PDA

View Full Version : Is there a listing of vendors or suppliers

BobinCovington
05-19-2010, 11:43 PM
I had a quick question...is there a listing on Donzi.net of suppliers or vendors for various Donzi parts and services? Maybe there already is, and I just don't know where it is. But it would sure be nice to have one place to find these contacts. Man it would be good to know if there was someone in Seattle that worked on Eaton outdrives (for example)

gcarter
05-20-2010, 06:10 AM
Lakeside Restorations, an advertiser here, can get most anything you need.
Their ad is at the top of the page.

mattyboy
05-20-2010, 08:17 AM
I had a quick question...is there a listing on Donzi.net of suppliers or vendors for various Donzi parts and services? Maybe there already is, and I just don't know where it is. But it would sure be nice to have one place to find these contacts. Man it would be good to know if there was someone in Seattle that worked on Eaton outdrives (for example)

is it a true "Eaton" drive??? or is it a Eaton badged Volvo AQ200?

I am probably the biggest stickler for not loosing originality BUT with one exception the Eatons were very weak and had a tendency to leave the back of the boat. I would rather see a newer drive on an old boat than an old boat on the bottom.

If it is a eaton badged Volvo aq200 anyone who knows the AQ series would be able to work on it.

Jamie is a great source for stuff that comes from the factory, but if you are looking for older no longer made items like the morse shifter knobs or
or dash plates , donzi scripts, there are sources for each one unfortunetly they are not in the same place.

would love to see pics

Matty
Lake George Donzi Classic Club

mrfixxall
05-20-2010, 09:22 AM
is it a true "Eaton" drive??? or is it a Eaton badged Volvo AQ200?

I am probably the biggest stickler for not loosing originality BUT with one exception the Eatons were very weak and had a tendency to leave the back of the boat. I would rather see a newer drive on an old boat than an old boat on the bottom.

If it is a eaton badged Volvo aq200 anyone who knows the AQ series would be able to work on it.

Jamie is a great source for stuff that comes from the factory, but if you are looking for older no longer made items like the morse shifter knobs or
or dash plates , donzi scripts, there are sources for each one unfortunetly they are not in the same place.

would love to see pics

Matty
Lake George Donzi Classic Club

matty pic's are in this trend,,looks like a eaton..
http://www.donzi.net/forums/showthread.php?t=61975

BobinCovington
05-20-2010, 09:24 AM
Thanks guys,
I was just thinking some kind of directory would be good. There are probably many good sources for all kinds of parts or services people have used that would be nice to have listed in one place.
As far as my outdrive, it is an Eaton that is attached to my 270 hp 289. The shafts have been replaced with stronger steel so we don't twist anything with all that power
Here are a couple of pics, but I do not know what model Eaton it is (or if it is a re-badged volvo). I would love to know what options are out there for swapping out drives.
There are a couple more outdrive photos in my other thread..."my new old donzi sweet 16"

mattyboy
05-20-2010, 09:43 AM
that is a very early 16, the story goes the first 25 came with that style eaton.I don't necessarily agree with that the AQ 200 didn't come around until 65 66 ish and they made quite a few 16's between 64 and 65.

I would use it til it breaks
then replace which will mean re galssing the transom and cutting a new hole.

at that point you have to come to grips with originality vs handling,performance and maint.

very nice 16

Grumble Green

any hull number? look on the back side of the dash and up by the bow eye

hand written in marker

BobinCovington
05-20-2010, 09:53 AM
hull # is 16-226

cutwater
05-20-2010, 10:03 AM
hull # is 16-226

Well... that's what your title says... Have you found any markings yet on the backside of the dash or under the deck near the front lifting ring??

mattyboy
05-20-2010, 10:04 AM
now the other part of the story is in 65 when Don was selling to Teleflex they were liberal with a few production numbers to make a good showing.
so it is possible that you are actually in hull 126 ;) doesn't matter still a very early 16 :) and a nice one at that

MOP
05-20-2010, 08:31 PM
The biggest issue with the Eaton's was burning the upper gears, the uppers run real hot. Back before people even though of drive showers we made an up a tube attached to the transom, the tip stuck down at an angle slightly below the transoms edge came the bent into a U so it dumped water on the upper that did a good job.

Phil