PDA

View Full Version : Hey guys, I'm back!

DonziFreak
07-01-2010, 03:10 PM
How ya guys doing? Feels like it's been forever since I've been active here! I just wanted to pop in and say hi to everyone, and also announce that I'm going to actualy start the resto on my '67 18'! Finaly got a good job and some good time, so it should be interesting!

(Btw, I stated the resto in hopes of people bugging me so bad about it that it maintains the current fire under my butt to get it done! haha....)

Just Say N20
07-01-2010, 04:03 PM
Welcome back.

Post lots of project progress pictures!

Cuda
07-01-2010, 07:36 PM
It's almost like you were never gone.:)

onesubdrvr
07-01-2010, 07:40 PM
Carlos,...

Just remember, don't take any shortcuts,...

Remove the deck and do it right,... mine as well do the transom, stringers and hull repair while you're in there, and I'm sure the engine could use a little refreshening too ;)

(that way maybe I can finish ahead of you) lol

Wayne

DonziFreak
07-01-2010, 08:04 PM
You're right Wayne....I think I should also replace both fuel tanks, re-gelcoat the entire hull, replace the bunks on the trailer, swap out all the hardware on the boat....and heck, while I'm at it, I should just do a entire new steering system and gauge cluster!

Or maybe I could just do the deck and interior like it needs?.....hmmm....decisions decisions! :confused::nilly::confused:

By the way, how's the screaming chicken doin? Any progress? lol

Oh, and HI CUDA! Great to see ya again! (figuratively of course!)

onesubdrvr
07-01-2010, 08:09 PM
You're right Wayne....I think I should also replace both fuel tanks, re-gelcoat the entire hull, replace the bunks on the trailer, swap out all the hardware on the boat....and heck, while I'm at it, I should just do a entire new steering system and gauge cluster!

Or maybe I could just do the deck and interior like it needs?.....hmmm....decisions decisions! :confused::nilly::confused:

By the way, how's the screaming chicken doin? Any progress? lol

Oh, and HI CUDA! Great to see ya again! (figuratively of course!)
Progressing slowly,....

I have all the hardware off, deck is off and disposed of, transom is prepped for new, but have to glass the holes first.

Bulkheads are removed and ground down, ready for new

Stringers coming out early next week, and the new should be ready to go in the following week - I just need to bring it into the garage before I start the glass work.

So, it's slow, but it is at least moving right now

Talk to you soon
Wayne