View Full Version : Vancouver Island Poker Run

CaribouLou
05-04-2010, 12:55 PM
http://www.vipr.ca/

fogducker III
05-04-2010, 01:59 PM
http://www.vipr.ca/

I can vouch for this one being an absolute blast.....:yes:

GREAT boating, beautiful scenery, large numbers of entries and fantastic pig roast afterwards.......:wink:

CaribouLou
05-04-2010, 04:38 PM
I'll try my best to get there:crossfing:

CaribouLou
05-04-2010, 04:52 PM
http://www.nwoffshore.com/forums/showthread.php?p=26622#post26622

yeller
05-05-2010, 01:32 AM
I can vouch for this one being an absolute blast.....:yes:

GREAT boating, beautiful scenery, large numbers of entries and fantastic pig roast afterwards.......:wink:Are you signing up?

fogducker III
05-05-2010, 08:47 AM
Are you signing up?

I have T-shirts from the last 8 runs.........:wink:

This was from 2006 I think....

CaribouLou
05-12-2010, 03:30 AM
I have T-shirts from the last 8 runs.........:wink:

This was from 2006 I think....

wanna pick me up?

fogducker III
05-12-2010, 09:45 AM
wanna pick me up?

I have a long trip even before the run........:eek:

I launch at Cowichan Bay, run to Brentwood Bay to pick up my co-pilot and then around to Sidney for the start.......:yes:

I will probably run back to Cow Bay from the stop in Finlayson Arm......

CaribouLou
05-12-2010, 10:47 AM
Fine. Didn't want to go anyways ;)

yeller
05-12-2010, 06:24 PM
Fine. Didn't want to go anyways ;)It's still a month away. I'm sure your boat will be running by then. Why don't you plan on entering?

Fog, are you signed up already?

fogducker III
05-12-2010, 08:18 PM
It's still a month away. I'm sure your boat will be running by then. Why don't you plan on entering?

Fog, are you signed up already?

I just go down to the drivers meeting the night before and grab an entry and a couple of extra poker hands..........the driver's meeting is usually at Boondocks Pub in Sidney, I will confirm that for you.....:wink:

CaribouLou
05-12-2010, 08:31 PM
Maybe...

yeller
05-14-2010, 04:12 PM
I just go down to the drivers meeting the night before and grab an entry and a couple of extra poker hands..........the driver's meeting is usually at Boondocks Pub in Sidney, I will confirm that for you.....:wink:You don't have to sign up ahead of time (in order to get counted in for dinner)?

fogducker III
05-14-2010, 08:04 PM
You don't have to sign up ahead of time (in order to get counted in for dinner)?

The night before is good enough for them to get a head count for dinner, one of the "regulars" usually does the food side of things but this year the dinner is at the Capital City Yacht Club so not sure what they have planned for grub...? But it is always good and plenty of it.........:yes:

I just have to figure out how I am getting the boat down there and back home again...:confused:

If I launch here then I can't go to the dinner and get it back before dark, if I trailer it down and trailer it home that night, it will be a "dry" night, that won't happen......so my last choice is to trailer down, launch local and stay the night at a cheapy motel/hotel and park the boat on the trailer overnight and drive home the next day....:boggled:

yeller
05-14-2010, 08:13 PM
If there is somewhere we could leave the boats overnight, I might be able to figure out a way to get us to my place for the night, then we'll head back in the morning to get the boats.

Or I might split a motel with you.

Seperate beds of course...:bonk:

fogducker III
05-15-2010, 09:29 AM
If there is somewhere we could leave the boats overnight, I might be able to figure out a way to get us to my place for the night, then we'll head back in the morning to get the boats.

Or I might split a motel with you.

Seperate beds of course...:bonk:

I will call you during the day today and we can come up with a suitable game plan........I am leaning towards a local motel close to the yacht club........SEPERATE ROOMS..........:eek::boggled::yes:

CaribouLou
05-15-2010, 12:34 PM
Looking fwd to this...

fogducker III
05-15-2010, 02:54 PM
Looking fwd to this...

Clutch fixed yet? Dash is all done right? Then your good to go........:boat:

CaribouLou
05-15-2010, 03:05 PM
Clutch fixed yet? Dash is all done right? Then your good to go........:boat:

getting fixed this week.... Should be good to go by memorial day

CaribouLou
05-24-2010, 08:37 AM
Guess we will find out if a 22 fits on your trailer :D. Looking fwd to riding with you J.

