PDA

View Full Version : Anyone know the whereabouts of this 24' Superboat?

Eugene Nahemow
07-16-2010, 12:53 PM
http://www.donzi.net/forums/picture.php?albumid=56&pictureid=1511

http://www.donzi.net/forums/picture.php?albumid=56&pictureid=1510

I almost bought this years ago.
Just trying to see if I can unearth it.

lars
07-16-2010, 06:52 PM
Now We're talking Eugene! She's red and I bet that neither Your S-2 or Whaler is, so let's find You this one so You have something to work on :wink:
I could probably point out a few guys that are into Superboats and that know where most of the unusual ones are, but it would help if You sent me a P.M. with a little more info as far as the last known location/ownership of the boat. To start with, contact Greg Guimond, http://www.donzi.net/forums/member.php?u=5170
he's always a good source of information.

Then try George (ghost28) on screamandfly.com,
http://www.screamandfly.com/member.php?2324-ghost28
He knows about a lot of Superboats. Otherwise hopefully Your offshoreonly.com inquiry turns something up.

BUIZILLA
07-16-2010, 08:30 PM
it's definately salt water and tidal surroundings

mattyboy
07-17-2010, 09:05 AM
that's a florida boat was for sale 6-7 years ago
nice setup with the stern power drive

a superboat would be a very unique boat out by you Eugene

an east coast boat goes west

did you check with the superboat forum

Eugene Nahemow
07-17-2010, 12:11 PM
This particular boat was in Maryland.
It had a Richie Zul engine and set up very nicely.
I am not really looking to buy anything but if this one presented itself, that could change.

Eugene Nahemow
07-17-2010, 12:17 PM
I have also e-mailed Richie Zul.

Eugene Nahemow
07-17-2010, 12:19 PM
that's a florida boat was for sale 6-7 years ago
nice setup with the stern power drive

a superboat would be a very unique boat out by you Eugene

an east coast boat goes west

did you check with the superboat forum

Almost every boat that I have owned has come from the east coast.
It would be nice to find something out west but not in my cards I guess.

Eugene Nahemow
07-17-2010, 12:49 PM
Last known was at;
http://www.mrdmotorsports.com/

It was re-rigged there with a Bravo shorty.
Anyone near Lindenhurst?

Eugene Nahemow
07-19-2010, 01:42 PM
Found it at MRD in Lindenhurst NY.
Owner just finished major upgrades.
So not for sale, or not for sale that I would want to pay.

Greg Guimond
07-19-2010, 08:19 PM
That's hardcore Superboat country Eugene.................

Eugene Nahemow
07-19-2010, 08:27 PM
Yup, I used to live in Port Washington, NY

Sweet Cheekz
07-30-2010, 08:27 PM
I saw my first Superboat at a ramp on Peconic Bay this summer It had an outboard and was real sharp Nice looking boats
Parnell

Greg Guimond
07-30-2010, 08:46 PM
I am surprised that Eugene is reaching east for Superboats. There are a lot of options from west coast builders.

Eugene Nahemow
08-02-2010, 03:35 PM
I am surprised that Eugene is reaching east for Superboats. There are a lot of options from west coast builders.

Not really.
IF and I mean a big If, I were to purchase something it needs to be a 22-24' boat with classic lines and a small cuddy.
The only two (west coast) that I happen to even remoteley like are Hallett and Lavey, but still not my sense of aesthetic.
The boat that I like in a 24' is the Warlock, but it does not have any room forward.

Pantera,older Superboats, Excalibur, Powerplay are more to my liking.

Another 24' with great lines is the 24' Progression, but I really like the sound of a V8.

One of the newer larger boats that I also like is the 29' Extreme. I would love to own one but Wardley still wants a good deal of money for his 2005.

