PDA

View Full Version : Follow up thread to "Need opinion on boat sale"

larry9901
07-03-2010, 08:49 PM
Hello,

Well as I stated in my last post to the thread "Need opinion on boat sale" I mentioned that I would post once the boat is running again.

Well, all I have to say is this boat ***king ROCKS! I am very very surprised with the performance. It is a runner now!

I managed to get a nice set of HP500 heads for a reasonable price. And,the steering is fixed. I was puzzled why it was not discovered earlier. It was just the power steering pump that failed:boggled::cool!:

The boat now rides and runs strong, very strong. With good heads and now proper valve lash it probably runs better than it has in a very long time!!:)

I have two questions I was wondering if anyone could help answer.

1) I am looking for a nice billet type shifter. Can you point me to some sources for this? Something that works well on these boats.

2) Any other reasonable priced sources for replacement windshields? Possibly someone in Michigan or the Midwest area.

Thanks for the time!
Larry

http://priuschat.com/forums/members/larry9901-albums-cabin-filter-picture4456-fixed.jpg

fogducker III
07-03-2010, 09:31 PM
Nice job Larry........:wink:

For a shifter try Livorsi (expensive) or Dana, there are others out there like Teleflex..........basically with controls you get what you pay for.......

Instead of a windshield, buy some good motorcycle or ski goggles...:yes:

Donzi Vol
07-03-2010, 10:03 PM
Glad to hear that she's running well. Seems to be running the way that I remember a few months ago when I took a ride in FL.

fogducker III
07-03-2010, 10:24 PM
With the look of the internals of the engine it was lucky to be running at that point....:wink:

Carl C
07-04-2010, 06:47 AM
Well that's good news! I'm glad it only needed the head work. The aluminum fairings are showing up more and more and my boat came from the factory with one. Since you don't look through the windshield anyway I would go that route. You can paint it to match the boat. Here is mine.

You can also see the "wind-aways" and how they are almost invisible from a distance.

This pic is at Put-in-Bay. It must have been low tide ;) .