PDA

View Full Version : bimini top

zxlarry
06-05-2010, 05:15 PM
can anyone recomend a quality bimini top maker for my 28 donzi zx.
thank you all

Cuda
06-05-2010, 08:20 PM
Most folks know how I feel about a bimini top on a performance boat.:frown:

Barry Eller
06-06-2010, 08:22 AM
Most folks know how I feel about a bimini top on a performance boat.:frown:

Yep, we know how you feel about bimini tops on speedboats!:shades:

I have a bimini top and love it. Here is a link to read. Do a search for Bimini Tops and you will find lots of information and OPIONIONS too!
Discussions about bimini tops, type of motor oil, props and sparkplugs always get lots of suggestions!

http://www.donzi.net/forums/showthread.php?t=61435&highlight=bimini+top

VetteLT193
06-07-2010, 07:00 AM
thank you all

I'm considering going the overton's route for my 28. Prices are great. I am still on the fence though.

tmh
06-07-2010, 07:18 AM
I had a local guy make the one for my 18c. It cost $500, which was a little more than Overton's, but custom fit with premium aluminum, Sunbrella premium material, and qaulity quick release fasteners and no work on my part to mess it up.
T.M. Hayes

BUIZILLA
06-07-2010, 08:04 AM
thank you all location?

Cuda
06-07-2010, 12:15 PM
I had a local guy make one out of sunbrella for my fishboat. I already had the hardware. Bimini's on a fishboat is acceptable, but that might explain my alligator skin.

Walt. H.
06-07-2010, 10:48 PM
On a go fast boat or anything that can go above 40 plus mph you'd want s/s tubing not the standard aluminum to limit the flutter & wobble, even though it almost doubles the cost.

VetteLT193
06-08-2010, 06:48 AM
I have had aluminum before and it worked fantastic. But another member here got a new one and said it stunk. I'm thinking the quality overall on any mail order bimini isn't up to the 'old' quality.

HOWARD O
06-08-2010, 05:37 PM
I had a local guy make one out of sunbrella for my fishboat. I already had the hardware. Bimini's on a fishboat is acceptable, but that might explain my alligator skin.

Joe, you once spoke about an anchorshade type deal, only it was nicer and even cheaper. It was some carribean name, can you tell me what it was again?

PS. - your boat is doin' great. Just buffed it up some and did a quicky restore on the trailer.

Sorry about the hijack of the thread!

VetteLT193
06-08-2010, 07:08 PM
Joe, you once spoke about an anchorshade type deal, only it was nicer and even cheaper. It was some carribean name, can you tell me what it was again?
PS. - your boat is doin' great. Just buffed it up some and did a quicky restore on the trailer.

lost bwana. they never keep up with demand though...

http://lostbwana.com/bimini2.htm

Cuda
06-09-2010, 01:52 AM
Lost Bwana shade. I had one for years. :)

HOWARD O
06-09-2010, 12:11 PM
That's the one! Thanks Joe! :yes:

Crap.....says out of stock until 2011! I am going to shoot 'em an email anyways, see what's up. Here's the link if anyone's interested:

VetteLT193
06-09-2010, 02:18 PM
Crap.....says out of stock until 2011! I am going to shoot 'em an email anyways, see what's up. Here's the link if anyone's interested:

I dropped him an email too, said not until next year because of quality issues on the manufacturer side. All well.

Cuda
06-10-2010, 01:28 PM
I carried the same Lost Bwana on my Formula. my Checkmate, and both my Donzis and never had it up once. My buddy had an Anchorshade, and it was a lightweight POS not worth the money or effort. He was fairskinned and his wife is blonde.

brwn234
06-13-2010, 09:35 PM

For about the last year the website has said they'll be available spring 2010. Now it says 2011, I wouldnt hold my breath. I bought an anchor shade over the winter and am not happy with it. Not very stable. I've got a guy giving me a quote for a 6' bimini tomorrow morning. I'll let you know what kinda price he gives me.

FISHIN SUCKS
06-14-2010, 05:59 PM
Here's our idea of a bimini:wink:! Okay, it won't hold up to anything beyond idle speed, but it is perfect for the sandbar and matches the boat. Just got it this weekend at Germanfest, hence the Kostriker beer logo!

VetteLT193
06-14-2010, 08:20 PM
Here's our idea of a bimini:wink:! Okay, it won't hold up to anything beyond idle speed, but it is perfect for the sandbar and matches the boat. Just got it this weekend at Germanfest, hence the Kostriker beer logo!

You are the only guy that I know that can make a freaking umbrella look cool :wink:

FISHIN SUCKS
06-14-2010, 09:15 PM
You are the only guy that I know that can make a freaking umbrella look cool :wink:
LOL......Thanx brutha!!!! We have had a bunch of compliments on it and also a few threats of theft.......people want this thing!

Barry Eller
06-16-2010, 11:46 AM

LOL......Thanx brutha!!!! We have had a bunch of compliments on it and also a few threats of theft.......people want this thing!

I con-cour...it looks marvelous...simply marvelous:pimp::umbrella::yippie::beer: