PDA

View Full Version : Some stuff I need for the 18

Donzi Vol
06-19-2010, 08:58 PM
Well the 18 is coming along quite nicely in the way of getting everything working consistantly. Many thanks to BlownCrewCab! I am lacking a few things, though. I have checked at West Marine, but apparently their special order contacts can't figure out my 40 year old H&M motor.

The gauges all work, but I'm needing some sending units. Anybody have a line on a water temperature sender and/or an oil pressure sender? I also need a fuel sender, but I would like to rig up the gauge under the deck plate (which is just before the ski locker on the floor of the cockpit). I've seen several old Classics that have a glass plate in this location, right above the fuel sender and a gauge below it. It looks pretty cool and I would like to get that set-up if possible. Otherwise, I'll just get a new sender and hook it up to the existing gauge.

As always, any help is much appreciated.

Thanks,
David

penbroke
06-19-2010, 11:54 PM
I replaced my water temp sender at the local auto parts store. Should be able to get the oil pressure sender there as well.

I have "heard" that the combo sight/electric sender is no longer available but have not checked...

Frank

Donzi Vol
06-20-2010, 12:04 AM
Cool. I'll run by the auto parts store tomorrow. Thanks man!

BUIZILLA
06-20-2010, 06:19 AM
what brand gauges and sweep * pattern?

Donzi Vol
06-20-2010, 09:09 PM
what brand gauges and sweep * pattern?

They're Teleflex (I assume the originals 'cause they look really old). What is the sweep pattern? Pardon my ignorance on this one.

BlownCrewCab
06-20-2010, 09:17 PM
What is the sweep pattern?

The amount of Degrees that the Needle travels from min to max, yours are approx 120's, the new fancy ones are 270's....

Donzi Vol
06-20-2010, 09:31 PM
The amount of Degrees that the Needle travels from min to max, yours are approx 120's, the new fancy ones are 270's....

Hmmm...new fancy ones...

By the way Mike, I put a new switch in for the outdrive tilt today and it works beautifully. I also successfully replaced the light switch. Two more off the list!