Greg Guimond
08-02-2010, 07:01 PM
True wave crushing deep V ..........check
Old school looks with BBC I/O .......check
Must have V cuddy ....................check
Less then 24' but more than 22'......check

Carrera Classic 236 (tower easily removed)
Warlock 23XRI (not the Offshore or Euro models)
Hallett 240 (if you want a little more beam)

Good Luck

lars
08-02-2010, 08:23 PM
When the wonderful Extreme 29 was designed the fellows had a 26' Scarab F1 in their shop. It's common knowledge that the hulls are extremely similar and both run 90's without any chine walking. If You could live without the cuddy I think the f1 up in WA that has been for sale for quite some time now could be had for close to $30K. It's listed by a broker for $39.5K, but the owner has had it on craigslist a week ago for $35K. Wonderful boat for the money and Larry Smith told me that he was very happy with how the stepped 26 and 43 turned out :yes:

Ad link; http://www.offshoreonly.com/classifieds/1_of_6_26_039_larry_smith_f1_scarab_race_pleasure-o34910-en.html

Ad link; http://www.yachtworld.com/boats/2000/Wellcraft-Scarab-Scarab-2163788/Gig-Harbor/WA/United-States

Eugene Nahemow
08-02-2010, 09:32 PM
When the wonderful Extreme 29 was designed the fellows had a 26' Scarab F1 in their shop. It's common knowledge that the hulls are extremely similar and both run 90's without any chine walking. If You could live without the cuddy I think the f1 up in WA that has been for sale for quite some time now could be had for close to $30K. It's listed by a broker for $39.5K, but the owner has had it on craigslist a week ago for $35K. Wonderful boat for the money and Larry Smith told me that he was very happy with how the stepped 26 and 43 turned out :yes:
Ad link; http://www.offshoreonly.com/classifieds/1_of_6_26_039_larry_smith_f1_scarab_race_pleasure-o34910-en.html
Ad link; http://www.yachtworld.com/boats/2000/Wellcraft-Scarab-Scarab-2163788/Gig-Harbor/WA/United-States

Can't live without the cuddy.
I know about the Scarab F1 in Washington.
Seems to be a little controversy on that one.
Thanks.

Eugene Nahemow
08-02-2010, 09:38 PM
True wave crushing deep V ..........check
Old school looks with BBC I/O .......check
Must have V cuddy ....................check
Less then 24' but more than 22'......check

Carrera Classic 236 (tower easily removed)
Warlock 23XRI (not the Offshore or Euro models)
Hallett 240 (if you want a little more beam)

Good Luck

I've looked at the Carrera 236's.
Not greatly built or rigged.
Warlock 23XRI has always looked a little chubby to me.
Hallet 240 - best of the bunch.
Harder to find without a open bow though.

I am a very hard person to please.:yes:
I have been spoiled with the boats I have already gone through.

lars
08-02-2010, 10:05 PM
:confused:

"I know about the Scarab F1 in Washington.
Seems to be a little controversy on that one".

Please Eugene could You expand on this in a P.M. . There's a couple of guys in Sweden that are contemplating this one and it would be good if I could fill them in on the details.

Regards

z33donzi
08-03-2010, 02:23 AM

I have been spoiled with the boats I have already gone through.could this eugene be a woman sounds like one to me fick gigle to

seano
08-03-2010, 11:56 AM
I saw my first Superboat at a ramp on Peconic Bay this summer It had an outboard and was real sharp Nice looking boats
Parnell

As in Peconic Bay, LI? Whatcha doin in this neck-o-the woods?

Sweet Cheekz
08-03-2010, 12:17 PM
Just spent a few days out there after the Lake George run Love boating there and want to do some more when the magnums done so I have twins and a little wave security Very nice boating
Parnell

seano
08-03-2010, 01:05 PM
Just spent a few days out there after the Lake George run Love boating there and want to do some more when the magnums done so I have twins and a little wave security Very nice boating
Parnell

nice! grew up on peconic bay. beleive it or not, it can get real NASTY! You'll be glad to have the magnum and would probably wish for more if it got nasty....i know i did once when i had my 28. :)

CHACHI
08-03-2010, 01:06 PM

I have been spoiled with the boats I have already gone through.

Howard 28?

Ken

Eugene Nahemow
08-03-2010, 01:13 PM
could this eugene be a woman sounds like one to me fick gigle to

Dear Mr. Richard Head,
Did you and your keyboard stay up half the night thinking of that witty comment? I was almost surprised that you were actually able to complete a sentence that anyone could understand. Didn't happen though.

If you want to look like you have any chance of becoming a board moderator, please stick to words that have one syllable. Trust me, it just suits you better.

Oh and by the way, I pee standing up. I am not so sure about you though.

Eugene Nahemow
08-03-2010, 01:27 PM
Howard 28?

