PDA

View Full Version : fast classics at lake george

Fast22classic
06-23-2010, 07:04 PM
How fast do the top 5 donzis usually go at the spring dustoff?

boxy
06-23-2010, 07:08 PM
45 mph.....

mattyboy
06-23-2010, 07:18 PM
even have some 45 mph 18s and 16s too.

we did have a 90 mph hornet but that was well south of lake george, somewhere near mahwah or ho-ho-kus ;)

Fast22classic
06-23-2010, 07:25 PM
Is there any donzi that go faster than 90 mph that go to the dustoff.

mattyboy
06-23-2010, 07:31 PM
no all the classics at the dustoff are 45 mph boats

Fast22classic
06-23-2010, 07:43 PM
The videos look like they are fast than 45 mph!

mattyboy
06-23-2010, 08:00 PM
nope gps speedo on pace boat 45 mph that's it

Fast22classic
06-23-2010, 08:06 PM
ok thanks alot.

Carl C
06-23-2010, 08:17 PM
ok thanks alot.

It's true. 45mph boats. You have to understand.............

Fast22classic
06-23-2010, 08:49 PM
Carl do you go to the dustoff? I heard you have an 86mph boat.

Just Say N20
06-23-2010, 08:59 PM
You see, Lake George, like many of the lakes in the Adirondacks, has a 45 mph speed limit during the day, and Donzi owners, being law abiding, conscientious boaters, would most certainly not exceed the limit and violate the law.

So most of the boats at the Dustoff are 45 mph boats. :wink:

RedDog
06-23-2010, 09:08 PM
I think Fast22Classic is working a sting operation to nail those who may have exceeded the legal limits....

PS - all the fast 22s usually show up at AOTH

Carl C
06-23-2010, 09:11 PM
Carl do you go to the dustoff? I heard you have an 86mph boat.

I didn't go but was supposed to. Funny thing, it must be the altitude or the water or something but it only goes 45 on Lake George :(.

Fast22classic
06-23-2010, 09:36 PM
I just recently got a 22 donzi and was wondering what AOTH is because i would like to run mine against other 22 classics.

RedDog
06-23-2010, 10:06 PM
AOTH - Awakening of the Horses. Going on for 10 years the weekend before Memorial Day at Lake Cumberland, KY. A can't miss event.

Speed limits do not apply. I'm slow in my 22 at 70. Speed doesn't matter - it's about the people, friends, and continued relationships - but then I only run 70ish.................

Check the events section of this board for more info

RedDog
06-23-2010, 10:11 PM
PS - egos at AOTH are not considered cool. Don't come and think you are going to spank someone - big egos are not appreciated and there will always be someone else who will spank you. And safety is always paramount. No F'ing around

thehow33
06-23-2010, 11:28 PM
PS - egos at AOTH are not considered cool. Don't come and think you are going to spank someone - big egos are not appreciated and there will always be someone else who will spank you. And safety is always paramount. No F'ing around

It was great time!!! Alot of really nice people in one place sure help make it that way.

Scott Pearson
06-24-2010, 04:35 AM
I thought this was a Lake George Thread?

jl1962
06-24-2010, 05:16 AM
45 MILES per hour???

I thought it was 45 Kilometers/hour.........no wonder I was so slow..........

Just wait till next year!

:wink:

JL

boxy
06-24-2010, 07:06 AM
45 MILES per hour???

I thought it was 45 Kilometers/hour.........no wonder I was so slow..........

Just wait till next year!

:wink:

JL

No, we were moving at 45 km/h...... :boat:

Carl C
06-24-2010, 07:13 AM
I just recently got a 22 donzi and was wondering what AOTH is because i would like to run mine against other 22 classics.

I see you are in Michigan. Where? I boat on Lakes St. Clair, Erie and Huron often. Parnell is planning to bring his boat, which should be much faster than mine, to Lake St. Clair July 5th, Monday. The more the merrier. There is no speed limit one mile or more off-shore on these waters.

RedDog
06-24-2010, 07:20 AM
I thought this was a Lake George Thread?

