PDA

View Full Version : 'Pure Michigan' ad...Lake St. Clair

Tony
06-29-2010, 10:11 PM
Michigan has a new tourist campaign going on, using a "Pure Michigan" theme.
This ad was apparently rejected...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dulwjktZ1BI

:)

jl1962
06-30-2010, 05:38 AM
Pretty good. I'm just glad the Mallard wasn't run down by a "Donzi-type boat"!

-Jay

Carl C
06-30-2010, 06:36 AM
I remember seeing fish flies a foot deep around light poles near the lake when I was a kid. The black flies get really bad too sometimes. There is always a can of "off" on my boat!

Rootsy
06-30-2010, 08:24 AM
Grew up about 5 miles from the Western basin of Lake Erie... Mayflies as we'd call them would make buildings and light poles appear as though they had fur in the mornings during the swarms. Nasty smelling when they all died and began to decompose...

Too bad they didn't add the bombing aspect of the seagull to the video... Nasty rats with wings...

Sweet Cheekz
06-30-2010, 09:01 AM
Few years back put my boat in at a ramp in Monroe and while getting gas right near there I couldn't read how many gallons pumped because of all the dead mayflies on the pump. Never saw that before Nasty
Parnell

Rootsy
06-30-2010, 02:06 PM
Few years back put my boat in at a ramp in Monroe and while getting gas right near there I couldn't read how many gallons pumped because of all the dead mayflies on the pump. Never saw that before Nasty
Parnell

Boles Harbor or River Raisin?

Sweet Cheekz
06-30-2010, 03:08 PM
Really nice one just south, I think, of the power plant

Cuda
06-30-2010, 05:00 PM
Both weeks of summer?

mike o
06-30-2010, 08:08 PM
Both weeks of summer?So frigging hot and humid down there (FL) in summer that if your air conditioner breaks down. Folks throw everything out of the refrigerator and put a chair in there and sit in it. With a bag of ice on their head. Until the repair man shows up.:cool::cool::cool:...................:cool!:

CHACHI
07-01-2010, 06:17 AM
Mike, I heard that in New Hampshire in the winter, you leave the refrigerator door open to heat the house.

Ken

zelatore
07-01-2010, 11:06 AM
:popcorn:
this could be good....

Just Say N20
07-01-2010, 11:39 AM
.... Yeah!?

Well your mom is so fat. . . . .

Cuda
07-01-2010, 12:02 PM
So frigging hot and humid down there (FL) in summer that if your air conditioner breaks down. Folks throw everything out of the refrigerator and put a chair in there and sit in it. With a bag of ice on their head. Until the repair man shows up.:cool::cool::cool:...................:cool!:
It's hotter in Tennesee and Boston than it is here. I just had a girl drive here from Boston, and she had me turn the a/c warmer. I shut it off every morning and turn it back on about 3 pm. My house is shaded in the morning and the evening, the only time the house gets hot is when the sun is about directly overhead. It snowed here in Jan or Feb.

Opening your refridgerator won't cool your house down. The fridge takes heat and passes it to the house. It only drops x amount of degreees when it passes over the coils. If you open the fridge, you are cooling the same air over and over and it will never get cool.

Cuda
07-01-2010, 12:03 PM
.... Yeah!?
Well your mom is so fat. . . . .
Your mom is so fat, she jumped up in the air and got stuck.

Cuda
07-01-2010, 12:04 PM
Your mom is so fat, when she broke her leg, gravy ran out.

mike o
07-01-2010, 07:44 PM
this could be good....All the fog horns in SF Bay must drive people crazy.........:bonk:...........:kingme:

Ranman
07-01-2010, 10:21 PM
Your mom is so fat I tried to drive around her but ran out of gas.

realbold
07-01-2010, 10:36 PM
Both weeks of summer?
Those who don't have a clue open their mouths and remove all doubt.
I'll take a week of fishflys over noseeums and all the other nasty bugs down there any day.

mike o
07-02-2010, 06:53 AM
Seriously. Ive seen the state of MI ad on the TV hear In NH. Its actually quite a nice piece of marketing. States spend millions on getting folks to visit and spend their hard earned cash. We are all into boating, So since NH just passed a 45 MPH speed lint on our largest 28 mile lake on Winni, It kinda ticks me off, especially since my 02 C will do around 70.:kingme: If I was to go on a boating va-ca for 2-3 week, I was just wondering where Id go......... Its has to be hot, and clean water. Miami - Biscayne Bay and the Keys, and Powell are on my dream list......:crossfing:. I would like to make it Mi some day. I did make to the 1000 Islands last summer, pretty special place.............:cool!:

Sweet Cheekz
07-02-2010, 07:33 AM
Both weeks of summer?

