PDA

View Full Version : ask me ?

abdulla
07-06-2010, 12:01 AM
Can I use the donzi 22 classic in open sea ? I am very interested in this boat, but is this boat strong on the waves?

With all due respect to all........

Carl C
07-06-2010, 06:25 AM
As long as you remember that it is a 22' boat and realize it's limitations, yes. I crush rough water on the Great Lakes all the time.

mattyboy
07-06-2010, 08:07 AM
the 22 is a very capable boat, but the term open ocean??? how open??
does the body of water have a tendancy to kick up suddenly and if it does how big does it get.?? If I ran miles offshore on a daily basis I would be looking at a bigger boat. a donzi doral 24 or a pantera 24-28 or cig 28 if I wanted a true deep vee or a 27ZR if I wanted a stepped hull.

Planetwarmer
07-06-2010, 11:57 AM
Its a popular boat in the Bahamas and the Keys, but I doubt you will find too many in the Grand Banks.

It is a 22' boat with a relatively low free board. It is not an ocean liner, but it handles rough water better than most boats its size.

In the open ocean, you may want more than 1 motor too (ie 43ZR with staggard trips!!:pimp:).

zelatore
07-06-2010, 02:11 PM
Its a popular boat in the Bahamas and the Keys, but I doubt you will find too many in the Grand Banks.

Great line. And it sums it up pretty well.

In the open ocean, you may want more than 1 motor too (ie 43ZR with staggard trips!!:pimp:).

yeah, it's a safety thing! 'honey, I'd be happy with that little 22, but we really need to consider the 43 - after all, think of the children!'