PDA

View Full Version : 280 E drive

nguber57
06-21-2010, 02:37 PM
Need E gear set or complete lower foot.What the hell its worth a try.THANKS

Conquistador_del_mar
06-21-2010, 06:59 PM
Need E gear set or complete lower foot.What the hell its worth a try.THANKS

Don't give up yet. I might be selling mine after I give it some more thought. Bill

nguber57
06-22-2010, 04:19 PM
ok sounds good. i look forward to hearing back. btw have any pictures of the magnum your restoring? my son and i are also in the process of redoing a 25 magnum sport. if you have any send them to my email, id like to see it. nguber57@yahoo.com

Conquistador_del_mar
08-30-2010, 11:36 AM
ok sounds good. i look forward to hearing back. btw have any pictures of the magnum your restoring? my son and i are also in the process of redoing a 25 magnum sport. if you have any send them to my email, id like to see it. nguber57@yahoo.com

The Magnum is on hold during the hot summer months, but it is under a thread I started in the other boats section called "Choosing between rocks". The speedmaster (E drive) that I have as a backup to my 1971 18' Donzi is the 1.45 ratio by my measurements turning the verticle shaft. I don't have a spare bottom plate with the fin. I might sell you the outdrive if the price was right - the shipping would likely be less than $100. I am in north Texas - where do you live? I also have 4 other E drive lower feet - some with gear sets with varying problems. You might be able to make a good lower foot with them, but you might want to come look for yourself if you could drive here. Bill