PDA

View Full Version : Hedgehog//corvette i found 4 u

mrfixxall
06-01-2010, 10:17 AM
Bill heres the pics of the corvette i told you about 1971 #'s matching ? BBC 454 auto yadda yadda...$??? under 10k

BUIZILLA
06-01-2010, 10:36 AM
'69 with a 454?

mrfixxall
06-01-2010, 10:51 AM
yes 454 auto ,,couldn't get under the hood(too much crap in the way)..Carb is off it the last time i saw and its been sitting in a heated warehouse for ?? sticker on the plate reads sept 91..

Edit,,,now come to think 1970, ill check later

VetteLT193
06-01-2010, 10:54 AM
see the "egg crate" on the side vents... not a 69

That one is my favorite color though. If it were 4 speed I'd be talking to my wife right now...

Last Real Texan
06-01-2010, 11:32 AM
Most likely at that HP rating a 71....
removable rear window and t top....

Tex

mrfixxall
06-01-2010, 11:33 AM
my bad! just checked with her,its a 1971,,got the years confused with the other one she has which is a red rag top small block car..

The Hedgehog
06-01-2010, 01:58 PM
Actually it is probably a 1970. The 1971 454's were either 365 or 425.

But yes, I am interested.

BUIZILLA
06-01-2010, 02:00 PM
10-4 good buddy...

that has Christina's name allllll over it.. :cool:

The Hedgehog
06-01-2010, 02:12 PM
10-4 good buddy...

that has Christina's name allllll over it.. :cool:

Yep, looking for a little something. The MGB will be leaving and a void will need to be filled. Planning to forgo the CJ and combine them into one toy that we both like. Want to pair down inventory and up the fun.

Toy inventory management. I would imagine that you have to go through that process every once and a while.

CJmike
06-01-2010, 03:15 PM
Need scoop on CJ if your selling.

The Hedgehog
06-01-2010, 04:00 PM
Need scoop on CJ if your selling.

I will give you a shout.

VetteLT193
06-02-2010, 07:13 AM
Yep, looking for a little something. The MGB will be leaving and a void will need to be filled. Planning to forgo the CJ and combine them into one toy that we both like. Want to pair down inventory and up the fun.
Toy inventory management. I would imagine that you have to go through that process every once and a while.

Nothing beats a chrome bumper Vette. Would you do a restore or a resto-mod?

If you go resto-mod, have you seen McSpeed's electric headlight conversion? blows the old vacuum setup away.

The Hedgehog
06-02-2010, 07:27 AM
Nothing beats a chrome bumper Vette. Would you do a restore or a resto-mod?
If you go resto-mod, have you seen McSpeed's electric headlight conversion? blows the old vacuum setup away.

Resto mod. That is why I am not looking for something that is not too expensive. I see lot's of it's orange with matching numbers and 36,000 original miles for $35,000 kind of stuff. That does not really turn me on. I would rather have a car that impresses me when I jump on the gas than go to a show and compare numbers with people.

None the less, I would like to have chrome bumpers and preferably a stick. At some point I could see pulling the engine out and pickeling it while I maybe drop in something more fun. This car peaked my interest because it at least had a big block.

I would like to do a sleeper. Keep it mostly stock looking but beef up the internals and suspension. Maybe have a little fun with it while I get it set up and then drop in some power.

I really like the idea of the electric headlight conversion.

Something tells me that I will probably end up with a 73-74. 73 at least had the rear chrome bumper.

BUIZILLA
06-02-2010, 07:38 AM
Resto mod. That is why I am not looking for something that is not too expensive. I see lot's of it's orange with matching numbers and 36,000 original miles for $35,000 kind of stuff. That does not really turn me on. I would rather have a car that impresses me when I jump on the gas than go to a show and compare numbers with people.

None the less, I would like to have chrome bumpers and preferably a stick. At some point I could see pulling the engine out and pickeling it while I maybe drop in something more fun. This car peaked my interest because it at least had a big block.

I would like to do a sleeper. Keep it mostly stock looking but beef up the internals and suspension. Maybe have a little fun with it while I get it set up and then drop in some power.

