PDA

View Full Version : Z22 engine cracked

mikey1285
07-20-2010, 09:01 PM
Can someone tell me if a auto block and a marine block are the same ? Its a Chevy 350

Cuda
07-21-2010, 05:26 AM
Yes they are.

Greg
07-22-2010, 06:39 PM
When I had the stroker built for my Scarab I used a 1987 pickup truck block and had it converted to marine use. Pickup truck blocks are a heavier casting and stand up better to marine use. ' 87 and newer blocks are set up for roller motors. There is a site on the internet called mortec.com that has a listing of the number castings. Just get the number off the block and it tells you what you have. Hope this helps.

axelkloehn
07-23-2010, 01:18 AM
When I had the stroker built for my Scarab I used a 1987 pickup truck block and had it converted to marine use. Pickup truck blocks are a heavier casting and stand up better to marine use. ' 87 and newer blocks are set up for roller motors. There is a site on the internet called mortec.com that has a listing of the number castings. Just get the number off the block and it tells you what you have. Hope this helps.

mortec.com is not online....

MOP
07-24-2010, 05:25 PM
If a block has "Only" an external freeze crack it will heal its self with salt water run through it,times of letting it dry but it will corrode shut! You can also do what is called a stitch job which requires a fair amount of drilling and tapping of the block, but it is a tries and true method! Shame to throw away something that can be fixed properly!

mikev
07-26-2010, 03:38 PM
I have fixed two crack on the outside only blocks with JB weld and they held for years now if its leaking internally dont think i would try it.