PDA

View Full Version : Danforth gauges?????

mattyboy
05-29-2010, 10:16 PM
the hornet has a few Danforth marine instrument gauges

it has a constellation in deck compass and 2 6 inch danforth gauges an analog barometer and an analog clock, it also has a sea ranger 260 digital depth finder all have SS 6 inch bezels and are pretty old school looking cool I can't seem to find anything from danforth but compasses now

any ideas or suggestions?

btw it also had a danforth anchor but that is ok ;)

gcarter
05-30-2010, 06:04 AM
Might be good candidates for the start of a museum........

Other than the compass, I'm not aware of them. The barometer and clock sound interesting.

mattyboy
05-30-2010, 07:48 AM
they cut 3 big ass holes in the dash well actually 4 if you count the compass the barometer, the clock and the depth finder all have the same bezel and must have cost a pretty penny all brass housing

I'll take pics today I guess if they are made anymore I am going to have to have these rebuilt?

gcarter
05-30-2010, 10:08 AM
The holes are easy to plug and repair if that helps any.
I don't know, but I don't think I would hold my breath.

mattyboy
05-30-2010, 11:59 AM
here's what they look like
they have there owm light and dimmer control the 2 swtiches next to the hole

gcarter
05-30-2010, 12:06 PM
Matty, I think there's probably a market for those for saomeone who's restoring a yacht.
At least that's where they would look at home.
Never seen any in a performance boat before.

mattyboy
05-30-2010, 12:10 PM
Matty, I think there's probably a market for those for saomeone who's restoring a yacht.

what about a pump out head in a go fast??? which is exactly the view you get when sitting on the throne you look right at the clock and barometer

onesubdrvr
05-30-2010, 02:02 PM
Matty,

Check out Robert White Industries, looks like they should be able to point you in the right direction: see them at: http://www.robertwhite.com/aboutus.html

Wayne

The Hedgehog
05-31-2010, 07:40 AM

I have a Danforth weather station in the Chris. I will be restoring that piece. Really cool stuff. I will get some pics.

The Hedgehog
05-31-2010, 07:43 AM
Matty,

Check out Robert White Industries, looks like they should be able to point you in the right direction: see them at: http://www.robertwhite.com/aboutus.html

Wayne

Nice find. Thanks Wayne.

HOWARD O
05-31-2010, 08:00 AM
Really cool, nostalgic stuff!

onesubdrvr
05-31-2010, 09:41 AM
Nice find. Thanks Wayne.

No problem,... just helping whoever I can however I can lol

Wayne

mattyboy
06-01-2010, 08:32 AM
email sent to robert white I'll keep you posted

Thanks

onesubdrvr
06-01-2010, 06:30 PM
email sent to robert white I'll keep you posted

Thanks
Please do matty, those are beautiful gauges, and I'd love to see them operational again,..... hopefully some time in the next year or so, I'll get to see them operational in you boat, and in person :)

Wayne