PDA

View Full Version : Improved storage in the Classice

yeller
05-24-2010, 12:23 AM
I'm lovin' the extra room in the Classic since removing the ski locker, but I was still having trouble keeping everything organized so I added some netting to help.

Titan
05-24-2010, 12:37 AM
Looks good Glen! I still want to remove my storage bin but haven't had the time! I want to check yours out just to see how much room you get. Tried your prop Friday, it worked really well! Another 22 classic and I as well as a 24 Sunsation ran down to Trawler Fest in Anacortes and came back yesterday. Way to much fun!! I haven't got in touch with the painter about your stripe yet, will try again this week. We need to hook up for a run soon!!

CaribouLou
05-24-2010, 07:05 AM
I too would love to remove the ski locker and do that....

yeller
05-24-2010, 10:38 PM
I highly recommend removing the locker. Well worth it.

Titan, do you prefer the M+ or the Hydro? You going to enter the poker run in June?

If you have someone that'd paint the boat, I'd appreciate it.
I put an ad in UsedVictoria hoping to find a painter. Had 3 guys interested until I sent them pics of the job. Don't know why it's so hard to find someone to paint the boat. It's not a major job. I might have to go to vinyl for now :bonk:, at least until I find a painter

CaribouLou
05-24-2010, 10:41 PM
How did you go about doing all this?

Carl C
05-24-2010, 10:54 PM
Here is mine in detail: http://www.donzi.net/forums/showthread.php?t=44706&highlight=removed+forward+storage+bin+today

There is a lot of talk in there that was very welcomed but if you just skip through my posts you'll see how I did it. I don't know if Glen posted his project in detail and his mod is a little different but the end result is the same: Lots more space!

Titan
05-24-2010, 11:50 PM
Hey glen, definately the hydro! The four blades handle the best on my boat. Not quite as much speed but way better overall handling. Yes I will do both poker runs in June. The Sidney run is on the 19th and Cowichan is the next weekend. Cowichan is a lot of fun, I won it last year so hoping for good cards again!!!! You can check out the details at Island Offshore.

yeller
05-25-2010, 01:07 AM
Hey glen, definately the hydro! The four blades handle the best on my boat. Not quite as much speed but way better overall handling. Yes I will do both poker runs in June. The Sidney run is on the 19th and Cowichan is the next weekend. Cowichan is a lot of fun, I won it last year so hoping for good cards again!!!! You can check out the details at Island Offshore.
Feel free to hang onto the Hydro for now. I want to re-try all my props (on the same day). I've never done a same day comparison, but that won't be for a while, so no rush to get it back.

Titan
05-25-2010, 08:52 AM
Feel free to hang onto the Hydro for now. I want to re-try all my props (on the same day). I've never done a same day comparison, but that won't be for a while, so no rush to get it back.

Thanks, you can add my 29 mirage+ to the mix as well! It acts differently than yours, it was labbed by throttle up. Bought it to try but going to sell it, not right for my boat!

yeller
05-26-2010, 12:56 AM
Thanks, you can add my 29 mirage+ to the mix as well! It acts differently than yours, it was labbed by throttle up. Bought it to try but going to sell it, not right for my boat!If you don't have it sold before my boat goes in the water, I'd like to give it a try.