PDA

View Full Version : Using a 22C in Destin, FL.

TexasChopper
05-09-2010, 09:10 AM
Anyone here have a 22 Classic they are running around the Destin area? If so what is your concensus? I am not too familiar with the water in that area and wanted to know how a 22 would be as far as crusing around the bay, going to Crab Island type thing. Thanks.

Team Jefe
05-10-2010, 12:08 PM
Been over there a few times with some 22C's and they seemed to take the water fine. I'm sure there are days that's not true....still, never actually ran one myself:)

Tidbart
05-10-2010, 01:01 PM
Talk to Barry Eller. He lives there and has a 22C.
http://www.donzi.net/forums/member.php?u=2939

Bob

TexasChopper
05-10-2010, 07:32 PM
Great...thanks for the info

TMANN
05-10-2010, 08:23 PM
I take mine there every year. Its perfect for the area. We hang out at crab island most of the day. Have run all over the bay and intercoastal. Might be a little too ruff in the gulf most days but there are plenty of options outside of that. We love it.

TMANN

TexasChopper
05-12-2010, 11:06 AM
I take mine there every year. Its perfect for the area. We hang out at crab island most of the day. Have run all over the bay and intercoastal. Might be a little too ruff in the gulf most days but there are plenty of options outside of that. We love it.

TMANN

Thanks TMANN that is pretty much the same thing I will be doing with a boat in that area. Good info.

Barry Eller
05-15-2010, 04:08 PM
Hi, your 22 will be fine in this area. (most of the time). The wind usually kicks up in the afternoons, it can get very rough in the bays and in the inter-coastal waterway (Santa Rosa Sound) when the wind is up. Just watch weather forecasts and the sky and you should be fine. The reason I say "watch the sky" is we get thunderstorms/squalls out of the clear blue sometimes when they haven't been forecast. When will you be in this area? I live in Gulf Breeze, 40 miles west of Destin. Shoot me a PM if you want.