PDA

View Full Version : Exhaust tips are on!

fasttrucker
07-03-2010, 08:21 PM
Took off the mufflers and put on these hardin marine 316 stainless angled tips with internal flappers.They take a slip in silencer(didnt buy).Now I sound great.

Planetwarmer
07-05-2010, 01:17 AM
Is it much louder than it was?

fasttrucker
07-05-2010, 07:07 AM
Is it much louder than it was?
Yes,I took off the muffflers donzi put on.The stock 496ho exhaust manifolds are a lot different then the old 502 exhaust manifolds.

The Hedgehog
07-06-2010, 04:31 PM
I am glad to see you pimpin her out. Nice.

Looks like a lot of fun. Keep up the good work.

oledawg
07-06-2010, 05:06 PM
I have the 10" Hardin straight edge with internal flappers, and I did buy the slip in baffles.......used them about two weeks......just didn't have that "Donzi bark", took them out in 5 minutes and can put them back if needed. Nice pipes, get a lot of positive comments on them..... :cool!:

22times2
07-06-2010, 06:03 PM
I changed my stock exhaust mufflers with straight through tips with internal flappers but i am hearing a rattling at idle and may cut out the internal flappers and reinstall the external rubber flappers it is quite noisey is yours.thanks mike.

oledawg
07-06-2010, 06:12 PM
Uhhhh, yasss with pretty much totally straight pipes it sounds like NASCAR pit row at idle........actually at cruz to WOT I don't think that it is hugely different with the baffles or without.....and in any case I have NO complaints on my lake.......most folks love the old race car sound......and I am very careful not to be obnoxious near shore or the marinas, save most of the good stuff for the run up the middle of the river! :wink: