PDA

View Full Version : Sweet 16 Power increase what do you think?

THEDONZ33
06-23-2010, 01:34 PM
I have a Sweet 16 with a stock 350 -Alpha drive, I am Looking increase Hp to between 400-450hp either by working my motor over or replacing with a 383 scorpion stroker
the problem is out drive options
considering
Arneson (full or bravo conversion)
Bravo XR Spotrmaster
Alhpha SS
any thoughts ????

VetteLT193
06-23-2010, 01:39 PM
look up "younger" here on the registry. his is up there in power, has a blackhawk drive.

younger
06-23-2010, 08:56 PM
As far as cost a good 375- 400hp 350sbc is th way to go. As far as drive bolt on a bravo I for a reliable 70 mph boat. The only draw back to the bh is it is not for skiing or playing. It is for fast cruising and high speed running. The combo I run is to much motor for the 16. It works great for what I do.

Sweet Cheekz
06-24-2010, 09:17 AM
Alpha ss really runs great Not sure how much speed loss for a bravo over the ss Significant I would guess
Parnell

younger
06-24-2010, 01:17 PM
If you want to get crazy build a 427sbc aluminum top end. Run the compliment of perf. hardware, roller valve train, headers, etc. Hook that to an arenson conversion because the bh has been done. The arenson would be different. Run the prop on the surface. Start the engine, point the boat in a safe direction and vaperize everything in sight.

THEDONZ33
06-24-2010, 10:05 PM
If you want to get crazy build a 427sbc aluminum top end. Run the compliment of perf. hardware, roller valve train, headers, etc. Hook that to an arenson conversion because the bh has been done. The arenson would be different. Run the prop on the surface. Start the engine, point the boat in a safe direction and vaperize everything in sight.

That might be a bit to much wrench time for me....I dont mind wrench time to work over motor but once its done I am looking for reliability and think would prefer an EFI in the end over a carb'd motor.
Decisions, decisions !!!!!
But I really do like how you think

MOP
06-25-2010, 05:14 AM
Mate your 400+ to one of these http://www.donzi.net/forums/showthread.php?t=62422 with a bit of a raised X, you will go faster than a Bravo and have a bullet proof package. Not only will it be bullet proof it will not chine walk one iota, it will handle similar to Youngers boat but end up being a better all around package not just dedicated to top end. Dou prop setups are the most stable of all at high speed.