PDA

View Full Version : Thru hull fitting, anybody?

Tborisch
06-06-2010, 09:58 PM
Hey,

Looking for a thru hull fitting that matches the stock 1" bilge pump thru hull on a 22 classic.

Anybody know how i can get one?

the closest i have found is the Narrow Flange Attwood piece.

If somebody has a nice new one, I would be interested!

Thanks,
Tom

gcarter
06-06-2010, 10:11 PM
I think I have one or two.
I'll check tomorrow.
You're actually talking about a through gunnel fitting aren't you?
Not something that goes through the bottom.

Tborisch
06-07-2010, 06:03 AM
Hey George,

thanks! And yes, that would be a more accurate name for it.... :)

let me know what you come up with and how much you want for it.

Tom

Carl C
06-07-2010, 07:35 AM
Tom, I removed my "T" fitting and relief valve and plugged my through hull to see what would happen running just the sea strainer. My pressure is now usually around 30-35, rarely over 35. This pressure should be fine with closed cooling. Just the resistance of the sea strainer and not having the water rammed directly from the shorty to the pump reduced the pressure considerably. Now I have an extra through hull on the boat:nilly:. Just another option for you to think about. I might sell the "T" and relief valve if you are interested. I will be out of town for a couple days. You can call me if you want to talk. 248-330-0048

Tborisch
06-07-2010, 07:52 AM
Tom, I removed my "T" fitting and relief valve and plugged my through hull to see what would happen running just the sea strainer. My pressure is now usually around 30-35, rarely over 35. This pressure should be fine with closed cooling. Just the resistance of the sea strainer and not having the water rammed directly from the shorty to the pump reduced the pressure considerably. Now I have an extra through hull on the boat:nilly:. Just another option for you to think about. I might sell the "T" and relief valve if you are interested.

Hey Carl.

Thanks for the lead. I already have that tee and relief valve, but I hooked that valve up to a water source and couldn't get it to consistantly regulate pressure, and some times it wouldn't even close all the way.

I now have the purpose built unit from merc racing. It tests out flawlessly.

I just want my two thru hull fittings to be identical, and the one I got from CP performance looks just like yours. That and the outlet on the merc relief is 1"

Tom

Carl C
06-07-2010, 08:30 AM
Hey Carl.
Thanks for the lead. I already have that tee and relief valve, but I hooked that valve up to a water source and couldn't get it to consistantly regulate pressure, and some times it wouldn't even close all the way.
I now have the purpose built unit from merc racing. It tests out flawlessly.
I just want my two thru hull fittings to be identical, and the one I got from CP performance looks just like yours. That and the outlet on the merc relief is 1"
Tom

OK, gotcha. Any chance of seeing a pic of the merc unit? What is the pressure adj. range? I wasn't seeing enough pressure for the 525 (20-25 psi) with the relief valve and now I don't even need it which is good because it's one less thing to go wrong!

CHACHI
06-13-2010, 07:18 AM
Tom, try looking at Perko for the fitting.

Ken