PDA

View Full Version : One Hour Moto

Fluffy Foo-Foo
07-24-2010, 03:54 PM
Yep. One hour moto, not photo. That was about the total time I had in the new to me 16.

Wanted to post in the 2010 fasttest classic thread but felt that my top speed of 63.9 at 4500 rpm wasn't worthy before the motor went on me.

Started to blow smoke out the breathers. Shut it down. Ran a compression test. Everything OK. Ran a leak down test. Everything OK.

WTF?

Pulled the motor. Removed the oil pan. Bearings shot! Pan full of metal.

When you buy a lemon, make lemonade!

New short block on order. 383 with Scat 4340 crank and H-rods. Will be re-installing the blower. Tried to sell it but 2 deals fell through. It's cheaper than buying a new intake and carb and sitting on a shiny blower that I already paid for. I can play around with the boost levels to satisfy my power needs. What would I do with all the room under the scoop if I put on a regular intake and carb? Plus it looks cool!

Have been very busy re-wiring the entire boat while everything is out.
The attached shows unnecessary and unused wire! (remember the lemonade comment?!?).

Anyway, I hope to have it back together in about 2 weeks or so. Will post results as progress is made.

Thanks,
Steve

Edit, 1st and last pics are extra wire. Middle one is harness that I will re-use.

Greg Guimond
08-06-2010, 07:37 PM
Sorry to hear that F3, was wondering what happened

Fluffy Foo-Foo
08-06-2010, 09:35 PM
Thanks, Greg.
Short block delivered on Tuesday.
Hopefully will be on the water in 2 weeks if my schedule permits.