PDA

View Full Version : what were they thinking?

zelatore
05-06-2010, 07:19 PM
We've all seen them....really 'unfortunate' boat names.

I just came across another one. Reviewing a survey on a 38 Carver we're listing, I see the name: Floater

Really guys - that's just...bad!

mattyboy
05-06-2010, 07:32 PM
boat wasn't brown was it???? :eek:

hardcrab
05-07-2010, 02:49 PM
All of 'em named "Sinker" aren't visible !

gcarter
05-07-2010, 03:12 PM
Another is the percieved future of any boat
named (___________'s) Folly.......

FISHIN SUCKS
05-07-2010, 09:29 PM
boat wasn't brown was it???? :eek:
LOL....Doodee!!!!!! Or what if the boat was named Baby Ruth.....maybe that's too deep.

zelatore
05-08-2010, 09:09 AM
Possibly the most famous 'bad name' here in the SF bay area is 'Lucky Seamen" Turns out the guy who owns it is a horse breader, so the play on words sort-of works.

Ghost
05-08-2010, 09:38 AM
It's hard to know where to begin. ('Baby Ruth' is actually cracking me up though.)

I think one of the dumbest I've ever seen was a surgeon's boat dubbed 'The Incision.' Really? 'Incisor" maybe, but "The Incision?!" That's like naming your boat "Prey" instead of "Predator."

Must say I've never understood "Sea Biscuit", mostly because it seems like a nautical air biscuit.

I do hold out hope that some hip-hop star will unwittingly plaster "Sea Rapper" on his megayacht.

McGary911
05-08-2010, 09:51 AM
I actually still own this thing. Unfortunate, but great name. I can't count the number of times this conversation has happened:

"Cirrhosis of the River looking for a lift sir"

"Could you repeat the name of your boat captain?"

Typically followed by a couple of laughs you could hear over the radio. fun name for a boat. Anytime someone was behind us in a no wake zone, they were always pointing and smiling.

BTW, that's not me dancin' on the in the pic. :bonk::bonk:

Jraysray
05-08-2010, 10:28 AM
I actually still own this thing. Unfortunate, but great name. I can't count the number of times this conversation has happened:

"Cirrhosis of the River looking for a lift sir"

"Could you repeat the name of your boat captain?"

Typically followed by a couple of laughs you could hear over the radio. fun name for a boat. Anytime someone was behind us in a no wake zone, they were always pointing and smiling.

BTW, that's not me dancin' on the in the pic. :bonk::bonk:

Someone texted my wife about a Donzi named "Stotaly Tober" Funny....

Hey, which one of you knuckle heads is texting my wife???

THEDONZ33
05-09-2010, 09:55 PM
My brother and I both have boats... he had Sea Ray 310 Sunsport Named "Tasty Waves" when I bought my 33 Crossbow I wanted to name my boat "SeaBling Rivalry" but my (now ex) wife over ruled me
Now that I have a new 1994 Sweet 16 and a new Sweetie we are going to name it "Knot Tellin"

TBroccoli
05-10-2010, 11:56 AM
Growing up we had a 30 something boat in the marina that was painted the ugliest color green. It was green all over. The hand rails were even green. The name of the boat, of course, "Green Boat." We still laugh about it. When asked the name of my 22 classic I tell people "Made Ya Look" It's unofficial because I can't find a cool way or cool place to put the lettering on the boat.

dsparis
05-11-2010, 01:51 PM
my wife wanted to name our white and yellow 18c "DAISY"

Fluffy Foo-Foo
05-11-2010, 02:47 PM
I still have to order the decal and the wife is of course upset.

NOT HERS

Or should I go with KNOT HERS ?

dsparis
05-11-2010, 03:07 PM
Hey THEDONZ33 would your brother be Dan V. ?

z33donzi
05-12-2010, 12:16 AM
i thought if i got our z33 documented i would name it ;port of bella mushroom' what ????????

THEDONZ33
05-12-2010, 08:01 AM
Hey THEDONZ33 would your brother be Dan V. ?
Thats the name my parents gave my brother.
Are you a chain o lakes boater ?

dsparis
05-12-2010, 12:42 PM
My wife Donna K. went to school with you guys. I was at Dans house on fox a couple of times. I took our 18c there 2 years ago.My wifes aunt lives on lake Marie, auntie Mertz.

THEDONZ33
05-13-2010, 06:49 PM
My wife Donna K. went to school with you guys. I was at Dans house on fox a couple of times. I took our 18c there 2 years ago.My wifes aunt lives on lake Marie, auntie Mertz.
OK I gotchya I look foward to running into you then if you are still around this season. Now that I am back in the area full time and back on the water. My parents used to own the house right next to aunt Mertz on the south side of her

dsparis
06-19-2010, 01:05 PM
Last weekend on Homosassa river in Fl.

inlander
06-19-2010, 03:18 PM
Would "Passing Wind" be appropriate for a sailboat?

McGary911
06-19-2010, 05:16 PM

Think I have a copyright infringement case? :wink:

Donzi Vol
06-19-2010, 08:46 PM
My first boat was a 1970 14' seafoam green fishing boat. Beautiful only in its owners' eyes! I owned it with 3 friends in college. I got my first $300 share out of it in the first weekend!

We decided to name it Jezebel (the most evil woman in the Bible). However, some friends of ours decided to sneak down to the dock one night before a big lake party and put some decals on the side.
I thought they were pretty creative:
"Screamin Seamen" and "Master Baiter"

MOP
06-20-2010, 06:28 AM
An old buddy of mine names his boat "YES DEAR" got rave reviews where ever he went!

Cuda
06-20-2010, 11:23 AM
I still have to order the decal and the wife is of course upset.

NOT HERS

Or should I go with KNOT HERS ?
Tidbart had an 18 name "Knot for sale". I thought that was cool.

Cuda
06-20-2010, 11:33 AM
I've been to Homassa numerous times. I got pulled over by the water cops who inspected everything on the boat, and then asked me if I had any weapons onboard. I looked around then in a conspirital voice I said, "What do you need?" He failed to see the humor in that, so I told him I had a 9mm on board and asked if he wanted to see it. He declined. Nice Glock 40 I told him.
I used to stay at Duncan McCraes fish camp. It was on the south side of the river right across from Crumps.

Cuda
06-20-2010, 11:37 AM
My first boat was a 1970 14' seafoam green fishing boat. Beautiful only in its owners' eyes! I owned it with 3 friends in college. I got my first $300 share out of it in the first weekend!

We decided to name it Jezebel (the most evil woman in the Bible). However, some friends of ours decided to sneak down to the dock one night before a big lake party and put some decals on the side.
I thought they were pretty creative:
"Screamin Seamen" and "Master Baiter"
My mom called my first girlfriend a Jezebel. It was as close to cussing at her my mom could do. Mom was mad because she married my cousin.

realbold
06-20-2010, 12:38 PM
I got pulled over by the water cops who inspected everything on the boat, and then asked me if I had any weapons onboard. I looked around then in a conspirital voice I said, "What do you need?"
:yes: :rofl:

Saw a Donzi in SCS yesterday, name on the back was "Impulse Buy"

dsparis
06-20-2010, 12:56 PM
Cuda heres a picture taken at Macraes gas dock, a welcome sight to say the least. Across the river the River Haven gas docks have non-ethanol too. They still have'nt done anything with Crumps since the "fire". They did remodel the bathrooms and bait house at Macraes though.

zelatore
06-21-2010, 10:48 AM
I got pulled over by the water cops who inspected everything on the boat, and then asked me if I had any weapons onboard. I looked around then in a conspirital voice I said, "What do you need?" He failed to see the humor in that

That's great! I doubt I'd have had the balls to pull it off.

Even if he didn't seem to find any humor in it, you know later back at the station he told that story about 20 times to his buddies...

glashole
06-21-2010, 10:54 AM
i named my cruiser

"Just The Tip"

game i used to play as a teenager

Ed Donnelly
06-21-2010, 12:58 PM
Called my 16 after my wife Marion before we were married
"Made Marion" She didn't see the humor in it..
Changed it after installing the twin turbos to " MYASSISDRAGON"..Ed

Cuda
06-22-2010, 06:33 AM
Cuda heres a picture taken at Macraes gas dock, a welcome sight to say the least. Across the river the River Haven gas docks have non-ethanol too. They still have'nt done anything with Crumps since the "fire". They did remodel the bathrooms and bait house at Macraes though.
I didn't know they had a fire at Crumps. My buddy and I went there for dinner one night and ended up getting skyrocket drunk! Is the Crow's Nest still open at the mouth of the river? It was owned by Crumps.

I met an old southern lady in there. She said they call her Diamond Lil.:eek:

maddad
06-22-2010, 07:54 AM
I've been thinking of changing the name "maddy's daddy's" to "sea word", in honor of my ex.

dsparis
06-22-2010, 09:04 AM
Cuda, crows nest has been closed for 5 years or so, it s rotting away a real shame. The house across the mouth of the river is a rental now. Its called tarpon key lodge, has a great web site.

dsparis
06-22-2010, 09:10 AM
web site http://www.tarponkeylodge.com/gallery/Tarpon%20Key%20Lodge/album/index.html

Cuda
06-22-2010, 12:14 PM
Cuda, crows nest has been closed for 5 years or so, it s rotting away a real shame. The house across the mouth of the river is a rental now. Its called tarpon key lodge, has a great web site.
You never knew when the Crows Nest would be open. It was a neat as hell location. The grassflats out there are unbelievable. I think Budman's folks have a place on there.