Ken

Ken,
Howard 28 is a great boat, but my motivation to clean and polish bigger boats these days is fading.
My son is in college now and my free (or almost free) labor is gone.
Howard also makes a 25 but there are not too many around.
Bowriders and deck boats make up a large portion of the Western market, which is why I have kept to the East Coast manufacturers.
Flat forward decks have been the styling look that I have always liked.

gcarter
08-03-2010, 02:05 PM
could this eugene be a woman sounds like one to me fick gigle to

I've met Eugene, in fact, had lunch w/him.
He's one of the brightest, most talented guys on this site.

You really need to grow up and learn when to communicate! :yes:

Why don't you take a look at his website and learn a little more about him?
Particularly before you give another opinion.

Greg Guimond
08-03-2010, 10:20 PM
Ok, back to the boats............

Eugene, I have been down the road you are about to travel. It is VERY tough to find a hull that is truly < 24' with a cuddy that you can sit up in bolt upright. Now, when I say < 24', I mean truly 24' from the tip of the bow to the back of the transom. If you want a closed deck only hull then you have to look a bit more. Having owned the Superboat 24 (and a 21) they are flyweights. Good for some conditions, but for others. Then there is the issue of what you want to spend for a < 24 footer. In my opinion, the Warlock 23XRI is a great all around fit. It is 23' on the money and an 8' beam which makes it a more useful 23 footer. It is a true 24 degree old school hull, you can't find that in 23 feet. It comes in closed deck, mid-cabin, or open bow. The closed deck has the most freeboard in its class, a big plus for 4' rolling seas with newbies on board. It also has a real cuddy, not just an overnighter. Don't overlook the Carrera though, tough package to beat for short money at $15k. A Warlock 23XRI will run $20k and a closed deck Hallett 240 will run $25k.

Now if you are just putting < 24' for the sake of writing it, there are bunches of options at 24 and change.

Also out of left field, I know of a mint Bernico if you will go weedeater which I am sure you won't LOL

lars
08-04-2010, 12:47 AM
Schiada 24

Well You know where I'm steering You now Eugene, Schiadas. There's a couple 24's and a 27 for sale right now. I bet You like the lines of these as much as I do since You can't stay away from Riverdaves :wink:

This has been for sale for a while, so I'm not sure how much they're asking, but I bet they're motivated. Posted the white/blue Schiada 24 sisterboat just to show how nice they look running, but of course I know You must have seen one in action on the water :cool!:

Ad link; http://www.sailboattraderonline.com/listing/1994-SCHIADA-24-Schiada-96741698

Greg Guimond
08-04-2010, 07:01 AM
Lars, that has neither a true cuddy nor a 24 degree bottom LOL

Eugene Nahemow
08-04-2010, 12:53 PM
I've met Eugene, in fact, had lunch w/him.
He's one of the brightest, most talented guys on this site.

You really need to grow up and learn when to communicate! :yes:

Why don't you take a look at his website and learn a little more about him?
Particularly before you give another opinion.

Thanks for the support George.
I usually try to ingnore keyboard warriors, but they do bring down the quality of the website.
It looks like you are moving right along with your project.
It's great that you are chronicling you progress here on the board.
My favorite color!

Eugene Nahemow
08-04-2010, 01:40 PM
Ok, back to the boats............

Eugene, I have been down the road you are about to travel. It is VERY tough to find a hull that is truly < 24' with a cuddy that you can sit up in bolt upright. Now, when I say < 24', I mean truly 24' from the tip of the bow to the back of the transom. If you want a closed deck only hull then you have to look a bit more. Having owned the Superboat 24 (and a 21) they are flyweights. Good for some conditions, but for others. Then there is the issue of what you want to spend for a < 24 footer. In my opinion, the Warlock 23XRI is a great all around fit. It is 23' on the money and an 8' beam which makes it a more useful 23 footer. It is a true 24 degree old school hull, you can't find that in 23 feet. It comes in closed deck, mid-cabin, or open bow. The closed deck has the most freeboard in its class, a big plus for 4' rolling seas with newbies on board. It also has a real cuddy, not just an overnighter. Don't overlook the Carrera though, tough package to beat for short money at $15k. A Warlock 23XRI will run $20k and a closed deck Hallett 240 will run $25k.

Now if you are just putting < 24' for the sake of writing it, there are bunches of options at 24 and change.

Also out of left field, I know of a mint Bernico if you will go weedeater which I am sure you won't LOL

The boating that I will be doing with this in on a large lake in Northern California and some on Lake Tahoe. Both lakes can get rough in the afternoon but I am not needing a boat that will take an extended beating.