The post was about fast Donzis - that doesn't apply to Lake George

mattyboy
06-24-2010, 07:44 AM
The post was about fast Donzis - that doesn't apply to Lake George

yup no fast classics there just stock ones :yes:

Carl C
06-26-2010, 09:59 AM
I have never been to Lake George because it is my understanding that all boats in attendance adhere to the 45 mph speed limit or face the wrath of Mattyboy and Scott P. I prefer to go a little faster. These guys have utmost respect for this lake and it's rules.:yes:

BigGrizzly
06-27-2010, 09:53 AM
OK, the truth is,fast Donzi that all the Donzis have governors and senators to regulate the top speeds and are not ajustable.

Fast22classic
06-27-2010, 10:58 AM
I see you are in Michigan. Where? I boat on Lakes St. Clair, Erie and Huron often. Parnell is planning to bring his boat, which should be much faster than mine, to Lake St. Clair July 5th, Monday. The more the merrier. There is no speed limit one mile or more off-shore on these waters.

I live in waterford

Carl C
06-27-2010, 11:00 AM
I live in waterford

I am in Waterford too! North of Lake Oakland. If you really have a 22C and want to hit the big water let me know. Right now no one knows if you have a hidden agenda against the LGDCC or not!

Fast22classic
06-27-2010, 12:51 PM
I am in Waterford too! North of Lake Oakland. If you really have a 22C and want to hit the big water let me know. Right now no one knows if you have a hidden agenda against the LGDCC or not!

Yeah let me know when your going and you can count me in!

Sweet Cheekz
06-27-2010, 01:18 PM
How about Monday the 5th of July? Carl I have a freind with a 22 coming with me for a tour of Lake St Clair and the detroit river if you can still give us one. Perhaps we can get a few more for a little run
Parnell

Carl C
06-27-2010, 01:21 PM
Yeah let me know when your going and you can count me in!

I'm a week-day boater. Weather permitting, we'll be putting in Lake St. Clair Monday July 5th. I will be on Lake Oakland tomorrow strictly abiding by the 55 mph speed limit ;). Call me. 248-330-0048

Fast22classic
06-27-2010, 01:35 PM
I'm a week-day boater. Weather permitting, we'll be putting in Lake St. Clair Monday July 5th. I will be on Lake Oakland tomorrow strictly abiding by the 55 mph speed limit ;). Call me. 248-330-0048

I will let you know about July 5th.

DonziJon
06-27-2010, 06:28 PM
A few years ago I was at Lake George with my 60 MPH Minx. I was not with any group. I was coming back to Bolton Landing from a very nice restaurant just north of Lake George Village. It started to Rain ..and look very ominous in the sky. I opened it up to the Legal Limit of 45 and the throttle got stuck and I was doing..........55....BUT only for a very short time. We got back to the cabin and nobody said Chit. We didn't get wet either. :wink: :wink:

mattyboy
06-28-2010, 09:11 AM
I have never been to Lake George because it is my understanding that all boats in attendance adhere to the 45 mph speed limit or face the wrath of Mattyboy and Scott P. I prefer to go a little faster. These guys have utmost respect for this lake and it's rules.:yes:

gotta love when someone that has not been within 500 miles of the event or the people that run it and can tell you all about the event and the people that run it???

wrath???? WTF like we( Scott and I ) brow beat everyone in attendance?? We try and make everyone's stay on the lake as enjoyable as possible. The establishments we use seem to bend over backwards for us, wether it is opening early for us or securing dock space and other facilities on their own dime. Every organized event has safety rules

we take safety above all else, we enjoy each other's company that's why we may not draw the biggest crowds but we do draw a loyal crowd. They know that from the guy with the blinged out super HP classic to the family of 4 who have just gotten their grandfathers 40 yr 16 skisporter are going to travel the lake together as a group in the safety of numbers.

This year when all was said and done.

We got feedback from the Lake Patrol that they have enjoyed "us" over the last 15 years, and look forward to having us on the lake in the future as responsible,safe, power boaters.

