PDA

View Full Version : 100 mph 22c on ebay a scam?

Okie2
06-28-2010, 04:21 PM
Anyone know the boat? Aniv. edition yellow...claims 100 mph? Legit or scam? Scott
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Donzi-22-6-Classic-complete-custom-890-hp-100-MPH-/330445941748?cmd=ViewItem&pt=Power_Motorboats&hash=item4cf01cebf4

JeffH
06-28-2010, 04:50 PM
I think we have seen this one before...

BUIZILLA
06-28-2010, 05:03 PM
it's the real deal

it's not a scam...

it runs what they say, on squeeze.. :shocking:

1996Z15
06-28-2010, 05:13 PM
Man that is a pretty boat; I just hope whoever buys it is experienced and not just some rich guy looking for a fast boat. I have a feeling an inexperienced boater could get hurt, or hurt someone else, real quick.

mrfixxall
06-28-2010, 05:17 PM
65 k in the motor???? what a bunch of bull chit,,15-20 k tops..It has a plastic timing cover on it which as far as i know that would be a gen 6 block(gm) dart uses a steel cover...that sales man should be fired..

zelatore
06-28-2010, 06:05 PM
65 k in the motor???? what a bunch of bull chit,,15-20 k tops..It has a plastic timing cover on it which as far as i know that would be a gen 6 block(gm) dart uses a steel cover...that sales man should be fired..

I agree with you. Eagle? SRP? Not junk, but they're not super high-dollar parts. And the rigging in that engine bay doesn't exactly say 'no expense spared'.

As for the salesman, most likely he doesn't know squat about the boat other than what the seller told him. How many brokers do you know who sell small boats like this? Still, it would be good if he'd done some research first.

But hey, it's a darn nice looking boat. My favorite color too.

justleft
06-28-2010, 06:53 PM
Nitros, twin bottle, you sure could stay on the juice for a while.

Nice tabs. Allot more then 22K invested.

What is the bottle next to the thermostat housing ?

Scott Pearson
06-28-2010, 07:34 PM
The rigging in the motor compartment looks like a 5 year old did it in his sleep. Man, there are wires every where....what a very poor job. That alone would turn me away from that boat.

fogducker III
06-28-2010, 08:27 PM
Where does he get the 890hp from? Dyno was 704hp....NOS will add over 185hp?

If that is the case, even with two bottles he sure isn't doing 100mph+ for very long and in my opinion, NOS is kinda cheating....:wink:

Nice boat but as Scott points out, the rigging/wiring is basic and the stated upgrades, mods and money spent sound like "Chinese whispers" to me....

mrfixxall
06-28-2010, 10:06 PM
Where does he get the 890hp from? Dyno was 704hp....NOS will add over 185hp?

If that is the case, even with two bottles he sure isn't doing 100mph+ for very long and in my opinion, NOS is kinda cheating....:wink:

Nice boat but as Scott points out, the rigging/wiring is basic and the stated upgrades, mods and money spent sound like "Chinese whispers" to me....

oooooooo boy now the sales man cant add:bonk:
fog that 2 bottle set up will go a long way and yes a plate set up will go over 200 hp with the correct jets and bottle pressure..

that motor should have hell fire rings in it tho, plasma moly rings dont like nos at that hp range..

Just Say N20
06-28-2010, 10:14 PM
Most likely a multi-stage NOS system that will sequentially add hp, up to 400 hp max.

Pictures from the ad, for when the add is gone.

Just Say N20
06-28-2010, 10:17 PM
More pictures.

mrfixxall
06-28-2010, 10:23 PM
Most likely a multi-stage NOS system that will sequentially add hp, up to 400 hp max.

Pictures from the ad, for when the add is gone.

all it has is a plate under the carb..

gcarter
06-28-2010, 10:37 PM
I think this is a boat Wes looked at several years ago.
If it is, it's kept rack mounted, has no trailer, and runs in salt water only.

CaribouLou
06-28-2010, 11:13 PM
still nicer then my boat

LKSD
06-29-2010, 07:52 AM
WOW, I see the rigging. No shrink connectors, no wiring conduit or ties & clips.. With that rats nest in there I guess he had stevie wonder in there doing it...

Also did anyone see the 3/8" merc water separator in there.. That kind of Hp & no 1/2" line & hp filter kit??? Heck I run 1/2 on 450hp stuff for good measure..

Nice boat, but It seems as if they dropped the ball on the smaller details & important things..

J

BUIZILLA
06-29-2010, 08:10 AM
there's more than one fuel pump...

Just Say N20
06-29-2010, 08:44 PM
Looked like there was more than one Nitrous solenoid, which is why I think it is a staged system.

BlownCrewCab
06-29-2010, 09:06 PM
Is the shifter Really just laying in the bilge.....Really????

mrfixxall
06-29-2010, 10:10 PM
Looked like there was more than one Nitrous solenoid, which is why I think it is a staged system.

when using NOS their are 2 solenoid's,,one feeds the nos through the plate under the carberator through tiny holes that are drilled into a tube and the other feeds fuel through the plate under the carberator through tiny holes that are drilled into a tube.

off each solenoid theirs a steel braided line and where it attaches to the plate is where you put a jet,one for fuel and one for nos..the bigger the jet the more hp but you have to be careful,if theirs any dead nos in the line it will pop and blow the hatch off..using nos you have to be at a minimum of 3000 rpms,you cant hit the button at idle or to low of a rpm's or it will pop and do some damage to your throttle blades and so on.. its always good to rum more fuel then nos,to much nos and it will peal the ringlands off the pistons.
:0

Carl C
06-30-2010, 06:44 AM
You can't hold the N2O on for long periods or the solenoid can freeze open. I had it happen once (not on a boat). Thank goodness it didn't damage the motor. And, yeah, a plate system can add 200 hp. The wiring could be cleaned up easy enough. That would be the least of my concerns. What drive is on the boat?

BUIZILLA
06-30-2010, 06:55 AM
Is the shifter Really just laying in the bilge.....Really???? no, it is fastened by two bolts you see in the pic supported underneath by a bracket that is barely visible... i'm tellin ya, this thing RUNS... it was a work in progress, several steps, wouldn't take much to tidy up, but it hauls a$$... I am tight personal friends with the guy that did the nitrous and tuneup, he's in a wheelchair, he builds dragster chassis, but he drives his own Top Alchohol Dragster that competes nationally, and he is a multi year Moroso track champion... prolly the smartest NO2 guy I have ever met..

mrfixxall
06-30-2010, 08:25 AM
You can't hold the N2O on for long periods or the solenoid can freeze open. I had it happen once (not on a boat). Thank goodness it didn't damage the motor. And, yeah, a plate system can add 200 hp. The wiring could be cleaned up easy enough. That would be the least of my concerns. What drive is on the boat?

ditto! you must have had either dead nos with air in the system or too much bottle pressure. its always good to purge the system after changing the bottle..

Carl C
06-30-2010, 09:21 AM
ditto! you must have had either dead nos with air in the system or too much bottle pressure. its always good to purge the system after changing the bottle..

It was on my Banshee quad which I would drag race. I was running it hard and the nitrous solenoid froze up. It was covered in frost! Don't know how I didn't melt a piston. Those little jap 2 strokes can take a beating.

Personally I don't see using N2O on a recreational boat. Do you prop it for the engine or for the juice? Also it's only good for short bursts. Even if you kept the solenoid warm you will empty those two tanks fast. I don't consider it "cheating" though unless you are in a sanctioned race where it is not allowed. I have a small plate system on my '82 Mustang GT. Juice is a lot of fun.

BlownCrewCab
06-30-2010, 09:58 AM
no, it is fastened by two bolts you see in the pic supported underneath by a bracket that is barely visible... i'm tellin ya, this thing RUNS... it was a work in progress, several steps, wouldn't take much to tidy up, but it hauls a$$... I am tight personal friends with the guy that did the nitrous and tuneup, he's in a wheelchair, he builds dragster chassis, but he drives his own Top Alchohol Dragster that competes nationally, and he is a multi year Moroso track champion... prolly the smartest NO2 guy I have ever met..

Okay, I see it now. If you say it is what it is then it must be something special, Your Credibility is Good :)

BUIZILLA
06-30-2010, 10:18 AM
the last engine deal I recommended didn't work out so well for the buyer due entirely to some seller sloppiness and unattentitive dealings (but, I, apparently, got blamed for it..:bonk:), so in any case it's always buyer beware to do due diligence... this boat owner is a VERY high profile multi-restaurant-bar owner in Stuart, owns more than one boat, boats on weekdays only, and the tuneup guy's wife was my grandmothers personal assistant for years... real good people..

mrfixxall
06-30-2010, 01:20 PM
It was on my Banshee quad which I would drag race. I was running it hard and the nitrous solenoid froze up. It was covered in frost! Don't know how I didn't melt a piston. Those little jap 2 strokes can take a beating.

Personally I don't see using N2O on a recreational boat. Do you prop it for the engine or for the juice? Also it's only good for short bursts. Even if you kept the solenoid warm you will empty those two tanks fast. I don't consider it "cheating" though unless you are in a sanctioned race where it is not allowed. I have a small plate system on my '82 Mustang GT. Juice is a lot of fun.

i had the same set up on my banshee, i hat a extended swing arm on mine.like 3 foot :) with the short wheel base and when i would hit the nos it would either brake the chain or almost flip over..that was in my younger days when my balls were bigger..then i blew it up!! then sold it to a friend.

i took the nos off my boat, i got to squirrely when you hit the button,,i have a special (26 ultra) prop that i used for it with allot of cup in it,with the labbed 24 ultra it would brake the prop loose when i hit it..mike was all self contained, had a separate 2 gal fuel cell with 116 nos fuel and a separate electric fuel pump and regulator..armed it with one switch,purged it through the motor and i was ready to rock..