PDA

View Full Version : Largest Clovis

Conquistador_del_mar
06-22-2010, 01:22 PM
I am an arrowhead collector with an extensive collection of pieces found primarily in the Midwest. A couple weeks ago I went to the annual Texas Show in Temple, Texas which has some of the best pieces ever found in North America. As soon as I walked in, a local doctor and collector friend of mine told me to check out the piece on a table behind his display. I thought some of you might enjoy seeing the largest and best Clovis style point ever found in North America by a man in Kentucky 3 months ago. This is a St. Louis style Clovis that is 9 3/4" long. Clovis is the oldest style point in North America. I was honored by the finder showing it to me out of his case after he recognized some of my pieces from his area. Rumor has it that he turned down an offer of $250,000 at the show. So far, it has been authenticated by two of the best authenticators in the US. Bill

Cuda
06-22-2010, 08:21 PM
There are quite a few Indian artifacts found on the St John's River. A guy found an arrowhead that had a hole drilled in it. He says wherever you find high ground near the river, you'll find artifacts. He walks in the mud and sand and feels them with his feet.

farmer tx
06-22-2010, 09:30 PM
Wow Bill that thing is HUGE!!:shocking:

Conquistador_del_mar
06-23-2010, 02:33 AM
There are quite a few Indian artifacts found on the St John's River. A guy found an arrowhead that had a hole drilled in it. He says wherever you find high ground near the river, you'll find artifacts. He walks in the mud and sand and feels them with his feet.

I bought a few pieces from a man about 20 years ago who used a machete to find arrowheads and dinosaur bones in the Suwanee river in Florida. He could tell by the sound of the machete when it was being dragged as to what he had found before digging it up.

Conquistador_del_mar
06-23-2010, 02:36 AM
Wow Bill that thing is HUGE!!:shocking:

Hi Mark,
Yep, it is the best of the best ever found. Here is an article I ran across about his find. Now I don't have to keep his name to myself. By the way, it is likely more in the 12,500 year old range - + or - 1000 years. Bill

http://www.murrayledger.com/articles/2010/06/19/top_story/news01.txt