CaribouLou
06-04-2010, 12:20 PM
Well since my boat is on blocks, with about 5000$ worth of gel and glass missing from the bottom, I don't think I'll be making it :frown:

fogducker III
06-04-2010, 01:09 PM
Well since my boat is on blocks, with about 5000$ worth of gel and glass missing from the bottom, I don't think I'll be making it :frown:

What happened? pics.........(that is the morbid side of me talking...):wink:

CaribouLou
06-05-2010, 09:21 AM
Cabo Marine took pictures, so I'll post some before and after pics.

Crystal Pro
06-06-2010, 02:28 PM
How did that happen. You have had some bad luck with the opening day and now this. Hope you get out soon.

http://i120.photobucket.com/albums/o176/avicontrol/DonziBowview.jpg

CaribouLou
06-21-2010, 12:47 AM
Finally got the boat running. heading to chelan in the AM for a few days with the lady...

fogducker III
06-21-2010, 09:34 AM
Well, the local poker run was excellent... good weather despite reports. About 30 boats and FIVE of them were Donzis...:)

Not a bad turn-out for an area not really known for Donzis....I had my 18C, Yeller in his 22C, Titan in his 22C, a very nice Blackhawk I think from Vancouver and I believe a 22ZX ? Someone will correct me if I got that wrong...

The first leg started off a little strange, but I will let Yeller fill in those details...:yes:

The rest of the day was great, good food, lots of big power and a great bunch of people......

yeller
06-21-2010, 06:09 PM
Had to show a pic with the engine hatch up, didn't you. :wink: At least no push rope was needed.

The threads for my belt tensioner striped and tensioner kept coming loose. Only had a bit more than one thread holding it on. After the 3rd time losing belt tension, I managed to keep the bolt from backing off using a tie-wrap around the bolt head. Worked great for the second half of the run. Thanks Jeremy. :wrench:

Titan won 3rd place with his poker hand. :yes:

The BlackHawk was from the island also and sorry Jeremy, it wasn't a 22zx. I'm sure someone here can identify the model in pic1.

Titan
06-22-2010, 12:22 AM
Great day boys! Awesome donzi showing, more than I expected! I believe that is a Z21 made in the later 80's. To bad the blackhawk cracked the upper gear case! He broke right after you guys headed for brentwood! Had no idea there was a blackhawk in my neighborhood, sounds like he bought it late last year without an engine and just got it going. Need more power now that I have driven Glen's boat!!:yes: You guys should be coming to the Cowichan run this weekend, it is always a great time. I'm going up Friday aft. Would be nice to see a few more donzi's for a change!!!

fogducker III
06-22-2010, 08:44 AM
Great day boys! Awesome donzi showing, more than I expected! I believe that is a Z21 made in the later 80's. To bad the blackhawk cracked the upper gear case! He broke right after you guys headed for brentwood! Had no idea there was a blackhawk in my neighborhood, sounds like he bought it late last year without an engine and just got it going. Need more power now that I have driven Glen's boat!!:yes: You guys should be coming to the Cowichan run this weekend, it is always a great time. I'm going up Friday aft. Would be nice to see a few more donzi's for a change!!!

Sad to hear about the Blackhawk....:garfield:

Your right about the Z21........:wink:

Wish I could go to the Cowichan run, it is just up the road from me but I have my kids this weekend and we are celebrating my son's birthday.....

When is the Harrison run and are you going...?

CaribouLou
06-23-2010, 12:12 PM
looks like you guys had a blast....Who's coming to the Chelan run?

Titan
06-24-2010, 12:32 AM
Concidered it! Talked to a guy at the run last weekend that fly's the helicopter for the video. He was filling me in, sounds like a great time! Very reasonible entry fee as well considering what you get included. Unfortunately my boat will be apart, its time to beef up the bilge area and repair the modern 22 classic crack problem! Bad time of year I know but a reno kept me from doing it in the early spring. Wish it could wait till the fall then we could transplant some more ponies in there, maybe something blue! Not the time of year for that, just need to get it fixed and back in the water! Maybe I can talk these other guys into making the trip next year! The Canadian Donzi invasion!!!:wink:

yeller
06-24-2010, 03:34 PM
Would love to do the Cowichan run, but someone broke my trim switch. :wink::biggrin: :biggrin:

Titan
06-25-2010, 12:55 AM
Hey sorry buddy, I think I was set up!!:biggrin.: It worked fine for the first two runs but quit on the third!:confused: Have you had a chance to look at it yet, is it the switch or a bad connection? I'm going to have to keep an eye on you when you drive mine!:wink:

yeller
06-25-2010, 10:42 PM
Looks to be in the switch. I tried taking it apart, but it seems to be glued together. It is working now, but I'm sure it'll fail again. I'll have to order a new one on Monday.

What's name is your account under. :wink: