PDA

View Full Version : Canada donzi

glashole
05-28-2010, 08:43 AM
apparently there was a black 22 with a blackhawk drive going down the 401 the other day

anyone here on the board?

also someone saw a honey and red 22 in Picton

same question

Shea

boxy
05-28-2010, 09:55 AM
Was the Blackhawk was heading East on Sunday?? We were driving back from TO, and my buddy was about 30 minutes ahead of us, he sent me a text about a Donzi on 401, but we got off at the 1000 Islands....

glashole
05-28-2010, 01:31 PM
thats the one

tylerc
05-28-2010, 04:12 PM
There's one for sale in Toronto - what's so special?

http://www.ablboats.com/details.php?id=87067

fogducker III
05-28-2010, 04:36 PM
There's one for sale in Toronto - what's so special?

http://www.ablboats.com/details.php?id=87067

That doesn't look black to me...?

I think what Shea is looking for is who owns the boat.....:confused::wink:

tylerc
05-28-2010, 04:44 PM
I know it isn't black! But it has the Blackhawk drive - what is special about that??

mrfixxall
05-28-2010, 05:25 PM
I know it isn't black! But it has the Blackhawk drive - what is special about that??

And the white one has a rocker hull.

onesubdrvr
05-28-2010, 05:31 PM
Not sure if you know or not, so I'll tell you what I know;

The Blackhawk drive was a surface piercing drive that was developed by Mercruiser,

To make optimum use of the performance gains, the true blackhaw Donzi's (the ones that came from the factory as Blackhawk models), had a little rocker built in to the hull.

So essentially, the Blackhawk drive is a little more rare, high performance drive, and the blackhawk hull, was a hull made by donzi to fully utilize the BH drive.

Hope that helps
Wayne

boxy
05-28-2010, 05:32 PM
thats the one
If it's in the Islands, I'll know soon enough.......

tylerc
05-28-2010, 05:48 PM
Not sure if you know or not, so I'll tell you what I know;

The Blackhawk drive was a surface piercing drive that was developed by Mercruiser,

To make optimum use of the performance gains, the true blackhaw Donzi's (the ones that came from the factory as Blackhawk models), had a little rocker built in to the hull.

So essentially, the Blackhawk drive is a little more rare, high performance drive, and the blackhawk hull, was a hull made by donzi to fully utilize the BH drive.

Hope that helps
Wayne

Thanks! Pretty new to Donzi...on the hunt for my first one.

onesubdrvr
05-28-2010, 06:08 PM

No worries, glad I could help,....

Recommendation; keep your eyes open, and be patient, find the right boat, don't settle too much, or you'll find you have more $ in it making it how you want than it would have cost you if you would have waited to find the right one.

Wayne

BUIZILLA
05-28-2010, 06:18 PM
luv the all white with NO windscreen.. :yes:

Al Moran
06-30-2010, 08:32 PM
If it's in the Islands, I'll know soon enough.......
To my knowledge there are 2 Donzi Blackhawks in Canada -both in Muskoka-mine on Lake Joseph and my friend's on Lake Rosseau

fogducker III
06-30-2010, 09:04 PM
I know of two here on the West Coast, one in Vancouver and one here on Vancouver Island..........ran with the local one on the last Poker Run, nice boat......

Al Moran
06-30-2010, 09:19 PM
Thanks for the feedback -it is great to have more accurate information -I stand corrected

yeller
07-01-2010, 01:23 AM
To my knowledge there are 2 Donzi Blackhawks in Canada -both in Muskoka-mine on Lake Joseph and my friend's on Lake Rosseau

I know of two here on the West Coast, one in Vancouver and one here on Vancouver Island..........ran with the local one on the last Poker Run, nice boat......Yea Al, you're sounding like a true Torontonian. Life does exist to the west. :wink:

Ed Donnelly
07-01-2010, 07:13 AM
Yeller; Toronto is as far west as you can go in Canada

I was always told B.C. was GODS country................Ed

boxy
07-01-2010, 08:20 AM
Yeller; Toronto is as far west as you can go in Canada
I was always told B.C. was GODS country................Ed

I always thought there was nothing West of Port Hope except a big giant black hole until you got to Tillsonburg. :nilly:
It's a good thing that I can still drive Hwy 17 to visit Lenny, Yeller, Foggy and the boys out West and avoid the mess all together. :D

Cuda
07-01-2010, 12:06 PM
I'd look for a 22 that's not a Blackhawk for my first.

glashole
07-05-2010, 06:24 AM

that makes 6
including the 2 on the west coast

the fastest being actually in toronto (Jim's white-no windshield) and another with crazy graffics just east of toronto

Al Moran
07-05-2010, 06:51 AM
that makes 6
including the 2 on the west coast

the fastest being actually in toronto (Jim's white-no windshield) and another with crazy graffics just east of toronto

My understanding is that Donzi produced 40 Blackhawk Limited Edition units in 1995 and there are other 22' Donzis running the Blackhawk drives.

glashole
07-05-2010, 07:39 AM
that is correct on the 40 limited edition blackhawks 1995/1996 models

there are also guys running blackhawk drives on regular 22's as well

there are however blackhawk edition 22 classics that are not limited edition black and gold colours that are true full blown rocker hull blackhawks

kind of like a wolf in sheeps clothing so to speak

Tim Morris
07-05-2010, 08:42 PM
kind of like a wolf in sheeps clothing so to speak

Yup! That reminds me of Shea. Especially in the martini bar.

mrfixxall
07-05-2010, 09:36 PM

if your serious i know where theirs one sitting..1985,its white with a blue stripe up the center with blue sides.mint!! 350 mag with a alpha..

when this guy got it, it still had the plastic on the seats..