I really like the idea of the electric headlight conversion.

Something tells me that I will probably end up with a 73-74. 73 at least had the rear chrome bumper. '73 is a one year only body... ducktail, and swoop front, chrome bumpers... that year with a 454-4 speed is ultra rare... there is a yellow one by me, guy has owned it forever...

VetteLT193
06-02-2010, 07:49 AM
The difference in price, as I am sure you well know, is amazing if you bump up to 1974.

google McSpeed headlight and you'll find the guy who makes them. Just an enthusiast with some of the baddest resto rods out there IMO.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Chevrolet-Corvette-CORVETTE-1974-CHEVROLET-CORVETTE-STINGRAY-454-CV8-_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQhashZitem255aee79ebQQitemZ16043 9368171QQptZUSQ5fCarsQ5fTrucks

The Hedgehog
06-02-2010, 10:51 AM
The difference in price, as I am sure you well know, is amazing if you bump up to 1974.
google McSpeed headlight and you'll find the guy who makes them. Just an enthusiast with some of the baddest resto rods out there IMO.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Chevrolet-Corvette-CORVETTE-1974-CHEVROLET-CORVETTE-STINGRAY-454-CV8-_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQhashZitem255aee79ebQQitemZ16043 9368171QQptZUSQ5fCarsQ5fTrucks

Great info. Thanks.

I will have lot's of questions. I know vett's a little but am very much in the learning phase.

VetteLT193
06-03-2010, 07:08 AM
Great info. Thanks.
I will have lot's of questions. I know vett's a little but am very much in the learning phase.

Ask all you want anytime. I am a Corvette nerd... as I grew up I couldn't learn enough about them. I have only owned 4 of them so far but my Dad has owned a ton and still has a pair.

I constantly look for the next one but so far I haven't been too successful because of the little ones. Anyway, one day... hopefully soon.

If you want I'll forward you links of deals that I come across.

The Hedgehog
06-03-2010, 07:54 AM
Ask all you want anytime. I am a Corvette nerd... as I grew up I couldn't learn enough about them. I have only owned 4 of them so far but my Dad has owned a ton and still has a pair.
I constantly look for the next one but so far I haven't been too successful because of the little ones. Anyway, one day... hopefully soon.
If you want I'll forward you links of deals that I come across.

Hence the name! I could use all the info I get. Thanks

VetteLT193
06-03-2010, 02:46 PM
Orange resto-rod. not necessarily a deal but this is up my alley. I always thought the Baldwin-Motion look was pretty hot. worth checking out the pics at least.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1973-CUSTOM-CORVETTE-HOT-ROD-MUSCLE-CAR-RESTO-MOD-/120571284919?cmd=ViewItem&pt=US_Cars_Trucks&hash=item1c129bcdb7

The Hedgehog
06-03-2010, 06:29 PM
Orange resto-rod. not necessarily a deal but this is up my alley. I always thought the Baldwin-Motion look was pretty hot. worth checking out the pics at least.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1973-CUSTOM-CORVETTE-HOT-ROD-MUSCLE-CAR-RESTO-MOD-/120571284919?cmd=ViewItem&pt=US_Cars_Trucks&hash=item1c129bcdb7

I am always wanting to see others work. I will do my own stuff. Looking for a driver that I can resto as I go.

My take on this one, it will sit a LONG time at that price. I have no doubt that he has a good bit in it though.

Conquistador_del_mar
06-03-2010, 11:33 PM
I am always wanting to see others work. I will do my own stuff. Looking for a driver that I can resto as I go.

Bill,
Here is my 1980 a couple years ago that I put on Youtube. I just got through installing another 475HP 383CID after I blew that last one. I did all the work on this one including the paint (electron blue). There used to be a company in California that made a great custom made cross member for the 700R4 overdrive support with a built in emergency brake pulley. The front and rear ends are custom fiberglass pieces that I bonded. The hood is the taller turbo hood and those are the chromed Hooker headers and sidepipes with the flow through muffler. Still a little loud when you get in it, but otherwise not loud. It has the 3.54 rear end with the fiberglass spring. I also installed the Steeroid steering system. Lots of my time went into this one. Bill

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ife3PkxVCAA

The Hedgehog
06-04-2010, 09:38 AM
I bet that runs pretty good.

I bet the orange is really a runner.

How does the BBC handle vs the SBC? I also heard that the BB's get hot. I would expect that there is a way to cool those down today.

Conquistador_del_mar
06-04-2010, 09:57 AM
I bet that runs pretty good.

I bet the orange is really a runner.

How does the BBC handle vs the SBC? I also heard that the BB's get hot. I would expect that there is a way to cool those down today.

I have always heard that the BBC Vettes were too heavy in the front end and had worse handling characteristics, but I don't know this from personal experience. As the expression goes, HP equals heat. I had a heck of a time figuring out how to cool the 450HP 383, but a 4 core aluminum radiator with dual powerful (2950 CFM) Perma Cool electric pulling fans with aluminum shrouds around the fans welded to the radiator mounting plate that covers the back side of the radiator takes care of the heating problem. Good luck with your project. Bill

CJmike
06-04-2010, 01:37 PM
BBC corvettes are best at going straight ahead really fast. But they handle okay by the standards of the time. Which by todays standards ain't all that good. But a BBC in a vette rumbling around with the top down is a feeling that can't be beat. Kind of wish I would have kept mine. But at the time it was money I needed for other things.

FISHIN SUCKS
06-07-2010, 04:32 PM
Those would be Greenwood fender flares, and I know where the molds are for them......and I want to put them on my '80 along with the 'bubble glass' headlight pods (take note of the white '68 in the background parked next to me in the pits), no need for any electric or vacuum operation there. You would think the guy with this ad could have at least vacuumed the damn carpet before taking pictures, considering the rest of the car shows so well!

Thought you wanted the top to go down:convertib:, Bill? Do you still want a pedal car (manual tranny)? As always, keep in touch my friend, I am anxiously waiting to spend your money:lookaroun::eek::convertib::kingme:

HOWARD O
06-07-2010, 05:16 PM
Member David Ochs (my bro) had a green 1970 454 Corvette (LS5) just like that. Manual steering, 4-speed and a 3.08 rear. Wasn't a 1/4 mile tire burner but I don't think he ever really found out what it could do top end....it was really fast. Identical spec plate as his, that is definitely a '70.

VetteLT193
06-07-2010, 07:22 PM
Those would be Greenwood fender flares, and I know where the molds are for them......and I want to put them on my '80 along with the 'bubble glass' headlight pods (take note of the white '68 in the background parked next to me in the pits), no need for any electric or vacuum operation there. You would think the guy with this ad could have at least vacuumed the damn carpet before taking pictures, considering the rest of the car shows so well!
Thought you wanted the top to go down:convertib:, Bill? Do you still want a pedal car (manual tranny)? As always, keep in touch my friend, I am anxiously waiting to spend your money:lookaroun::eek::convertib::kingme:

Did Ecklers get the molds or are the Ecklers ones different?

FISHIN SUCKS
06-07-2010, 07:40 PM
Did Ecklers get the molds or are the Ecklers ones different?
I believe Ecklers gets them from this guy up in Akron, OH who is a member of Tiretown Corvette Club. He has the original John Greenwood molds. About 3 years ago he wanted Like $1500 for a set of them and he would mount and paint them for like another $1,000. While the price seemed fair, I would have to paint the whole car then because the battle wounds wouldn't match the flares:nilly:(viscious circle).......and if I painted the car, I probably wouldn't race it anymore........then I would have to sell it at a loss and..........where does it go from here?

FISHIN SUCKS
06-21-2010, 03:24 PM
http://www.vordermanvw.com/VehicleDetails/681595623

Hey Bill, check this out. She's a stripper......no air, no windows, no leather (original vinyl car), missing some shielding in the bilge....uh, I mean engine compartment, rear enduro on the port side fits a little off, may have been hit, but if she can be bought around the 15-16K mark, could be a good deal.