PDA

View Full Version : Sir-spots-alot...1997-2010

Barry Eller
05-31-2010, 10:40 AM
My beloved Cocker Spaniel, Sir-Spots-Alot, "Spot", passed away in his sleep this morning. He was 13 years old. I'm going to miss him.

BlownCrewCab
05-31-2010, 02:41 PM
I know that feeling Very Well. It Su*ks losing a pet, Just think of all the Love and Fun times he gave you and your family and you'll feel better. You can get another, but you can never replace one. They are all Unique in their own way.....Sorry for your loss.....

JimG
06-01-2010, 05:58 AM
Sorry to hear. Nothing hurts quite the same way...

Jim & Janet

The Hedgehog
06-01-2010, 06:24 AM
I am very sorry to hear that. No, there is nothing quite like losing a dog.

LKSD
06-01-2010, 07:03 AM
Sorry to hear of your loss.. It is tough losing an animal they become part of the family.

Bamboo Loui
06-01-2010, 07:26 AM
Sorry to hear. Nothing hurts quite the same way...

Jim & Janet

You never want to loose anyone you love. Everything is supposed to stay the same but cannot of course. The loss of a loving friend, specially a dog that that loves you is very hard. Lost my best friend (G.Retriever) "Rocky" 3 yrs ago-- still miss him and think of him often. Sorry for your loss, I am sure you'll have many fond memories and stories to tell as time goes by.

Doug& Margaret

CHACHI
06-01-2010, 07:42 AM
Barry, sorry to hear.

Ken

dr
06-01-2010, 10:08 AM
I’m sorry for your loss Barry…I have a 14 year old Rottie who’s my best friend…she’s been fighting cancer and an assortment of other aliments ….she eats steak and Boars Head tavern ham every day…a few weeks ago I was considering putting her down but she rallied…as odd as it sounds I hope passing in her sleep is what awaits her….good luck…

McGary911
06-01-2010, 12:32 PM
When I saw this thread in this section, I figured it would be a post about someone's skill in spotting Donzis. Before opening the thread, I thought to myself that the title would be a GREAT name for a dog.

Then I read the thread. Sorry to hear of his passing. For those of us who have animals, we know the joy they bring you every day. We also kind of know that we'll likely outlive them which is sad. Any pet owner I know would agree that as much as losing them hurts, the joy beats the sorrow by about a factor of 10.

hardcrab
06-01-2010, 12:46 PM
The thing with animals, and it seems especially dogs is, that they are very honest with their emotions and their behavior. You know who they are, you know your relationship with them.
You may have known a person for many years and still not had an "understanding" like you have with your dog.
I feel for your loss - I've been there too.

mike o
06-01-2010, 03:07 PM
Hey sorry........... no fun when you lose a pet, thats for sure.

Team Jefe
06-01-2010, 04:40 PM
Vaya Con Dios....sorry for your losse Guitar Man

Ghost
06-01-2010, 05:54 PM
Very sorry for your loss. -Mike

Jraysray
06-01-2010, 09:39 PM
If I came back after death I sure as hell want to be one of my animals. Cats. Hamster and fish currently reside in our home. All equal and most outrank our kids.

Im sure Barry took really good care of Sir-Spots-Alot! Think of the life that pooch lived! Honestly, that dog had it GOOOOOD. Sir Spots surely reciprocated the favor.

Adios Sir-Spot, you did well...

inlander
06-02-2010, 02:33 AM
Saw your doggies name and it put a smile on my face. While trying to figure out an AKC name for my most recent Kerry Blue Terrier, I e-mailed the breeder and suggested, jokingly of course, "Sir Poops Alot." That's because he did! Breeder e-mailed back quickly, saying it would definately not work. We ended up with something a little more appropriate.

Two of my Kerries are now in Doggie Heaven, and I still miss them alot. I spent 15 years with both. Sebastian II has now taken their place ruling the house. Our place seems a little more normal or crazy, depending on your viewpoint, but I wouldn't give it up for anything.

By posting this tread, it is obvious you had that dedication and affection for your pet that he deserved. So sorry for you losing him.

MOP
06-02-2010, 06:08 AM
Being an old fart and a avid dog & cat lover I can so sympathize with your pain. My current dog a very lovable Schnauzer has epilepsy and gives us frights every so often. Animals are worth every second of joy and pain they are the only beings on earth that can give you that special feeling that they do. Barry go out and find another great friend it will help your heart! Phil

Kirbyvv
06-02-2010, 06:30 AM
Barry, I can sympathize with you. I have a 13 yr old dog right now, who has slowed down alot this year. She's hanging in there, but moving pretty slow.

BlownCrewCab
06-02-2010, 07:28 AM
For anyone who has an Older Pet that may need to be put down, theres a new way the Vets are using to Uthenize (sp?) pets. Now they give two shots, the first actually puts the pet into a deep sleep, the second one calls the angels. to me this way is the most humane and easy on both the owner and the pet.

Barry, I didn't mean to wreck your thread, but I thought the people who will face this heart ache in the future should know it can be done like this, I'll never do it any other way....Again, Sorry for your loss...

Barry Eller
06-02-2010, 09:43 AM
Thank You All for your kind thoughts and words. Denise and I never had children and our dogs have filled that void in our lives. We still have 2 dogs, Devo and Chico, they are grieving also. Here is a photo of all 3 on the sofa with Denise and a video of the Three Musketeers begging for treats about 2 weeks ago. Spot didn't suffer, he was just moving slower and slower. Saturday he started to eat less and became very lethargic. I decided I was going to take him to the vet Tuesday AM. (Memorial Day Weekend, our Vet was closed). Spot didn't complain or seem to be in any pain, just moving slow. He passed away in my recliner where he slept every night. He just looked asleep when we discovered he had passed. Chico is 13 years old too, Devo just had his 1st birthday, Devo's breeder is going to find us a "Rescue Whippet" to keep him company, Chico does not play well with Devo. Thanks again for all of your replies.

http://s922.photobucket.com/albums/ad63/brezzers/?action=view&current=Beggingfortreats.flv&newest=1