My Magnum was great but the upkeep time on the twins and keeping it detailed took a great deal of work. Towing it meant that I needed a minimum of a 3/4 ton truck with either diesel or big block and it also had to be at least a crew cab with a long box. Storage was also a big cost.
On the other hand the 18 Classic took very little time to keep it detailed, and I could use my Blazer to tow it. The only problem was I missed having a little more freeboard and a small cuddy.
I have also found with time spent owning boats that 3 feet in length can really make a difference in upkeep,towing, etc. Both the Magnum and the Donzi have engine compartments that are problematic, which is true of many boats.

So at this point in my perfect world, I would like to have a single engine boat, an engine compartment that has some working room, a small cudy,between 22-24' and of course meets my aesthetic.:bonk:

The Superboat that I originally started this thread met that spec perfectly.

Check out the engine compartment on that boat.

http://www.donzi.net/forums/picture.php?albumid=56&pictureid=1526

http://www.donzi.net/forums/picture.php?albumid=56&pictureid=1513

Plenty of room to work and not have to be a contortionist or remove parts to get to other parts and it was a Zul engine.
To this day I am am pissed that I didn't buy the boat and just store it for future use.

I know of 4 Carrera's for sale at reasonable prices, but still not sure about the styling. Warlock 23XRI, most were open bow as well as Eliminator 23 Eagles.

24' Hallett is a great boat, but almost a little too civilized.
Same as the 24' Formula. Although if I get too much older these will probably fit the bill the best.

Thanks for all of your suggestions.

Sweet Cheekz
08-04-2010, 01:42 PM
Sweet!

Parnell

Eugene Nahemow
08-04-2010, 01:45 PM
Schiada 24
Well You know where I'm steering You now Eugene, Schiadas. There's a couple 24's and a 27 for sale right now. I bet You like the lines of these as much as I do since You can't stay away from Riverdaves :wink:
This has been for sale for a while, so I'm not sure how much they're asking, but I bet they're motivated. Posted the white/blue Schiada 24 sisterboat just to show how nice they look running, but of course I know You must have seen one in action on the water :cool!:
Ad link; http://www.sailboattraderonline.com/listing/1994-SCHIADA-24-Schiada-96741698

Lars,
That is a great boat.
I think it's been for sale for quite awhile.
Something anyone would be proud to own, Although that cuddy is pretty funny they way they shoe horned it in.

blackhawk
08-04-2010, 06:57 PM
So at this point in my perfect world, I would like to have a single engine boat, an engine compartment that has some working room, a small cudy,between 22-24' and of course meets my aesthetic.:bonk:

Sounds like a Pantera 24 would fit the bill nicely! :yes:

Greg Guimond
08-04-2010, 08:23 PM
If you are going 24 and change, there is no better than Pantera. Twice the boat as a Superboat. Lars, that Schiada has a playpen, not a real cabin. There is also a super clean 23XRI closed deck for sale right now, 23 footer is a tough size to find. Might be the right compromise for a large lake with a 454Mag MPI.

Eugene Nahemow
08-04-2010, 08:52 PM
If you are going 24 and change, there is no better than Pantera. Twice the boat as a Superboat. Lars, that Schiada has a playpen, not a real cabin. There is also a super clean 23XRI closed deck for sale right now, 23 footer is a tough size to find. Might be the right compromise for a large lake with a 454Mag MPI.

Playpens are good.:yes:

Where is the Warlock and what are they asking?
Thanks.

lars
08-05-2010, 04:04 AM
This might be the Warlock; http://inlandempire.craigslist.org/boa/1851938222.html

P.S. The Schiada's playpen got 7' matresses and personally I have never had a Swedish Viking maid onboard that's been taller than 6'2" :pimp: D.S.

lars
08-05-2010, 04:35 AM
This extraordinary 1991 Powerplay 25 Sportdeck for $32,000 asking, is such a nice boat for the money that You might be able to stop thinking about I/O Eugene?

http://www.screamandfly.com/showthread.php?206652-For-Sale-1991-Powerplay-25-Sporteck-w-twin-2003-200hp-Opti-s

Greg Guimond
08-05-2010, 07:09 AM
Lars,
I can't believe you have submitted an eggbeater on this board. Off to the woodshed for you LOL. Eugene, forget that Powerplay, I know the owner of this mint Bernico 23 and it will make that Powerplay beg for mercy with the 300XS :eek: It is shortly to be for sale. Boat is super trick. On the I/O front, there is a big difference between a playpen and a real cuddy cabin. I was under the impression from your posts that you had to have a true cuddy. It that is the case, there is the Warlock 23XRI that Lars posted and there is a second closed deck as well for less money. If you can live with a playpen, that is a whole different class of boat IMO like the attached.

blackhawk
08-05-2010, 12:35 PM
Eugene how much are you looking to spend?

