PDA

View Full Version : Silent Choice Exhaust Broken ?

ACE51
05-16-2010, 07:09 PM
Hello everybody,

I was wonderin' if anyone knows much about the inns and outs of the silent choice exhaust (II) before I start to look into it.

The starboard side broke/doesn't work. It happened when pulling up skiiers today. Maybe the 22p prop and 230 lb skier isn't a good combo for skiing with the stock 5 liter. Thinking of getting a stock 19p for skiing only. Anyways I can see that the starboard actuator doesn't switch unless you manually flip it when I hit the switch to quiet.

Maybe I don't need to buy a high performance cam anymore to get that cool lull at idel!

suggestions? a fuse? a broken flapper or actuator?

many thanks.

--Aaron

mrfixxall
05-16-2010, 07:28 PM
[quote=ACE51;565613]Hello everybody,

I was wonderin' if anyone knows much about the inns and outs of the silent choice exhaust (II) before I start to look into it.

The starboard side broke/doesn't work. It happened when pulling up skiiers today. Maybe the 22p prop and 230 lb skier isn't a good combo for skiing with the stock 5 liter. Thinking of getting a stock 19p for skiing only. Anyways I can see that the starboard actuator doesn't switch unless you manually flip it when I hit the switch to quiet.

Maybe I don't need to buy a high performance cam anymore to get that cool lull at idel!

suggestions? a fuse? a broken flapper or actuator?

many thanks.

make sure your getting power and ground to the actuator with the switch on..if no power then you may have a bad relay..If you are then a bad actuator..contact corsa for a new acuator..

ACE51
05-19-2010, 02:06 PM
I checked all electrical connections, I then switched the actuators from each side and the starboard actuator still would not function. It appears that a stop of some sort on the starboard mechanism has broken off allowing the flap to have further travel. I'm going to wait to get back from AOTH to take the splitter/mechanism out and see if its salvagable or if I need to buy a whole new splitter.

Who likes the silent mode anyways?

ROTYDE
05-20-2010, 12:22 AM
I just went through a ordeal to get mine working on a older Corsa system the wanted me to buy 2 new wiring harnesses for each engine at 170.00 a piece , plus 4 new solenoids. This was because i had one solenoid go out. They dont use anymore. I did some looking around and found the company the made them for Corsa. Corsa wanted 870.00 for there fix . I did my self for 89 dollars . PM me for phone number and I will tell you how to handle it...Geno:shocking: