PDA

View Full Version : Official Eufaula 12 - 2010 Labor Day Donzi Event

Forrest
06-28-2010, 11:07 AM
Once again the members of SEADOGs will be presenting the longest running Donzi event in the South: Eufaula Number 12 over this up-coming Labor Day Weekend.
Don't miss this opportunity to bring your Donzi to the great event located on beautiful Lake Eufaula (officially Lake Walter F. George (http://www.sam.usace.army.mil/op/rec/wfg/)) and meet with your good old friends and family and make new friend, but most of all have a great time on this beautiful 84 mile long lake.
WHEN: Arrive Friday afternoon/evening, September 3, leave Monday, September 6, 2010.
WHERE: Like last year, this year's the event will be headquartered at George T. Bagby State Park and Resort (http://www.georgetbagby.com/) located on the Georgia Sideof the Lake on GA39 just North of Fort Gains, GA. Please reserve you room now to be sure that you don't miss out on the fun!

As always, we look forward to seeing you there. This is a great event for all those on a budget. The rooms at the lodge are not expensive, restaurants are not expensive, no ramp fees, no event registration fees, however, modest contributions are accepted to help defray the costs for the cookouts . . . and remember, any of Don's boats, as well as all past and new attendees are always welcome for a great time.
Also, please let us know, if you are going to attend this great tradition. If you are not sure at this time, just go ahead and book a room a the Lodge anyway, you can always cancel up to a couple of days in advance with no loss of funds. But in any case, please let me know if you plan to attend, and how many are in your party.

BigGrizzly
06-29-2010, 02:31 PM
Well room is booked and I should be ready.

Budmann
06-29-2010, 06:02 PM
Hoping to make this event!!! Motor is coming along nicely!! Just dropped off a bunch of parts (exaust risers,pullys etc. at the powder coating shop!! Gonna try and make the motor look as clean lookin as possible!!

Grizz... might have you bring a couple props to try. Will let you know what I'm turning when she goes to the water!!

Bud n Denese

BigGrizzly
06-29-2010, 09:32 PM
WE can do that.

JustMercMe
07-01-2010, 02:00 PM
We'll be there as usual.....Gonna try to get the lil Minx to come back with us this year too.:crossfing:

Budmann
07-16-2010, 05:04 PM
Well, looks like accomadations are scarce!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:frown::frown::frown::frown: :

JustMercMe
07-20-2010, 08:48 AM
Well, looks like accomadations are scarce!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:frown::frown::frown::frown: :

The lodge is full? Might try something in Abbeville....It's gonna be pretty close to Bagby.

Forrest
07-20-2010, 10:58 AM
. . . or maybe Lakepoint Resort, north of Eufaula, AL.

http://www.alapark.com/lakepointresort/

I know some of us are already booked at Bagby. Since both Bagby and Lakepoint have liberal cancelation policys, I know that many people will book at Bagby or Lakepoint and then figure out their vacation plans later. When they find out they want to do something different or can't make it, they cancel a week or so in advance and don't lose any deposit money.

All I can say is to keep checking back to see if something comes available. If it turns out to be anything like last year, if should be a blast!

BigGrizzly
08-12-2010, 09:01 AM
I have an issue that I cannot postpone. So am going to have to bail out on this.

LadyGrizz
08-13-2010, 10:48 AM
I have an issue that I cannot postpone. So am going to have to bail out on this.

Maybe, maybe not. We really won't know until the week before.

Forrest
08-13-2010, 06:53 PM
Hope all is well and you guys can make it after all. It sure won't be the same without the Griz family.

BigGrizzly
08-14-2010, 09:18 AM
me too

BigGrizzly
08-17-2010, 09:05 AM
at this point we are still in.

BigGrizzly
08-26-2010, 09:13 AM
We are out. too much to do before my procedure

Forrest
08-26-2010, 10:32 PM
:frown: All our best to you Randy. We'll miss you this year.

Mr X
08-27-2010, 09:50 AM
Just cancelled our room too. Mom's been very sick and we can't get away now.

Emmo
08-31-2010, 10:00 PM
I am broke, the grab rail on my 18 just came apart, but I can motor down in the Miata Sunday and have dinner. Forrest, can you email the address for my GPS? I think I can find it but it doesn't hurt to have help. Is it OK to come down for the dinner?

Forrest
09-01-2010, 08:06 AM
Emmo, since it looks like virtually no one is attending this year due to lack of rooms early on as well as other issues, we probably won't do the dinner this time. It looks like it going to be a quiet Eufaula this labor day - but that's OK. I'm not all that well prepared this year myself. We will have to see how it goes for next year.