Eugene Nahemow
08-05-2010, 12:57 PM
This extraordinary 1991 Powerplay 25 Sportdeck for $32,000 asking, is such a nice boat for the money that You might be able to stop thinking about I/O Eugene?
http://www.screamandfly.com/showthread.php?206652-For-Sale-1991-Powerplay-25-Sporteck-w-twin-2003-200hp-Opti-s

That Powerplay is a great looking boat and a good price for it also.
I need to hear the sound of a big block though.

Eugene Nahemow
08-05-2010, 01:00 PM
Lars,
I can't believe you have submitted an eggbeater on this board. Off to the woodshed for you LOL. Eugene, forget that Powerplay, I know the owner of this mint Bernico 23 and it will make that Powerplay beg for mercy with the 300XS :eek: It is shortly to be for sale. Boat is super trick. On the I/O front, there is a big difference between a playpen and a real cuddy cabin. I was under the impression from your posts that you had to have a true cuddy. It that is the case, there is the Warlock 23XRI that Lars posted and there is a second closed deck as well for less money. If you can live with a playpen, that is a whole different class of boat IMO like the attached.

That Bernico is beautiful. I am curious to know what he would be asking for it.
I know of that Warlock for sale. I spoke to him in Havasu a couple of years ago. I love the lines of that boat and I know of a few i/o's for sale, but I really want a small cuddy.

Eugene Nahemow
08-05-2010, 01:04 PM
Eugene how much are you looking to spend?

20k or less.
I know once I get something, I usually start customizing. :smash:
Although that Bernico that Greg posted look like it needs nothing.

lars
08-05-2010, 01:06 PM
O.K. Greg I won't post any more eggbeaters in this thread unless Eugene asks me too. Glad it prompted You to post the Bernico though. Fantastic boat to say the least. Please post more info. when it's officially for sale. Here's another exotic. Lee Spindlers latest creation based on his 2003 Schiada 22' F2 boat. It's called the Schiada Evo F1 and is supposedly a little over 22'.
I do think that You would look good in a Banana Boat 24 or Pantera 24 Eugene. Let's see if anybody knows of a great one available. What do You think Eugene?

Banana Boat 24 video; http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v8ISIh3gDBI&feature=player_embedded

Eugene Nahemow
08-05-2010, 01:09 PM
You want Bernico?
Here's a Bernico!!! :pimp:

http://www.performanceboats.com/html/forums/showthread.php?t=59735

Eugene Nahemow
08-05-2010, 01:11 PM
O.K. Greg I won't post any more eggbeaters in this thread unless Eugene asks me too. Glad it prompted You to post the Bernico though. Fantastic boat to say the least. Please post more info. when it's officially for sale. Here's another exotic. Lee Spindlers latest creation based on his 2003 Schiada 22' F2 boat. It's called the Schiada Evo F1 and is supposedly a little over 22'.
I do think that You would look good in a Banana Boat 24 or Pantera 24 Eugene. Let's see if anybody knows of a great one available. What do You think Eugene?
Banana Boat 24 video; http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v8ISIh3gDBI&feature=player_embedded

Lars,
Really like the all white Pantera.
Is the red one the boat with the turbos?
Banana 24 i/o are not that common.
There are 2 outboards for sale.

lars
08-05-2010, 01:55 PM
Yep, the red one got turbos. You're right about the lack of Banana 24's, but a Pantera as the right project boat should be a possibility with all the guys out there happy to lend a helping hand. We all seen what You do when You get Your hands on a boat, so it's easy to get excited when one knows that You're about to go at it again. There's fellows like G. Carter and you Eugene that are the leading stars that many boat lovers like myself gaze at in awe :worthy:

blackhawk
08-05-2010, 02:31 PM
Really like the all white Pantera.

That Pantera is one of the few 24s built as a "sit-down" boat. Has a killer interior from PPI and a decently built 502. 2003 if I remember right.

