PDA

View Full Version : Rolling Boat Stands

Andy McCarty
06-04-2010, 11:57 AM
I remember seeing on here someone made boat stand on caster wheels. I cannot locate the thread. Does anyone know who it might have been and if he has plans for them. I have a Century Resorter i woudl like to take off the trailer to start working on it.

Thanks,

Andy

Andy McCarty
06-04-2010, 12:12 PM
Found the Thread...

zelatore
06-05-2010, 02:15 AM
Something like this maybe?

http://www.donzi.net/forums/showthread.php?t=60628&highlight=dollies

(sadly, the boat is still sitting on them:frown:)

Pismo
06-06-2010, 07:17 PM
I remember seeing on here someone made boat stand on caster wheels. I cannot locate the thread. Does anyone know who it might have been and if he has plans for them. I have a Century Resorter i woudl like to take off the trailer to start working on it.

Thanks,

Andy

Is it a glass or wood resorter? The glass ones are not very heavy. Love them both. I am a huge Century fan (pre-Yamaha)

justleft
06-06-2010, 09:04 PM
Nice. Who makes that gantry ?

zelatore
06-07-2010, 06:16 PM
Nice. Who makes that gantry ?

What, you mean the orange paint wasn't a give away? Harbor Frieght all the way! The chain fall is also H-F. I know the stuff is all chinese, but I still shop there when I need heavy shop equipment and don't need top-quality. Stuff like this I figuer they can't mess up too bad, though I'll pass on buying say a set of mics from them.

They offer several, and even had it in-stock at the store when I wanted to pick one up. Check the width against your trailer though - I had to modify mine slightly to gain a couple inches and it still hits the tires on the trailer. I really need about 1-2 inches more, but I'm too lazy to take it back apart and modify it. Besides, drilling through 1/4" plate with a hand drill isn't my idea of fun.