PDA

View Full Version : Had my bottom blueprinted too!

The Hedgehog
04-27-2010, 08:33 PM
Blasted her down and had the first 20 feet or so reworked. It was kind of cool to see the individual plates before it was faired back in.

What do you think Buizilla? The labbing and the bottom job should be good for a knot or two. Heck, I may even save .0001 mpg!

Time to turn up the Detroits and plane this bad boy out!:drinkbeer:

The Hedgehog
04-27-2010, 08:36 PM
All the extra speed made me feel important. Kind of like the leader of a third world country.

Here we are doing the "leader of a third world country" impersonation at Nickajack lock on Sun. Todd and I had quite the party bringing her back.

Donzi Vol
04-27-2010, 08:39 PM
Unbelieveable. That's just huge

The Hedgehog
04-27-2010, 08:51 PM
Unbelieveable. That's just huge

You need to come down for a trip on one of these nice days.

Oh yeah, we have some more Bama garb for the Dave Room.

I mistakenly drank from a beer hugger with an orange T last weekend. I had to buy some more Bama flags to recover.

The Hedgehog
04-27-2010, 09:04 PM
Added a little flatscreen for the master stateroom.

Only two more TV's to go to finish the complete TV pimpin process.

handfulz28
04-27-2010, 09:25 PM
All the extra speed made me feel important. Kind of like the leader of a third world country.

Here we are doing the "leader of a third world country" impersonation at Nickajack lock on Sun. Todd and I had quite the party bringing her back.

Reminds me more of Kelly's Heroes...:kingme:

Big pimpin'...spendin' cheese :pimp:

BUIZILLA
04-27-2010, 09:37 PM
ok..

i'm jealous

thehow33
04-27-2010, 10:19 PM
Looks like a stepped hull.hehe Seriously though, very cool boat. I think you should get a donzi dingy to hang off of it.

Last Real Texan
04-28-2010, 06:30 AM
Had a little Blue printing done about 6 months ago as well...not quite the size of the Hedgehog but just under 50 foot...lots of sanding and prep work...Had a diver under the boat past week and had her cleaned in the water...found about 50 feet of Crab pot line wrapped around the poprt prop and shaft....no wonder I lost a knot or two...

Tex

zelatore
04-28-2010, 11:58 AM
Had a little Blue printing done about 6 months ago as well...not quite the size of the Hedgehog but just under 50 foot...lots of sanding and prep work...Had a diver under the boat past week and had her cleaned in the water...found about 50 feet of Crab pot line wrapped around the poprt prop and shaft....no wonder I lost a knot or two...

Tex

Man, that is one long prop shaft. Glad you only wrapped it up and didn't have to replace it. $$$$$$$$!

zelatore
04-28-2010, 11:59 AM
Blasted her down and had the first 20 feet or so reworked. It was kind of cool to see the individual plates before it was faired back in.

What do you think Buizilla? The labbing and the bottom job should be good for a knot or two. Heck, I may even save .0001 mpg!

Time to turn up the Detroits and plane this bad boy out!:drinkbeer:

looking at those pics, I'm thinking you pretty much max'ed out the local travel lift...you must be important!

The Hedgehog
04-28-2010, 12:42 PM
looking at those pics, I'm thinking you pretty much max'ed out the local travel lift...you must be important!

It is a 50 ton lift and she weighs 80,000 lbs or so. They were pretty proud of their lift and have done it before. I am pretty sure that they will be ok if they don't see me for a while though. I doubt that they want to put any more on it. The lift operator got worked pretty hard getting it back in the water.

The only other lift that can handle me is another 2 days by water or so at Pickwick. My marina claims 50 tons but I have not seen them handle anything close to this.

I would be interested to know if anyone in Knoxville has a big lift. I hear that there is some pretty big hardware. I would guess that they don't have to go all the way to Pickwick.

zelatore
04-28-2010, 02:57 PM
Years ago I visited the Carver/SeaRay/Baja dealer in Knoxville and they had plenty of stuff in the 50-60' range on hand. I didn't see the yard they launch from, but I would assume they had a 100 ton lift around.

Gee...and my customers here b!itch if they have to go across the bay for a haul-out. I usually run into beam restrictions before I run into weight problems. Anything over 18' wide limits me to about 3 places locally.

The Hedgehog
04-28-2010, 03:01 PM
Years ago I visited the Carver/SeaRay/Baja dealer in Knoxville and they had plenty of stuff in the 50-60' range on hand. I didn't see the yard they launch from, but I would assume they had a 100 ton lift around.

Gee...and my customers here b!itch if they have to go across the bay for a haul-out. I usually run into beam restrictions before I run into weight problems. Anything over 18' wide limits me to about 3 places locally.

I sort of figured that they had something like that in Knoxville. I may check into that. I am always needing a reason to cruise somewhere.

Too bad the Knoxville Christensen thing did not pan out. I would have enjoyed going there to gawk at stuff

mrfixxall
04-28-2010, 04:47 PM
WEll you could always hire a 100 ton crane to do the work@ 500.00 per hour :eek:

The Hedgehog
04-28-2010, 05:32 PM
WEll you could always hire a 100 ton crane to do the work@ 500.00 per hour :eek:

That is not too far off what you pay in these parts.

zelatore
04-28-2010, 06:36 PM

Having used a crane to assemble/disassemble a couple larger boats on-site at boat shows, I can categorically state you would much rather use a travel lift!

Granted, the cranes are usually more mobile...