PDA

View Full Version : '86 Z-25 Fuel Filler Cap Replacement

alanczar
06-26-2010, 09:29 PM
I've searched locally for a replacement fuel cap for my '86 Z-25, and nobody carries a cap this big (~2.25" filler opening). Was the original a Perko part? If anybody has found a replacement cap that will thread on to the original filler, please post the manufacturer and part number if available.

Thanks!

LKSD
06-27-2010, 07:48 AM
We offer many different parts.

I tracked one down a while back, but it was expensive to order for what A cap only I thought should be. If you are interested in it feel free to call me during the week.

Jamie / Lakeside Restorations 570-639-2628

Donzigo
06-27-2010, 06:46 PM
If you call Perko, they will make one for you for a price.

alanczar
06-27-2010, 09:24 PM
If you call Perko, they will make one for you for a price.

Donzigo,
That's good information. So I take it their standard 2" replacement cap won't fit the stock filler? I'm lazy enough to try and avoid having to pull out the entire deck fill and replace it if its possible to just screw in a new cap. I have no idea how the original cap unscrewed itself and jumped into Lake Washington! At least some fool didn't drop it in the water at the fuel dock!

If anybody knows of a company making a replacement that will fit, it might be worthwhile to post the information in a reply so other idiots like myself can save face by just searching the archives!

Donzigo
06-28-2010, 04:26 PM
Nope.....that's the only one.