PDA

View Full Version : Need help on what prop I should use

simeon
05-24-2010, 05:33 PM
Hi all, I have a black widow in Hong Kong and have just purchased a 496 from the US with 500hp. I have also purchased a Bravo 1x drive - What is the best prop for my boat now. Much appreciated - Simeon

jg480
05-24-2010, 09:03 PM
I'm by no means an expert on props but I would contact someone like Hydromotive, Bblades, or Throttle Up. I'm sure there's a few more good sources and tell them what engine you had, what prop you were using, your drive, gear ratio, how fast you spun it, and your speed. Then tell them about your new setup and see what they say. Trust the people that do that stuff for a living and I'm sure you'll get what you want.
Jim

RedDog
05-24-2010, 09:23 PM
What size Black Widow? 24 footer? If so I would start with a 25 or 27 3 blade Turbo or Merc Mirage and go from there

PS - assuming that is a 1.5 to 1 Bravo drive

simeon
05-27-2010, 09:47 AM
Much Apprecited

I'm by no means an expert on props but I would contact someone like Hydromotive, Bblades, or Throttle Up. I'm sure there's a few more good sources and tell them what engine you had, what prop you were using, your drive, gear ratio, how fast you spun it, and your speed. Then tell them about your new setup and see what they say. Trust the people that do that stuff for a living and I'm sure you'll get what you want.
Jim

simeon
05-27-2010, 10:07 AM
Thanks for that, just ordered a Mirage.

What size Black Widow? 24 footer? If so I would start with a 25 or 27 3 blade Turbo or Merc Mirage and go from there

PS - assuming that is a 1.5 to 1 Bravo drive