PDA

View Full Version : Forgotten engine!

MOP
07-21-2010, 10:09 PM
We had a power outage one of the first long ones in awhile, Bonnie got tired of candles and just had to have the gen set running. I dragged it out flipped the main breaker off and plugged the little rascal in, turned on the gas ans as it has for the past 8-10 years fired off on the first pull. I knew the tank was full I always leave it that way, after an hour or so I decided to take peek in through the fill. Blew me away the gas was a cloudy orange color, it was purring like a kitten so I figured screw it will clean what needs to be cleaned when it is done doing its job. Ran about three more hours just perfectly "Go Figure" my boat or car would die on the spot. Never saw gas that funny colored, probably the corn in the alky doing it:pimp:

jonzis donzi
07-22-2010, 06:26 AM
Must be a honda!

zelatore
07-22-2010, 12:49 PM
Amazingly, I have a crappy little old Coleman gen that's pretty much the same way. I've never done a thing to it, but it alwasy starts even after sitting for a year or more.

It's just a tad louder/heavier than a Honda though. :wink:

Cuda
07-23-2010, 08:43 AM
I also have a 6000 watt coleman. It might sit years between starts, but it will start on the second pull everytime. The day I bought it, I heard my helper in the garage pulling and pulling. He's a big strong guy, so I walked out to see what the problem was. He had poured diesel in the gas tank. It wasn't full, so I filled it the rest of the way up with gas. We got it started after several pulls and it ran rough at first, and smoked like a bich. It got better and as I added gas is kept running better. I haven't ran it in a couple of years, but I bet it will start on the second pull. It's not light. My cousin had a 1000 watt Honda we carried around when working. It was a whole lot easier than stretching an extension cord over a quarter or a mile. It always started on the first pull. It was a great little piece of equipment and light.