PDA

View Full Version : Trailer Tires....

dr
07-06-2010, 12:57 PM
I need to replace the ST215/75 D14 tires on my trailer for my 1995 Sweet 16….I did a search of old threads on here and that only left me more confused and with a headache…
So I’ll ask…
Is there a clear cut preference for my needs (sweet 16) RE belt vs. radial
Number of belts or other factors
Brand names
Best place to purchase on line…
Thanks in advance for any information
David

mrfixxall
07-06-2010, 01:30 PM
I need to replace the ST215/75 D14 tires on my trailer for my 1995 Sweet 16….I did a search of old threads on here and that only left me more confused and with a headache…
So I’ll ask…
Is there a clear cut preference for my needs (sweet 16) RE belt vs. radial
Number of belts or other factors
Brand names
Best place to purchase on line…
Thanks in advance for any information
David

Radials are nice but they don't last as long as a bias ply..always get the highest ply rating and run them 5lbs below the max air pressure rating and you will get years of trouble free service..

oledawg
07-06-2010, 03:41 PM
Discount Tire online, Carlise ( sp? ) work great and the price is good. I have bought 6 in the past three months for a couple of my trailers. :wink:

Team Jefe
07-08-2010, 08:20 AM
Well, let me just say......... Actually, Nope, gonna stay outta this one. If you've looked at the previous threads, you've seen my opinion already.

Cuda
07-08-2010, 10:06 AM
Discount Tire online, Carlise ( sp? ) work great and the price is good. I have bought 6 in the past three months for a couple of my trailers. :wink:
There was a class action suit against Carlile a few years back.

MOP
07-08-2010, 08:13 PM
The difference in rolling force between radials and bias ply is almost startling, I could hardly move my 16 around the driveway with bias plies but it was a breeze with radials. I do not believe that bias will out live radials, the carcass allows for more forgiving motion in turns. Bias seem to scrub way more then radials.

Phil

Cuda
07-12-2010, 12:42 PM
I had a triple axle trailer under my Formula. I can't remember what tires were on it, but the center tire would catch hell when backing it in a tight turn.