Yeah right Last year we didn't get our whole two weeks

Carl C
07-02-2010, 08:38 AM
We are making up for it this year. We were on Lake Michigan in mid April. Last year my first time out was mid June. It will be 90* F in Michigan this Sunday & Monday. Yay :)

Cuda
07-02-2010, 09:48 AM
Those who don't have a clue open their mouths and remove all doubt.
I'll take a week of fishflys over noseeums and all the other nasty bugs down there any day.
Have you ever lived in Florida? I lived in the snow county in Oregon for three years, I much prefer the heat. I was born in the Phillipines and my lips were blue by the time we got to Hawaii. I ain't built for the cold. I've drove to Minnesota in February when I was 22. I stayed one night, and caught a flight back to Florida the next day. That weather is not fit for human consumption.

Cuda
07-02-2010, 09:49 AM
Seriously. Ive seen the state of MI ad on the TV hear In NH. Its actually quite a nice piece of marketing. States spend millions on getting folks to visit and spend their hard earned cash. We are all into boating, So since NH just passed a 45 MPH speed lint on our largest 28 mile lake on Winni, It kinda ticks me off, especially since my 02 C will do around 70.:kingme: If I was to go on a boating va-ca for 2-3 week, I was just wondering where Id go......... Its has to be hot, and clean water. Miami - Biscayne Bay and the Keys, and Powell are on my dream list......:crossfing:. I would like to make it Mi some day. I did make to the 1000 Islands last summer, pretty special place.............:cool!:
We don't worry about snakes in Florida, the gators keep them run off.

Cuda
07-02-2010, 09:51 AM
We are making up for it this year. We were on Lake Michigan in mid April. Last year my first time out was mid June. It will be 90* F in Michigan this Sunday & Monday. Yay :)

In 2001, we were swimming in the gulf on March 9th. It has never in history reached 100 degrees in St Pete.

Cuda
07-02-2010, 09:53 AM
Your mom's so fat she's the kind of woman you'd rather jump over than walk around her.

mike o
07-02-2010, 09:55 AM
Have you ever lived in Florida? I lived in the snow county in Oregon for three years, I much prefer the heat. I was born in the Phillipines and my lips were blue by the time we got to Hawaii. I ain't built for the cold. I've drove to Minnesota in February when I was 22. I stayed one night, and caught a flight back to Florida the next day. That weather is not fit for human consumption.Well just remember Joe you might fall in love this weekend and be moving to Boston soon........:kingme: We can go snowmobiling.:kingme:

Carl C
07-02-2010, 10:31 AM
In 2001, we were swimming in the gulf on March 9th. It has never in history reached 100 degrees in St Pete.

Kind of slick in the Gulf these days isn't it? :(

Ghost
07-02-2010, 10:39 AM

Uh-oh, Carl has gone and played the spill card...

Rootsy
07-02-2010, 02:09 PM
Really nice one just south, I think, of the power plant

Next exit South of the River Raisin would be Bolles Harbor. You have the DNR launch there which is pretty nice...

Cuda
07-03-2010, 08:59 AM
Well just remember Joe you might fall in love this weekend and be moving to Boston soon........:kingme: We can go snowmobiling.:kingme:
I doubt it. I think she is coming to my family reunion next weekend in St Pete.

Cuda
07-03-2010, 10:43 AM
It's rough almost every afternoon when the t storms hit. You could just about set your watch to them. 5 o'clock everyday. It's about the same way here on the edge of the Ocala National Forest.

Cuda
07-03-2010, 10:48 AM
If you are refering to the oil slick, it hit part of Pensacola, but hasn't touched most of Florida . Remember, Florida has more coast line than any other state. Two of my cousins from Arkansas are down in Mobile helping with clean up. We are hoping they make the family reunion next weekend. They are doing it as volunteers though their church.

Carl C
07-03-2010, 12:10 PM
If you are refering to the oil slick, it hit part of Pensacola, but hasn't touched most of Florida . Remember, Florida has more coast line than any other state. Two of my cousins from Arkansas are down in Mobile helping with clean up. We are hoping they make the family reunion next weekend. They are doing it as volunteers though their church.

Yeah, I was referring to that but not meaning to joke about it. That oil will end up somewhere and there is a whole lot of it.

Tony
07-03-2010, 09:34 PM
Remember, Florida has more coast line than any other state.

Actually, Alaska is first with 6,640 shoreline miles.
Michigan is second with 3,288 miles.
Florida may be third...

Cuda
07-04-2010, 06:27 PM
Actually, Alaska is first with 6,640 shoreline miles.
Michigan is second with 3,288 miles.
Florida may be third...
Ok, the most unfrozen shoreline.

Cuda
07-04-2010, 06:41 PM
Yeah, I was referring to that but not meaning to joke about it. That oil will end up somewhere and there is a whole lot of it.
If you did't mean to joke about it, why bring it up?
Everyone in this country knows about the oil leak.