PDA

View Full Version : Getting itchy!! ..........Magnum 27 sport.

scippy
05-15-2010, 08:38 PM
Some assorted pics of my sport after I removed the Vee wind fairing, fuel tanks and sole floor.
One pic shows what's left of the interior cabin wall, just the FG tabbing is left where the plywood
rotted away.
The rest of the pics are looking down upon the sole floor, the 2 outboard stringers had 2x4's bolted
to them to support the floor. the 2 strips of remaining 3/8'' ply was used as a shim to level the floor.
All of this wood was not treated for moisture and don't think it could've come from the factory this way.
Lots of work to do yet, probabely more surprises to come, but getting itchy just the same.......Scippy

Conquistador_del_mar
05-15-2010, 08:56 PM
Scippy,
Mine looked identical to yours with the 2x4s bolted to the outside stringers to support the floor and everything else I see except the 1x12s. Even my fuel lines came out the same place in the bulkhead. Bill

HIGH LIFE
05-16-2010, 08:05 AM
scippy, Interesting to see that on the SPORT the gas tanks are forward of the main bulkhead, on the SEDAN there are two 50 gal. tanks under the cockpit floor, same hull, SEDAN deck is very heavy. Must be CG balance. Wonder where the MALTESE tanks are located ? "HIGH LIFE"

Sweet Cheekz
05-16-2010, 08:43 AM
Scippy
Glad to finally see some pics. I wish I was that far already. I am not looking forward to removing my tanks Keep us updated
Parnell

scippy
05-16-2010, 02:03 PM
Bill,
Since your sport also had the 2x4's bolted in place, I would then think they came out of the factory this way. If that's the case, it doesn't seem to match the otherwise
quality and thought given the rest of the boat. Standing lower in the boat is what I intend to do also.

HIGH LIFE,
Since the sedan has a higher deck, I would presume by also moving the tanks aft (under the cockpit floor) it provides for actual cabin space, something the sport lacks.

Parnell,
It's funny how tearing things apart (to me) feels like I haven't turned the corner yet until I get to the point of refurbishing, but indeed, it is progress non the less.

MDonziM
05-16-2010, 03:06 PM
My main 2 tanks are under the "cabin" and each just fit thru the cabin door after removing the foam etc. The gas lines ran thru a pvc conduit outside the stringers under the cockpit which were suprisingly easy to replace. Just attached the new line to the old, and pulled thru. I guess the tanks were moved foward on the Starfire for 2 reasons, to counter ballance the 454's in the rear and with the drop down floor, not much room left underneath. I looked at my floor support from the eng rm and it appears to be two 1" sheets of plywood. A little scary, looks raw/untreated, but it looks pristine.