Then at the awards ceremony when asked for feedback from our members, if we should change anything or if anything needed to be addressed, WE get a resounding NO it is clear that the people who attend come back year after year and like it the way it is! the first timers make reservation before they leave for the next year so we must be doing something right. Oh way it must be our wrath

there are alot of events now, each has it own personality and it own "limitations" wether it be water conditions, geography, weather, economic cost or time of the year.
Each person has to make the decision to attend and not attend based on those criteria.

Carl you want to come or not come that is your choice, all i asked is before you go giving expert opinion or casting dispursions on the people that run it. expierence it first !!!!! then give your expert opinion . Meet the people then give your opinion on them.

I wish I was more eliquent like justsayn20 but he really summed it up in his post.( a few back)

"we" and mean not only donzi classic or donzi owners but all high performance boaters are under attack. where ever we can get good press it helps. The club feels that the 2 events we run help the cause so to speak. Norm Dascher and the people at performance marine did a great job this year with running the queens boating weekend. So good press does help us all. Obiviously we have made a good impression on the lake patrol and the commission, they have said so. we intend to keep it that way.

I am just getting tired of this crap, why do you have such a problem with our adhereing to NY state law and our safety regulations?? why are you not bitching about the other runs or events safety regs?? seems to me some of the other long time events have speed limits too???

Matthew w Veth
Lake George Donzi Classic Club

donzi28zxscorpion
06-28-2010, 09:12 AM
Hi there Mr X

I have a 28ZX Scorpion package only change was some nice headers and now running 27 3 blades mirage plus . I bought the boat last yr it runs low 80's on gps . The boat came with the props turning inward and ran 80 at 4950 rpm . The boat felt a little loose at speeds over 75 and started chine walking . A good friend of mine who has a lot more experience with high perf boats told me that my props should turn out and that I had to much stern lift. I recently switched props and test ran it it went just as fast and the rpms seemed higher like 5300 with it spinning out. I am looking for the best handing and safest ride at that speed. What is your advise on rotation ect.... I also thought the boat didn't get on plane as good with them spinning out now . The boat seems to like at least a 1/2 to 3/4 tank of fuel also. chine seems less with all the weight . How did the boat come factory with the rotation !! Thanks for any advise

undertaker
06-28-2010, 09:47 AM
Hi there Mr X

I have a 28ZX Scorpion package only change was some nice headers and now running 27 3 blades mirage plus . I bought the boat last yr it runs low 80's on gps . The boat came with the props turning inward and ran 80 at 4950 rpm . The boat felt a little loose at speeds over 75 and started chine walking . A good friend of mine who has a lot more experience with high perf boats told me that my props should turn out and that I had to much stern lift. I recently switched props and test ran it it went just as fast and the rpms seemed higher like 5300 with it spinning out. I am looking for the best handing and safest ride at that speed. What is your advise on rotation ect.... I also thought the boat didn't get on plane as good with them spinning out now . The boat seems to like at least a 1/2 to 3/4 tank of fuel also. chine seems less with all the weight . How did the boat come factory with the rotation !! Thanks for any advise

Dude I think you posted on the wrong thread...ya might wanna delete it and start a new one.....

Undertaker:cool!:

undertaker
06-28-2010, 09:52 AM
gotta love when someone that has not been within 500 miles of the event or the people that run it and can tell you all about the event and the people that run it???

wrath???? WTF like we( Scott and I ) brow beat everyone in attendance?? We try and make everyone's stay on the lake as enjoyable as possible. The establishments we use seem to bend over backwards for us, wether it is opening early for us or securing dock space and other facilities on their own dime. Every organized event has safety rules

we take safety above all else, we enjoy each other's company that's why we may not draw the biggest crowds but we do draw a loyal crowd. They know that from the guy with the blinged out super HP classic to the family of 4 who have just gotten their grandfathers 40 yr 16 skisporter are going to travel the lake together as a group in the safety of numbers.

We got feedback from the Lake Patrol that they have enjoyed "us" over the last 15 years, and look forward to having us on the lake in the future as responsible,safe, power boaters.

Then at the awards ceremony when asked for feedback from our members, if we should change anything or if anything needed to be addressed, WE get a resounding NO it is clear that the people who attend come back year after year and like it the way it is! the first timers make reservation before they leave for the next year so we must be doing something right. Oh way it must be our wrath

there are alot of events now, each has it own personality and it own "limitations" wether it be water conditions, geography, weather, economic cost or time of the year.
Each person has to make the decision to attend and not attend based on those criteria.

Carl you want to come or not come that is your choice, all i asked is before you go giving expert opinion or casting dispursions on the people that run it. expierence it first !!!!! then give your expert opinion . Meet the people then give your opinion on them.

I wish I was more eliquent like justsayn20 but he really summed it up in his post.( a few back)

"we" and mean not only donzi classic or donzi owners but all high performance boaters are under attack. where ever we can get good press it helps. The club feels that the 2 events we run help the cause so to speak. Norm Dascher and the people at performance marine did a great job this year with running the queens boating weekend. So good press does help us all. Obiviously we have made a good impression on the lake patrol and the commission, they have said so. we intend to keep it that way.

I am just getting tired of this crap, why do you have such a problem with our adhereing to NY state law and our safety regulations?? why are you not bitching about the other runs or events safety regs?? seems to me some of the other long time events have speed limits too???

Matthew w Veth

Well said Matty.....:yes::yes::yes:

This is a awesome event...its not always about the boats its more about the great people who attend this event that keeps me comin back....I have attended my share of events all over the east coast and this one is my favorite...see ya next year and in the fall...:yes::cool!:

Undertaker:pimp:

PS Carl think before you post......:cool:

boxy
06-28-2010, 10:21 AM
Well said Matty....

There's a reason why I got up at 3:45 AM Saturday morning to drive to LG for one day on the Lake.... the people that run it, and attend it.

undertaker
06-28-2010, 10:25 AM
However these two guys are bad arse...:wink::yes::):pimp::nilly::boggled::convert ib:

Carl C
06-28-2010, 10:39 AM

Matthew w Veth

F**k it! That is really screwed up. How can you take a post that was so obviously stranding up for you and twist it into something negative. Sheeeeesh.............

Scott Pearson
06-28-2010, 11:44 AM
Well said Matty.

Its amazing the bull**** that flys around here. No wonder most all of the great people have left. I just dont get it. Things never change here. So many people throwing stones who have never ran an event and think they can always do better. Ahhhhhh f**k it.....this place is really starting to suck worse.

cutwater
06-28-2010, 12:32 PM
Guys, today was the first time I've even opened this thread, but even before I read all these ridiculous responses, I thought Carl was paying you guys a compliment.

CONTEXT!!!

1. Smiley face at the end
2. "These guys have utmost respect for the lake and it's rules." How is this negative??
3. "face the wrath" - obvious hyperbole
4. He has "never been to Lake George." The ONLY thing he claims to know is the 45mph speed limit, which has been stated in just about EVERY POST IN THIS THREAD by multiple members... I have never been to this event either, but I'm pretty confident just from reading this thread that the 45mph limit is well known.

Sheesh guys, chill out! AFAIK, every event this community of Donzi lovers puts on has a great reputation. You all do a great job. No need to be defensive. :chillpill:

Carl C
06-28-2010, 04:16 PM
Cutwater, thanks. Of course it was a compliment and a statement that the LGDCC respect the lake's rules. For the life of me I don't see how that post could have been taken as an insult. WOW. Even Scott Pearson is on my case now. I was throwing stones?????Unbelievable.:confused::shocking::eek:: bonk::confused::confused::confused::confused::conf used::confused::confused::confused::confused::conf used::confused::confused::confused::confused::conf used::confused::confused::confused:

Just got in from a great day on the water BTW. Time to hit the shower.....

mattyboy
06-28-2010, 08:15 PM
sorry but

they do a great job, throw a great event would be a compliment

facing their wrath is a derogatory statement with out a smiley face . yes a smiley face not a yes face or I would even take the razz face directly after it as hyberbole.

White Nuckles
07-07-2010, 12:07 AM
As I have a Z21 I go but don't enter the events at the L.G. Dustoff. I have been hooked on Donzi's ever since 1967 or 68 when Randy, "Big Grizzly" took me for my first Donzi ride. Seeing all those Donzi's in one place is great as is seeing my old friend Randy. Its a well run fun event. Thank you for your hard work. Randy and Barb, thanks for the ride in the Critter. That was the fastest I've been to 45 MPH twice ! One of the 8 yr old twins thinks you and Barb ROCK!! The other boy still has nightmares. LOL. Looking forward to next year.

Cuda
07-07-2010, 09:26 AM
Cutwater, thanks. Of course it was a compliment and a statement that the LGDCC respect the lake's rules. For the life of me I don't see how that post could have been taken as an insult. WOW. Even Scott Pearson is on my case now. I was throwing stones?????Unbelievable.:confused::shocking::eek:: bonk::confused::confused::confused::confused::conf used::confused::confused::confused::confused::conf used::confused::confused::confused::confused::conf used::confused::confused::confused:

Just got in from a great day on the water BTW. Time to hit the shower.....
Don't speak of things you have never been to.
I've been to several Donzi events all over the state of Florida. The Hometown Rally was the best I've been to when it was in Sarasota where Donzi's are built, thus the Hometown Rally moniker. There were Donzi's from all over the US there. When they tried moving it to Destin, it was the end of an era. At every rally I've been to, it has never been about how fast your boat was, it was always the comraderie of being around people with the same interest, that being Donzi's. I met one of my best friends, Catch 22 at a hometown event. He called me this morning. He, Gina, Catch Sr, and Jimmy's mom are some of the best people you'll ever meet, and we met because of our mutual love of Donzi's.

cutwater
07-07-2010, 09:54 AM
Don't speak of things you have never been to.
I've been to several Donzi events all over the state of Florida. The Hometown Rally was the best I've been to when it was in Sarasota where Donzi's are built, thus the Hometown Rally moniker. There were Donzi's from all over the US there. When they tried moving it to Destin, it was the end of an era. At every rally I've been to, it has never been about how fast your boat was, it was always the comraderie of being around people with the same interest, that being Donzi's. I met one of my best friends, Catch 22 at a hometown event. He called me this morning. He, Gina, Catch Sr, and Jimmy's mom are some of the best people you'll ever meet, and we met because of our mutual love of Donzi's.

??????? Did you even read the previous posts? I think you're preaching to an empty congregation :bonk:

FlatRacer, aka BarrelBack
07-13-2010, 01:27 PM
This is why I've cut WAAAAY back on posting my own stupid assed opinions on internet forums. So much gets misunderstood then the insults start flying based on what someone THINKS somebody else "meant" to say.
What what is Mom always said? "If you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything". Maybe that's why I'm so quiet.

Anyway, please chill out people. Yes, speed limits suck, but we're not going to defeat them by breaking their law and proving their point for them. Scott and Matty run a good SOCIAL event. You wanna go fast? Do it somewhere else, or at some other time. Don't jepoardize everyone else's good time because you want to show off. Lake George isn't the place to go fast anyway, too choppy. Try Champlain, an interstate lake w/o speed limits and much less snotty water (usually). You'll only have to deal with the Coast Guard and decibel limits (depending on which side of the border you're on. I know VT has dB limits, but no speed limits).

Wanna go really fast? Buy a real raceboat and do it properly, in the presence of the proper safety personnel and using the proper safety equipment. My flat will do an honest 110 MPH, but long gone are the days when I'd "test" in the lake without trained personnel standing by to fish my ass out of the drink and revive me should something go awry. I've heard too many horror stories and even lost some friends because they did their thing at the wrong venue.

That's it. Rant over.
Eric

jl1962
07-13-2010, 07:46 PM
Hi Eric-

Long time. Thanks for posting. I too am more of a "light a candle, rather than curse the darkness type". You playing much? Hope to see you at the picnic in September.

-Jay

FlatRacer, aka BarrelBack
07-13-2010, 09:33 PM
Hey, Jay. Yeah, it was a gig that kept me from the spring dustoff again this year. I hope to make it to the fall picnic, though.

Eric

Cuda
07-13-2010, 09:42 PM
??????? Did you even read the previous posts? I think you're preaching to an empty congregation :bonk:
Yes I read the entire thread, and Carl has no business posting about an event he has never been close to.

Btw, who died and left you in charge?