzis are somethign special and I just wanted to get some opinions from Donzi lovers before I hack into it.

Carl C
07-25-2010, 09:38 PM
Do it.:yes::cool:

Carl C
07-25-2010, 09:40 PM
There are lots of customized Classics and "classics" on this site.

Ed Donnelly
07-26-2010, 05:24 PM
The first thing any new Donzi guy or gal does is personalize it

Go for it.....................Ed

Tidbart
07-26-2010, 05:33 PM
Go for it. Most here would appreciate documentation of the process.

As far as adding or subtracting value, you will find that answer when you sell it.:bonk::yes:

Bob

Ghost
07-26-2010, 06:41 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JoqDYcCDOTg&feature=related

Besides, you've already got a blessing from Carl C, owner and inventor of Carl'sBad Cabins.

Carl C
07-26-2010, 09:49 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JoqDYcCDOTg&feature=related

Besides, you've already got a blessing from Carl C, owner and inventor of Carl'sBad Cabins.

lmao.......