PDA

View Full Version : Wanted Morse side mount shifter

New2Donzi
07-11-2010, 10:07 PM
Does anyone have a good morse side mount like similar to the one attached?
Or better yet,are the gears for these old shifters spared, if so does any one have a source where I could get replacement gears to repair my shifter.
Mine is right hand drive but I think these can be adapted for either side??
Cheers Ed

bertsboat
07-12-2010, 04:28 PM
This is a brand new one. It was mounted to a side mount outboard shifter. Just search moorse every day and one will come up, I promise.

New2Donzi
07-13-2010, 07:33 AM
Beartboats,
That is exactly what I'm looking for!!
I will keep trying Ebay but thought someone on the board may have one lying arround....Thx Ed

bertsboat
07-13-2010, 08:19 AM
I was promised help on getting one of these with a member here but he never came through. I gave up trying to contact him. The one I bought was inside a side mount outboard shifter. You have to look hard to see the part you are after. It is incorporated into another part. I will keep an eye out for you and if I see one I will private message you. OK?

New2Donzi
07-23-2010, 09:02 PM
Found a used one on Ebay for $35. a little wear but way better than mine.
Was able to combine the best parts from both and it seem fine, plan to install it tomorrow and try again. Still trying to get this project working properly - very frustrating! My concern is by the time I get it finally right there be no water left as the river is extremely low.
Hopefully get a good run in tomorrow...Cheers Ed