PDA

View Full Version : Decals / Stickers for a '76 18' 2+3! HELP!

pipnit
04-28-2010, 11:34 AM
:nilly:
Oh man, are these unobtanium or what? I searched all the threads here or a lot of them and found that in the past, Jaime at Lakeland in PA was the guy. I've spoke with him twice in two days and it appears that for one reason or another, he is refusing to sell these over the counter. I could get a set but I'd need to have him restore my boat, lol. I think there are some boring lawyers getting involved with the stickers so Jaime is a no go. Nice guy though.
Anyone know where I can get some of these? I'm in dire need of these as I'm painting my boat! HELP!!! SOS! lol

Thanks in advance,

Geoff

http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash1/hs527.ash1/30953_385778842996_691862996_4054741_4375410_n.jpg

LeadSledMerc
04-28-2010, 12:02 PM
There's a guy on ebay I've bought a few sets off. I'll post a picture when I get home, but I think they look pretty damn close. I'll get you his email address and you can contact him direct. They were reasonable $$ and they shipped fast.

pipnit
04-28-2010, 01:15 PM
LeadSledMerc,

That info would be invaluable, thanks for the reply. If you could PULLEEEZE dig up that email, I'd really appreciate it.

So what's the LeadSled? '49? :popcorn:

jl1962
04-28-2010, 03:46 PM
Try Richard Weaver in Maine. Use the search function on this site for contact info.

pipnit
04-28-2010, 04:19 PM
Thank you JL, I found his contact info and sent an email. Thanks a lot!

:party:

LeadSledMerc
04-28-2010, 06:42 PM
LeadSledMerc,

That info would be invaluable, thanks for the reply. If you could PULLEEEZE dig up that email, I'd really appreciate it.

So what's the LeadSled? '49? :popcorn:
No, it was a '51...it went down the road some years ago. :-(
Other car toys in the garage now! :-)

The guy I bought a bunch of stickers from is Darell and his email is bigdsigns@insightbb.com I originally found him on ebay, but have been dealing with him direct. I've been real happy.
The pic is of some from him I put on my '70-18.

Just Say N20
04-28-2010, 09:29 PM
Axelkloehn, The Man, made a very accurate pdf of them. I would think you could take the file to any sign shop and they should be able to reproduce them.

I would send you the file, but it is on my other computer.

Shoot him an e-mail. I'm sure he'd send you the file.

Why are your engine hatch hinges on the side?

LKSD
04-29-2010, 06:43 AM
:nilly:
Oh man, are these unobtanium or what? I searched all the threads here or a lot of them and found that in the past, Jaime at Lakeland in PA was the guy. I've spoke with him twice in two days and it appears that for one reason or another, he is refusing to sell these over the counter. I could get a set but I'd need to have him restore my boat, lol. I think there are some boring lawyers getting involved with the stickers so Jaime is a no go. Nice guy though.
Anyone know where I can get some of these? I'm in dire need of these as I'm painting my boat! HELP!!! SOS! lol
Thanks in advance,
Geoff
http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash1/hs527.ash1/30953_385778842996_691862996_4054741_4375410_n.jpg

Thanks for the call.. I would like to clarify what I had said a bit as what you have said is not completely accurate. I believe you misunderstood me or misheard me.. :)

I am sure that your post was not intended to start trouble, nor do I take it that way.

I just want to clarify my words & position.. And I do understand that you want replacement graphics otherwise you wouldn't have called me and asked me 2 days in a row to only get the same answer from me... lol :)

Actually what I said was that I am not currently selling the aftermarket replacement graphics over the counter currently. For many reasons including some personal.

I never said there was a legal issue. My Lawyers have nothing really to do with it other than telling me I can sell them if I wanted to. I always ask my lawyers n retainer about many matters in regards to my business as my wife used to work at one of the firms. I find it better to plan, be honest & cover my bases with what I do in general. It makes for smoother sailing.. ;) People that have done business with me know what I mean.. :)

Honestly & unfortunately what it comes down to is there is just way toooo much Drama around the selling of these replacement graphics. I am way to busy & have enough other stresses with running 3 companies and trying to have a family life too.

Between prices for doing it right on my end, people not always liking the price, some preferring a non accurate or correct Ebay set because it was cheaper, or words getting put into my mouth, it is just not worth the BS involved for some damn stickers.

I do have all of the stuff on file back to 64 for the most part. I am currently only working with the aftermarket replacement graphics when I am refinishing or restoring a boat back to its original state at our shop..

I do offer many other things for Donzi boats & other boat lines as well. As I have most of the same vendors that the factories use.. I also have some that they dont have for hard to find parts. Just the aftermarket replacement graphics have been off of my current mail order list for quite some time now.. ;)

So anyone should feel free to give me a call for any other needs, just not the stickers... lol.. :)

Thanks in advance for all of your understandings.. :)

Jamie / Lakeside

pipnit
04-29-2010, 07:34 AM
Thanks for the reply Jaime. WHen you alluded to "not able to sell those over the counter anymore" I simply ASSumed that the lawyers had gotten involved. I did hang up, twice with the feeling that you were saying, "well, I got them, but you can't have them" lol. I also figured that I couldn't buy anything from you unless I were to do a complete restoration so I'm glad that we got that cleared up. You never know when I'll be looking for some hard to find part. I know it was kind of a B!%$* finding the electronic shifting device for my transmission for example.
I'm in business as well and understand the nuances of dealing with special people on special projects, and this has resulted in a couple customers having been "fired." lol
Roost on! :band:

pipnit
04-29-2010, 07:36 AM
Why are your engine hatch hinges on the side?

That's how it came from the factory :wink: You might also be wondering what those "humps" are on the hatch. Those are factory too.

pipnit
04-29-2010, 07:38 AM
:yippie:
Richard called me up last night and we had a nice conversation. Luckily, he had the correct stickers I'm looking for, whoo hooo! Thanks for the help guys, I'll get some pics posted in a couple weeks when she's nice and shiny again.

LKSD
04-29-2010, 07:39 AM
Thanks for the reply Jaime. WHen you alluded to "not able to sell those over the counter anymore" I simply ASSumed that the lawyers had gotten involved. I did hang up, twice with the feeling that you were saying, "well, I got them, but you can't have them" lol. I also figured that I couldn't buy anything from you unless I were to do a complete restoration so I'm glad that we got that cleared up. You never know when I'll be looking for some hard to find part. I know it was kind of a B!%$* finding the electronic shifting device for my transmission for example.
I'm in business as well and understand the nuances of dealing with special people on special projects, and this has resulted in a couple customers having been "fired." lol
Roost on! :band:

No Worries Geoff.. :) Thanks for your understanding.. :)

Jamie