PDA

View Full Version : Illinois Donzi rally ?????

THEDONZ33
07-12-2010, 10:56 AM
Is there any interest in a get together on the Chain-O-Lakes (Fox River Chain) northern Illinois ??

Perhaps over the Labor Day weekend ??

Schaf
07-14-2010, 09:02 AM
I would be interested. Do you think labor day weekend would be too busy?

04 22 Classic

mrfixxall
07-14-2010, 09:13 AM
I would think it would be to busy and trying to get people their with a ss prop would scar them away..if they don't know where they are going they might get stuck in the shallow waters...you and me probably know the area but others ?? i have been boating their for over 25 years and know every nook and cranny of the waters...For those that are planning on going stay between the buoys and you wont have any troubles..

Where do you plan on having the meet?? I'm in for it..

THEDONZ33
07-14-2010, 12:50 PM
I would think it would be to busy and trying to get people their with a ss prop would scar them away..if they don't know where they are going they might get stuck in the shallow waters...you and me probably know the area but others ?? i have been boating their for over 25 years and know every nook and cranny of the waters...For those that are planning on going stay between the buoys and you wont have any troubles..

Where do you plan on having the meet?? I'm in for it..

At this point I just wanted to see what the interest would be. I thought one or two places that would have enough open pier space would be "Thirsty Turtle" and "Bald Knob" Then perhaps we could raft off on the sand bar between Cathrine and Chanel lake. Then There is always "The Sand Bar" on Lake Marie For hang out out as well for lunch and drinks. Another option if enough interest, might be a cook out/ BBQ at Buaskie's. I can talk to Brice about the BBQ option since he has a ramp and enough property for that. Just looking for thoughts and what kind of interest there might be.