Greg Guimond
08-05-2010, 10:26 PM
Eugene,
I am now completely confused :nilly: so I must ask a few questions ........

1. Are you 100% in need of a true cuddy, where you can sit straight up?
2. Are you wanting an end to end measurement of < 24'?
3. Do you need a 24 degree hull?

sidebar: did you actually see the Warlock 23 World Class Offshore OB in person years ago?

Eugene Nahemow
08-06-2010, 10:42 AM
Eugene,
I am now completely confused :nilly: so I must ask a few questions ........
1. Are you 100% in need of a true cuddy, where you can sit straight up?
That's my wish, but I have always sacrificed a little function over style.
I just don't want to have to crawl under a dash to get into whats basically a storage area.
2. Are you wanting an end to end measurement of < 24'?
I don't want to go over 24'. The Magnum at 27' was alot of boat and while I loved it, it was also a pain to deal with in many ways.
3. Do you need a 24 degree hull?
Not necessarily.

sidebar: did you actually see the Warlock 23 World Class Offshore OB in person years ago?
No, I spoke with the owner and he sent me a bunch of photos.
Keith Sayre had me look at that boat. Although, he also knew that I was also not really interested in OB's.
I have seen many Warlock 23's though and love their lines. Just wish they configured access to the bow area.
This one is for sale, but it needs a great deal of work.
http://www.performanceboats.com/html/forums/showthread.php?p=1130762&posted=1#post1130762

rchevelle71
08-06-2010, 05:18 PM
Here is what you need:yes::kingme:

OOPS, sorry, it is an outboard boat:nilly:

Greg Guimond
08-06-2010, 06:30 PM
You guys are lucky the elders haven't spoken up about all the eggbeaters :rolleyes:

Eugene, I really like my Warlock but not a fit for you. If you throw in 24 footers you get to a lot more options all around. Most of the fun is the chase anyway :wink:

scippy
08-07-2010, 12:15 AM
Eugene, I know the Mag 27 sport is behind you now, but I'm presently tearing one down myself to restore and wondered if you had to do anything differently at all, what might that be? ..................We certainly can't do nothing about the small cabin LOL.........Sorry for the sidetrack

Eugene Nahemow
08-08-2010, 12:45 PM
Eugene, I know the Mag 27 sport is behind you now, but I'm presently tearing one down myself to restore and wondered if you had to do anything differently at all, what might that be? ..................We certainly can't do nothing about the small cabin LOL.........Sorry for the sidetrack

There was a great deal of thought put into the Magnum and I was really happy with the way it ultimateley turned out.
The only thing that I would have liked to have done was change out the TRS drives to Bravos.

I really liked the paint scheme. It was the only thing that I had little control over. The person I used to do it was 70 years old, and only painted custom cars. He agreed to do it if I stayed out of his shop and could only come back to see it after it was about 75% done. This was not something that I am usually comfortable with, but Don's work was really something special and I wanted him to have a go at it.
He really came through with accenting the lines of the boat, making it contemporary and I was happy with the outcome. But I also love the classic look of a solid color hull with a stripe or two just above the waterline, along with the Magnum logo. If I were to do it again that is probably where I would go with it.

There was also a nice size Magnum logo embroidered into a piece of white naugahyde that was done. I was going to stitch it into the hatch cover upholstery but never got around to it. I sold it to someone on OffshoreOnly after the boat was sold.

Greg Guimond
08-08-2010, 08:29 PM
Eugene,
Here is a thought .........The attached Carerra 238 is a pretty unique hull as the forward open bow section is smaller then most hulls in its class. This is a different hull then the 236 which was more of a river cruiser. Because it is smaller is has a bigger mid cabin area. Given you have an excellent track record of planning and execution, how about a project that would include a composite hard top of sorts, vaccum bagged and the the like so that it would be super strong and one person light. I think this Carerra would lend itself to that based on the smaller front section and will the deck profile being what it is, might give the best of both worlds and look cool like a race hatch. Here is a pic of the 2002 which were built pretty stout. This one has a 496 and XR drive.

scippy
08-09-2010, 01:15 AM
Eugene, You really did a bang up job with the Magnum! - Alone, the hull itself has a great starting point, but few can really finish as you did and take it a step higher. Mine's a '76 it's got the TRS cutouts and probabely will go with Bravo's likely. Funny how alot of us with 18 Donzi's at one time or another move up to the 27' Mag sport..............................Good luck with your new search.

lars
08-09-2010, 07:32 AM
This is not a mint boat as stated, but hopefully the hull is solid. Interesting project?

Link; http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=320572348795&ih=011&category=31270#v4-37

lars
08-09-2010, 07:54 AM
Really like this for the money, but boat seem to be done, so not much of a challenge for You Eugene.

Link; http://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/classic-offshore/233707-26-martini.html

Eugene Nahemow
08-09-2010, 01:46 PM
This is not a mint boat as stated, but hopefully the hull is solid. Interesting project?
Link; http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=320572348795&ih=011&category=31270#v4-37

Okay now you've gone and done it! :mad: :D

It looks as if there is no room for a bench seat in the back though.

Eugene Nahemow
08-09-2010, 01:49 PM
Really like this for the money, but boat seem to be done, so not much of a challenge for You Eugene.
Link; http://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/classic-offshore/233707-26-martini.html

I looked at that one. It is too big and I also am always leary about blower or supercharged motors that I haven't done or know who did them.

I am still going to keep my sights on something thats 24' or less.
There was a time when I thought that the extra two or three feet didn't make a difference but that is not the case.

Eugene Nahemow
08-09-2010, 02:02 PM

And again coudln't be any further away from me.:bonk:
Lets find something in Nova Scotia or Prince Edward Islands.

lars
08-09-2010, 03:09 PM
Sooner or later she will show and We all know that distance has no meaning

when love comes into play my friend. We've all been there :smileybo:

Eugene Nahemow
08-09-2010, 05:55 PM
Sooner or later she will show and We all know that distance has no meaning
when love comes into play my friend. We've all been there :smileybo:

Haven't you heard of the term geographically undesirable?:yes:

lars
08-09-2010, 09:20 PM
I thought the whole idea was to buy love this time again and then go on a shopping spree to make her presentable enough to keep around the house for some time :pimp:

Greg Guimond
08-09-2010, 09:53 PM
Eugene,
I have been down the road you are about to travel. The goal for me was NOT to arrive at 24' and to have a true cuddy cabin for the kids. I felt that being under 24' just made everything a bit easier all around and there was limited downside. After more then a year looking, the options were

1. Warlock 23XRI-spoke to many owners and each was very happy. Most of the hulls Carter built came with B3 drives and 454MagMPI which stock was 65MPH even with the 24 degree deadrise. I know of two clean closed decks for sale currently.
2. Carerra 238-not many were built and it offered a very deep cabin and freeboard.
3. Sonic 24-not really a 24 and ironically a pop of a Donzi hull. HUGE cuddy but mostly built for twin wackers.

Those are the ONLY hulls that measure < 24' tip to transom. You want "the look" which is tough to get. My Warlock 23 Offshore wacker has the look but once you go to I/O you loose all that space. I ended up giving up and buying an Ultra 23XS with an 18 degree hull and small pad. Less then 24' is really tough to find, the above 3 are the only options, annoying as it may be.

k01harley
01-27-2011, 03:27 PM
24' Superboat,on New York,craigslist,in your price range.Looks clean?

Eugene Nahemow
01-28-2011, 01:39 AM
Where in NY?
Thanks

Greg Guimond
01-28-2011, 06:22 AM
How about an Excalibur 24 ?

1980 Excalibur 24' foot with 454 with 400hp TRS Drive,
New Interior.
Runs great hull is orignal with finished cabin.
Trailer Aluminum
Boat is currently in indoor storage.
Please call Paul 631-786-2536 or 516-543-4474

maddad
01-28-2011, 09:25 AM
This 24' Superboat is on L.I. but needs a lot of work. The upside is when it's done, it'll be a wavecrushing 24'er with a cuddy.
http://longisland.craigslist.org/boa/2138470352.html

Greg Guimond
01-28-2011, 08:09 PM
Or here is another 24' option .........and freshwater use

$9,500

Description:
Local Arizona Fresh Water Boat!!!! Very Clean! 1988 Concord Magnum III 23"ft Power Boat, Great Running OMC 460cui Big Block King Cobra with only 220 hours, Nice Cuddy Cabin with bench seating, Very Good Condition Inside and Out, This is a rare find in great condition, recently serviced and only needs batteries to be lake ready!!!! Only $9500.00!!! Please email for more information and please send your contact information.......

480-835-9134 (ask for "AARON"