PDA

View Full Version : First Time Out this Season

RedDog
05-02-2010, 09:41 AM
Finally got the 22 out on Saturday. I was running at a nice cruise feeling good when I checked the gauges again. Crap. Water temp was over 200 and the auto-bilge pump light was on. I shut her down and raised the hatch - must have been 30 gallons of water in there. Apparently I hadn't tightened the seawater discharge hose clamp when I de-winterized it. To add to the misery of climbing into the bilge with a hot engine in order the put the hose back on, I cut my arm on something - had blood all over the engine and bilge.

MOP
05-02-2010, 10:27 AM
The pity of owning a boat is we wait for spring only to let as much blood out as possible! Lets hope you slipped through without any issues, check the dip stick after a run for milkiness. Phil

RedDog
05-02-2010, 12:29 PM
I ran about 20 miles after I got the hose back on. I checked the dipstick after that to verify level. Level was good and oil was clean. Didn't notice any milkiness.

Donzi Vol
05-02-2010, 05:51 PM
Wow, looks like you dodged a bullet on that one! Glad you caught it before it did any damage. And you didn't even have a tow boat on hand :wink:

Sorry I missed your call last night. I'll give you a shout and we'll catch up.

RedDog
05-02-2010, 06:32 PM
Wow, looks like you dodged a bullet on that one! Glad you caught it before it did any damage. And you didn't even have a tow boat on hand :wink:

Sorry I missed your call last night. I'll give you a shout and we'll catch up.

Headed to OKC tomorrow AM

Planetwarmer
05-03-2010, 01:17 AM
Headed to OKC tomorrow AM

Watch out for all that red dirt!

VetteLT193
05-03-2010, 07:18 AM
I hate days like that. The boat + blood thing is standard issue though. My boat bag always has a first aid kit in it. Used it on my trip this weekend too :nilly: