PDA

View Full Version : 1965 Donzi/Thunderbird Classic

Phil Parker
07-03-2010, 08:27 AM
This boat is titled as a Thunderbird and was built at the Formula plant in Miami which Don Aronow sold to Thunderbird in 1964. Aronow moved across the street and started Donzi. He took the original wooden model of the Jr. , shortened it, then started building it as a Donzi 16. This is probably one of the first built and is sure to appreciate in value.

I have owned this boat for 9 years and completely restored it. Am selling because I want a new toy and have no more garage space. A partial list of my restoration work is:

1) Ford 289 engine rebuilt with Edelbrock aluminum heads, intake, carb, and cam, M.S.D. ignition, 300+ H.P. with low hours -- runs great.

2) All new controls, cables, hoses, etc.

3) Alpha outdrives rebuilt prior to purchase with stainless prop.

4) Stringers rebuilt and epoxied. Deck was rebuilt prior to purchase.

5) Bright red paint with few stress cracks visible.

6) All new gauges, wiring, 2 sump pumps, stainless steel trim tabs, 32 gallon aluminum fuel tank, M.S.D. ignition.

7) Cockpit rebuilt with beautiful teak deck, dash, and trim.

8) Custom foldable windshields.

9) 5-Star trailer is like new, used for about 200 miles from new.

Note: This boat is listed on EBay (reserve set at $10,000)....see our ad for more pictures or email pparker07@comcast.net.

fogducker III
07-03-2010, 09:05 AM
:popcorn:

CaribouLou
07-03-2010, 01:57 PM
:spongebob:

LKSD
07-04-2010, 12:13 PM
This boat is titled as a Thunderbird and was built at the Formula plant in Miami which Don Aronow sold to Thunderbird in 1964. Aronow moved across the street and started Donzi. He took the original wooden model of the Jr. , shortened it, then started building it as a Donzi 16. This is probably one of the first built and is sure to appreciate in value.

I have owned this boat for 9 years and completely restored it. Am selling because I want a new toy and have no more garage space. A partial list of my restoration work is:

1) Ford 289 engine rebuilt with Edelbrock aluminum heads, intake, carb, and cam, M.S.D. ignition, 300+ H.P. with low hours -- runs great.

2) All new controls, cables, hoses, etc.

3) Alpha outdrives rebuilt prior to purchase with stainless prop.

4) Stringers rebuilt and epoxied. Deck was rebuilt prior to purchase.

5) Bright red paint with few stress cracks visible.

6) All new gauges, wiring, 2 sump pumps, stainless steel trim tabs, 32 gallon aluminum fuel tank, M.S.D. ignition.

7) Cockpit rebuilt with beautiful teak deck, dash, and trim.

8) Custom foldable windshields.

9) 5-Star trailer is like new, used for about 200 miles from new.

Note: This boat is listed on EBay (reserve set at $10,000)....see our ad for more pictures or email pparker07@comcast.net.

Unfortunately you have or have been given some misinformation & The boat has been changed quite a bit from what could make it more valuable & allow it to do any appreciation at this point..

You may want to do a little more research on it before publicizing at it currently is.. You may also want to search the internet on things like: Formula Jr boats, The History of Don Aronow, Wynne Mill boats, 16' Ski sporter, vintage Donzi boats, etc....

Please understand that I'm not bashing you or your boat, I am just trying to politely give you a few tips.. It has the makings of being a good boat for someone, but will need work to turn it around for it to be viewed from a collectible standpoint...

;) J