PDA

View Full Version : Zodiac enquiry.........?

fogducker III
07-03-2010, 10:29 PM
So I just picked up a 10' Zodiac with an electric motor for my son to fish the local small lakes, great condition and good price at $600cdn.

Question, how the hell do I remove the floor panels??? Do I need to deflate the boat or....? Thanks for any input....:)

wannabe
07-03-2010, 10:46 PM
Yes, you need to deflate and remove the side rails if there are any. It is even more fun putting together the first time. You have to put the two or three front sections in and put the back two in and push down without breaking the plastic slats. I deflate and tear down mine as little as possible. Good luck:shocking:

fogducker III
07-04-2010, 12:11 AM
Yes, you need to deflate and remove the side rails if there are any. It is even more fun putting together the first time. You have to put the two or three front sections in and put the back two in and push down without breaking the plastic slats. I deflate and tear down mine as little as possible. Good luck:shocking:

Thanks, I think I understand, but the slats are aluminium and screwed down front and rear...........bow and stern I mean...........:wink:

MOP
07-04-2010, 07:05 AM
Surprised the slats are screwed down, I also had the aluminum ones but not screwed down. Tell him that if by chance a strong wind comes up by surprise it is all but impossible to head into it with low power, I had to back toward the wind to get back to my cove years ago there was no way to keep the nose into the wind. Was a soaker ended up pulling he plug having take so much water over the transom, going from the original 2hp to a 4hp and a 6 gal tank secured in the bow made a ton of difference then it became a boat instead of a kite.

fogducker III
07-04-2010, 09:14 AM
Surprised the slats are screwed down, I also had the aluminum ones but not screwed down. Tell him that if by chance a strong wind comes up by surprise it is all but impossible to head into it with low power, I had to back toward the wind to get back to my cove years ago there was no way to keep the nose into the wind. Was a soaker ended up pulling he plug having take so much water over the transom, going from the original 2hp to a 4hp and a 6 gal tank secured in the bow made a ton of difference then it became a boat instead of a kite.

Thanks MOP, my son just turned 13 and has been on boats since he was 6 months old....the VERY small local lakes we fish on rarely see any weather that would "fly" a 10' inflatable......the electric 46lb thrust motor is only so he can troll a little, most small fishing lakes here do not allow gas engines..........so back to the floor panels, I stand corrected, the triangle bow piece is not fastened down but the stern one is screwed to a plate on the transom, so I assume I deflate and remove each section from the bow to aft...?

wannabe
07-04-2010, 11:18 AM
We have a 9.9 hp. outboard and with my 100 lb. kid it rocks !

wannabe
07-04-2010, 11:38 AM
Thanks MOP, my son just turned 13 and has been on boats since he was 6 months old....the VERY small local lakes we fish on rarely see any weather that would "fly" a 10' inflatable......the electric 46lb thrust motor is only so he can troll a little, most small fishing lakes here do not allow gas engines..........so back to the floor panels, I stand corrected, the triangle bow piece is not fastened down but the stern one is screwed to a plate on the transom, so I assume I deflate and remove each section from the bow to aft...?
It looks like you have four sections of floor(mine has five), I install my first three from the bow as one unit and then the two aft pieces as one unit and then the fun starts as you lift the two units to join together at the middle of the boat. Push down to snap the floor flat. After this is done the stabilizing slats that run length wise are installed. I have a little trailer to save from doing this all the time.