PDA

View Full Version : Thru Hull Exhaust Question For 4.3 V6

E.Utter
06-17-2010, 12:28 AM
I am picking up the 95 Sweet 16 on Monday that was posted for sale a few weeks back in Georigia, white with teal green stripe. I have been exploring thru hull exhaust for the 4.3 Mercruiser and would welcome any guidance with regards to resources for the parts and the two options I have found, Corsa or Mercruiser option called silent choice. Many thanks in advance and have found this website and the members super helpful!

axelkloehn
06-17-2010, 02:38 AM
There are already some threads around here about 4.3 V6 thru hull exhaust. Use the "search" function, you should find something. Different opinions about the sound...

The Hedgehog
06-17-2010, 07:35 AM
What Axel said.

Been there and done that. Idles like a big block but sounds airplane-ish on plane. Most that don't know what it is seem to like it. I'd do it again. Some would not.

The cheap way costs about $250 in parts. All you need are tips and hose. You can plug the y-pipe. You can always convert it to silent choice later by adding diverters. I added silent choice after the fact to my X-18 with a 383 later. It was not a big deal either.

If you have an OMC drive (I don't remember the exact end of that era), you will have to modify one of the tips to get around the steering.

E.Utter
06-17-2010, 08:25 PM
Really appreciate it!

joseph m. hahnl
11-19-2010, 09:20 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1KMnQ4ue9LA

John C in PA
11-19-2010, 11:49 AM
I am picking up the 95 Sweet 16 on Monday that was posted for sale a few weeks back in Georigia, white with teal green stripe. I have been exploring thru hull exhaust for the 4.3 Mercruiser and would welcome any guidance with regards to resources for the parts and the two options I have found, Corsa or Mercruiser option called silent choice. Many thanks in advance and have found this website and the members super helpful!

Hey! I saw your boat on a broker listing and spoke with him a few times. As I was preparing to drive to North Carolina and Georgia with a pocketful of cash the Georgia broker called to tell me the 16 was sold. Nice looking boat. So I drove to NC anyway and bought a '92 Sweet 16 with a teal hull and white top/teal stripe. Actually this was closer to what I wanted since it has an 8 cylinder motor.

You may want to talk to Jamie at Lakeside about the thru-hull exhaust. He's buying the parts right now to install thru-hulls on my 16. In my case, he determined that the X dimension was about an inch higher than he expected so a (more or less) standard thru-hull system would have gone thru the rubrail. He figured out a good solution pretty quickly.

BTW: welcome to the site.

John C in PA